Advice on joining Marines, Army, etc.

I'm 31B (Military Police) Active Duty -Best way to go I might add.

I'm in Iraq right now.. Military aspect is good way to spark your life if your young and want to experience life and work.

Choose the MOS you think you'll enjoy and fulfill your contract out with.. don't go for bonuses.. there isn't hardly incentives for joining anymore so good luck.

Rank is rank you will get paid the same whatever MOS you are. Whether your a cook or busting you %+* in the field as infantry.

Speak with a recruiter Not NT. I love NT, but its a HUGE career decision. If you or anyone wants military life.. Air Force is a good way..

Air Force treats you well, living conditions/work conditions/ cherry deployments etc. just rough to rank up.

I don't know alot of military but the army I know my fair share. Any questions hit me up

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

I'm 31B (Military Police) Active Duty -Best way to go I might add. worst way to go

Fixed.

Choose the MOS you think you'll enjoy and fulfill your contract out with.. don't go for bonuses.. there isn't hardly incentives for joining anymore so good luck.
Truth.

Rank is rank you will get paid the same whatever MOS you are. Whether your a cook or busting you %+* in the field as infantry.
....and THIS is why you DONT want to be a cop.

- try to choose a challenging career, with a long school, that pays very well on the outside.

Speak with a recruiter Not NT. I love NT, but its a HUGE career decision.
- False. dont trust either. but id trust NT waaaay before id trust a sleazy recruiter.

- put it this way. pick YOUR career FIRST, outside of NT and the recruiter, based off of the careers YOU SEE in the real world. then use the recruiter to help you find a compatible match in the military.

Air Force treats you well, living conditions/work conditions/ cherry deployments etc. just rough to rank up.
100% Truth.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I'm 31B (Military Police) Active Duty -Best way to go I might add. worst way to go

Fixed.

....and THIS is why you DONT want to be a cop.

- try to choose a challenging career, with a long school, that pays very well on the outside.

So National Guard Is? Weekend warrior route is whatever, I only thing its cool about it, is going to college and being a civilian. I'm deployed and see  the NG units.. Terrible. Overweight. Incompetent. Active I see what I never would of seen being a Civi or worse National Guard.

Being A Cop is Bad? I know the economy hurts but that bad..+$+*$. having Law enforcement background in the Army, I can take that anywhere in a federal job and they'd consider the experience alone as an AA.

Back
Top Bottom