African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Trying to start up PETTY division amongst black people...🤦🏾‍♂️

i should go in the Black Culture Thread and talk about how LA people don’t like New York people because they killed Biggie and Pop Smoke.

you see how that’s a nonsensical and petty argument right?
What you talking about Sisqo?

anyway, we went over this a million times

We all have experiences that make us all different, black people are not concentrated on one continent. There will be differences in upbringing and all that good stuff. We are separated by colonialism and enslavement. We all are gonna small bad experiences with the other groups. There was a group of Africans in college that didn't like the Caribbean dudes. A small group of Caribbean dudes in HS didnt get along with the Afro-Americans in this one class. Is it perfect between all the groups? of course not. However that shouldn't stop all of us from having the one commonality in that we are all BLACK. We have bigger issues to worry about (White Supremacy, China moving into Africa and the Caribbean) to act like we are enemies between us.

The ones who are Native to Nigeria have flawed views. The ones that are born here are more aware of black American history.
My point exactly.
It will also surprise you some native Nigerians also don't meld with American born Nigerians, and ill again reiterate cultural differences.

My point exactly.
It will also surprise you some native Nigerians also don't meld with American born Nigerians, and ill again reiterate cultural differences.
This is true too.

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife , a lot of what we consider normal in the US/West would be highly frowned upon in most African countries.

An extreme example would be anti-LGBT laws being passed in Ugnada (which is not a theocracy by any means).

On the mild side, talking back to your elders at any age would draw the enmity of the community. Doesn't matter if you are right, you "have to respect your elders." Such considerations are laughed at here.

One dude (moved here from the continent) once told me that he would never respect somebody in a position of authority with dreads on his head, as if that hairstyle has a negative impact on one's abilities.

African and American societies place different expectations on their members, and when you grow up with a certain outlook on life, it can be hard to adapt to a new one.

This is true too.

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife , a lot of what we consider normal in the US/West would be highly frowned upon in most African countries.

An extreme example would be anti-LGBT laws being passed in Ugnada (which is not a theocracy by any means).

On the mild side, talking back to your elders at any age would draw the enmity of the community. Doesn't matter if you are right, you "have to respect your elders." Such considerations are laughed at here.

One dude (moved here from the continent) once told me that he would never respect somebody in a position of authority with dreads on his head, as if that hairstyle has a negative impact on one's abilities.

African and American societies place different expectations on their members, and when you grow up with a certain outlook on life, it can be hard to adapt to a new one.
Yikes and the dread comment. Biscuit boy ish. My community was also raised not to talk back to elders. Africans should still show respect to the OGs/Aka African Americans when they come to the states.

Africans should still show respect to the OGs/Aka African Americans when they come to the states.
Assuming you believe respect is earned not just simply given, especially when comes down to the character, behavior, values etc. of the person who should be respected.

what's the affinity w/ (a specific group of) black men (large enough to become a stereotype) and fat white women?

What are talking about man? I like fat girls of all races.
I see it more in the south than north, but it’s definitely a thing. It’s usually a wild skinny black dude and a obese white woman. Something occurred that made thing about it.

In general there’s a weight problem w/ black ppl here in America. I hate the “must be eating good” spill. It’s like c’mon, you’re in the pool w/ a shirt on. You aren’t eating good.
Why do you care where someone puts their penis in?
You mentioned a penis, and prior to you doing so it never crossed my mind.

Care to elaborate?
It's a bit too complex to break down, but within a society that is wrought with oppression? Insecurity and fear will drive people together. While there are people who may genuinely want to be with what seems to be their opposite, one cannot ignore the socialization that will eventually bring people together.

http://csglobe.com/14-african-countries-still-pay-colonial-tax-france/

86B7F552-01D4-48BD-890E-E7EEF4EEAC08.jpeg

My point exactly.

Yeah I see this once and awhile but its with the ones they view as "Akatas". I was born here and understand Yoruba 100% &get right along with the native Nigerians. That doesnt happen often though.

Back
Top Bottom