ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike has no problem growing lol, but trying to brand yourself in luxury or fashion after being in sportswear for YEARS is not an easy thing to do. 
The collabs help. Those Tisci joints got a lot of praise. But those Air Jordan Shines were trash. 
Whatever are you talking about? 
happy.gif

I get it, but that doesn't turn you into a fashion house.  Adidas and Nike are sportswear, Fashion is outside of their realm.  I mean sure they make some non athletic gear, but if Adidas thinks its hard competing against Nike, then it will be a nightmare trying to keep up with LVMH, H & M Hennes & Mauritz, Kering etc.  They would eat Adidas in that world.
One thing about those fashion houses, they are more about materials than actual technology. Adidas has found a lane with Y-3 which mends superior materials with performance technology. Those QASAs are a great example. Nike did something more into casual with their Cole Haan Lunargrand series. I think thats the next "phase" if you will with these sportswear companies. Premium materials with cutting edge tech. 

Whatever are you talking about? 
happy.gif
I honestly think the Jordan Shine was a quick response to Jordan brand seeing their iconic models or color ways being used by higher end brands. Saint Laurent, that one fashion house that directly copied the 4s, I think they were like well, they are buying those high end versions lets do our own. Those are just ugly. They should have just made a super premium air Jordan 1 and went wild with it. 

One thing about those fashion houses, they are more about materials than actual technology. Adidas has found a lane with Y-3 which mends superior materials with performance technology. Those QASAs are a great example. Nike did something more into casual with their Cole Haan Lunargrand series. I think thats the next "phase" if you will with these sportswear companies. Premium materials with cutting edge tech. 
I get what you are saying, they are making shoes that lean away from sportswear and more into fashion.  What I am saying is that they cannot compete in the fashion world regardless if they have Kanye or not.

Look at one company - Kering for example - and tell me how Adidas has a chance in hell;

Alexander McQueen

Balenciaga

Bottega Veneta

Gucci

Saint Laurent

Stella McCartney

And that's not all of what they own either.   Just the name alone ADIDAS cannot be put into the same list, because the brand has established itself as what it is.  The only way Adidas can enter fashion is through acquisitions, otherwise they will be a sports brand that dabbles with some fashion items.

Last edited:

I get what you are saying, they are making shoes that lean away from sportswear and more into fashion.  What I am saying is that they cannot compete in the fashion world regardless if they have Kanye or not.

Look at one company - Kering for example - and tell me how Adidas has a chance in hell;

Alexander McQueen

Balenciaga

Bottega Veneta

Gucci

Saint Laurent

Stella McCartney

And that's not all of what they own either. 

Last edited:
New pics of the Boosts with dem rope laces. Needs 3M though 
happy.gif
roll.gif

The real question. Flats or ropes in my Y3s lol

Last edited:
starting to think you get paid every time you post pics of dude.  always posting this dude in the CELEBRITY wearin heat thread even though he aint 1.   now your gonna start in here? 

starting to think you get paid every time you post pics of dude.  always posting this dude in the CELEBRITY wearin heat thread even though he aint 1.   now your gonna start in here? 
His name was brought up and I posted photos. Unrustle them jimmies and enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited:
the ones we are shown are definitely the premium version why u think he giving them out to his friends, you think he would give out some GR **** for all these celebs to rock

This is the way of Nt run a funny joke into the ground it's the rep system dudes so hungry for them they don't know when something stopped being funny

So I still don't understand how we buy these things lol.  If Im not in one of the 8 cities listed, I cant buy them online somewhere?  Or do we just not know at this point

roll.gif

the ones we are shown are definitely the premium version why u think he giving them out to his friends, you think he would give out some GR **** for all these celebs to rock
ohwell.gif
 who said anything about the shoe being a gr though

So we all saw this pic a while back.. now that we know what the yeezy boost 750 looks like, what are the odds this is a potential drop from Ye? ......

thots ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom