ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every color is on eBay for close to retail. IMO Adidas mis-priced these. $450 seems far more reqsonable but I am clueless as to manufacturing costs so my opinion doesn't mean much
Could've priced them anywhere from $350-$450 and they would've sold better. $500+ for the 950s is ridiculous. Probably didn't cost much to manufacture TBH.

Every color is on eBay for close to retail. IMO Adidas mis-priced these. $450 seems far more reqsonable but I am clueless as to manufacturing costs so my opinion doesn't mean much
My question is why don't they price 350s closer to $400-$450 with most people who struck out willing to pay that 600-1G note isn't it a no brainier? 

My question is why don't they price 350s closer to $400-$450 with most people who struck out willing to pay that 600-1G note isn't it a no brainier? 
Agree $350 For the 350 would have been a perfect price point from a profit standpoint as I'm sure they would still sell out immediately.

Agree $350 For the 350 would have been a perfect price point from a profit standpoint as I'm sure they would still sell out immediately.
they would sell out but it would make it considerably easier if you knew what you were doing since before every drop there are people complaining about tax and shipping that they only have exactly enough. look on twitter and instagram, thousands already whine about the 200 price point

Last edited:
cmon yall >200 would price out the general public from even considering a purchase. the goal is to have kids beg their parents for these shoes. this is day 1 knowledge.

cmon yall >200 would price out the general public from even considering a purchase. the goal is to have kids beg their parents for these shoes. this is day 1 knowledge.
Yes, I see that but if they selling these at higher end boutiques then their marketing demographic is much wider then just the parents that buy them for their kids.

Yes, I see that but if they selling these at higher end boutiques then their marketing demographic is much wider then just the parents that buy them for their kids.
nothing is gonna price this model out dude to its simplistic design and the kanye name attached to it.

its a very wearable sneaker and a profitable sneaker.

350 is fine. but as a consumer i would never wish that 

nothing is gonna price this model out dude to its simplistic design and the kanye name attached to it.

exactly, im not saying I would wanna pay 350 but if I'm the Adidas CEO best believe I would price them around that and maximize profits. We are talking about the difference between some extra Ms

Don't get me wrong brother, I don't want that either. Just saying if his team were were looking to increase profit and go the way of the MJ model "remastered bs" branding they have that option. 

Hell for real I want them to be at that $200 price point for everyone. I'm looking to not lose my shirt for a pair. Just made the statement for the sake of discussion.  

I said a while ago they should jack up the prices. If people are paying over $1,000, why not? I think the prices for the duck boots along with them not being as popular eliminated the reseller. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only yeezy shoe that has sat.

Last edited:

exactly, im not saying I would wanna pay 350 but if I'm the Adidas CEO best believe I would price them around that and maximize profits. We are talking about the difference between some extra Ms
I'm sure he knows that pricing it at 500 would still sell.

But there is a limit for sports brand to be honest.

Even Nike would not be able to price Yeezys at 500 dollars.

The backlash from the community would be more detrimental to the company as a made in China would never be able to warrant that kind of price point.

If it was made in Italy by a luxury brand that you could even price them at 1500 just like the Jaspers / Dons.

Point is, Yeezy Boost is mainly use as a driving force for branding, the profits from selling shoes like that is minimal. Bulk of the business isn't selling shoes to "hypebeasts". Nike knows that, and that's also partly why they decided to let Kanye go because of different directions.

In another light, by pricing the shoe at say $200, resale market would be able to push the shoe up to a market valuation of $1000. It makes the brand look much better in the eyes of a consumer, and someone whom wouldn't want to fork out that kind of money to get a Yeezy, will then decide to get an Ultra Boost instead, or anything from Adidas similar to it.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong brother, I don't want that either. Just saying if his team were were looking to increase profit and go the way of the MJ model "remastered bs" branding they have that option. 

Hell for real I want them to be at that $200 price point for everyone. I'm looking to not lose my shirt for a pair. Just made the statement for the sake of discussion.  
you have to remember, adidas is not centered on kanye.

pricing his boost shoe further from 200 would "devalue" their core shoe the ultra boost which is set at 180. 

it would make the ultra boost appear to be a take down model 

I said a while ago they should jack up the prices. If people are paying over $1,000, why not? I think the prices for the duck boots along with not being as popular eliminated the reseller. If I'm not  mistaken, this is the only yeezy shoe that has sat.

They should absolutely increase the price, maybe that way they will over take sketchers in the market. People are paying $1000 and they're charging $200

you have to remember, adidas is not centered on kanye.

pricing his boost shoe further from 200 would "devalue" their core shoe the ultra boost which is set at 180. 

it would make the ultra boost appear to be a take down model 

They pretty much are centered on Kanye right now. They let him design his own shoe, gave him a huge marketing budget, let him design his own clothing line and sell it on their web store. Also, there is going to be 1 Kanye shoe release each month for the next 3 or 4 months.

Increasing the price on the Yeezy boost is the only thing that makes sense.

Not sure what a take down model even means

I said a while ago they should jack up the prices. If people are paying over $1,000, why not? I think the prices for the duck boots along with them not being as popular eliminated the reseller. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only yeezy shoe that has sat.
Jacking up the price has almost negligible effect in my opinion.

Those that want the shoe will still get it, resellers will still grab them, resale value will just be inflated from the jacked up prices with the same margin.

End up, everyone loses in that scenario.

The reason why 950 don't do well in the market is a lot to do with the fact that 950 isn't that wearable like how 350 is, so that reduces the demographics of resale by a huge percentage. Plus the fact that lots of country such as SEA which don't even have the right weather to wear that shoe in.

They are just content on being the "cool kid" where their shoes are joining the resell market. This is all marketing driven vs. profit, but IMO they can achieve both.

Last edited:

@bwood056  you were right about people not having a clue on business.

inb4 i went to business school
You appear to be the one who doesn't know business. Profits are the single most important aspect of a business and the job of the executives is to maximize profits. This isn't a charity.

They are just content on being the "cool kid" where there shoes are joining the resell market. This is all marketing driven vs. profit, but IMO they can achieve both.
I agree, they are trying to be like nike and jordan. Nike has created a secondary market with Jordan hype and people re-selling their shoes for higher amounts. Nike could easily increase their prices (which they do and is smart). They just use the Jordan hype to sell a ton of other shoes too.

Exactly what adidas is doing with Kanye being the center of their marketing right now.

Bro, those boots sat because they're boots. Big ugly boots. Had nothing to do with the price, look at this crap for crying out loud (see photo below)

Where the heck would you even wear these things...... They won't let you in the club with these on 
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom