ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to the Detroit debate, I doubt even natives rep their city.
laugh.gif
I live in Denver now, but from Detroit area originally.  Detroit is definitely on the upswing.  Dan Gilbert has a lot to do with that, buying up old buildings and restoring them, moving all of his QuickenLoans people from Southfield to downtown, giving them incentives to live downtown, etc.  Then you have the other billionaire, Mike Illitch who owns the Tigers and the Red Wings and Little Caesar's pizza, who is building a brand new stadium for the Red Wings right between downtown and Wayne State University (which is about the middle of that 3 mile stretch I was referring to).  

Detroit is definitely getting better, at least downtown.  I just traveled for work last week and I'll tell you what, I'd take Detroit over St. Louis any day of the week. 

So what are we gonna say about the Nike Air Yeezy's value? Its a "sneakerhead shoe" cause there wasnt enough supply for the demand, as with any shoe thus you see it as a niche product, which its not. Not everyone can afford $2500 resale. And no hype train..right now? Hype is at its biggest ever, what are you talking about? :lol:

In 3 years sure, there will be another Yeezy or whatever, but these will still command status and value for most. Supply will dry up, pairs will get beaten and the prices will skyrocket.

Even in the next year, hype will just go up and up as those who have strikes out before will continue to be part of team retail and those like myself with a few pairs will aim to add to the collection.

And to the Detroit debate, I doubt even natives rep their city. :lol:
Everyone i know from The D reps their city to the fullest

Hype IS the biggest ever, compared to the Y1 and Y2. When the Y1/Y2 came out you didn't have kim k stans and their entire families lining up to enter a raffle.
I guess its your opinion that these will command status and value the most but i also agree that prices will go up once they stop making 350s. But it is important to note that the adidas yeezy line has been the most released yeezy style ever. Release the Y2s again? People will forget about the 350s, straight up. This why my 1st comment was a question to how long will adidas release 350s to where it hurts its own hype.

Hype will go to WHATEVER Yeezy releases, whether its Nike or Adidas. No ones gonna forget anything. If theres a steal price or restock on Y1, that will be the hype for the moment, then back to the next 350/550 drop then so on.

The man has that much influence, his shoes anyway. Its the epitome of sneakers IMO right now, and that goes for the Air Yeezys and the Yeezy Boosts.

Hype will go to WHATEVER Yeezy releases, whether its Nike or Adidas. No ones gonna forget anything. If theres a steal price or restock on Y1, that will be the hype for the moment, then back to the next 350/550 drop then so on.

The man has that much influence, his shoes anyway. Its the epitome of sneakers IMO right now, and that goes for the Air Yeezys and the Yeezy Boosts.

TRUE. Just look a the prices on triple white UBs. :x

It's interesting that you feel that there won't be any fatigue on yeezy sneakers after more 350 colorways and new models.

If thats the case then Kanye will have solidified himself as a "brand".

It's interesting that you feel that there won't be any fatigue on yeezy sneakers after more 350 colorways and new models.
if you think about it, Kanye is this generations Michael Jordan. Look at mjs line, I'm pretty sure the same thing is going to happen to kanyes. Aside from the mass production, possibly.

Last edited:
if you think about it, Kanye is this generations Michael Jordan. Look at mjs line, I'm pretty sure the same thing is going to happen to kanyes. Aside from the mass production, possibly.

:stoneface:

Last edited:
can someone help me with a sizing question? I know it was mentioned last week but I cant seem to find it. I have a 9.5 in PB BB and they are just a touch big. I am looking at getting OTs but cant decide if I should get a 8.5 or 9. Just wondering for someone that has both pairs. Thanks.

In regards to sneakers he may be bigger than Jordan Brand 10-15 years later.

Social media is playing a huge part in all of this. All the OG heads will cringe at the notion but times are changing.

I don't understand what's wrong with what I said. Look at the impact kanye has with his following and at what jordan did with his. Pretty much the same thing aside from jordan doing it through ball and kanye through kanye lol

can someone help me with a sizing question? I know it was mentioned last week but I cant seem to find it. I have a 9.5 in PB BB and they are just a touch big. I am looking at getting OTs but cant decide if I should get a 8.5 or 9. Just wondering for someone that has both pairs. Thanks.

I have OT and MR in 9.5 and BB PB in a 10.

My MR feels tightest but im assuming its cause I havent broken them in yet, only wore em once. My OT ive worn maybe 7-8 times and they feel looser than the MR but not as much as my PB. I got a good deal on the PB so thats why I went for a 10 and I actually dont mind the extra space. Its a tad loose but nothing that would bother me. Dont think it will stretch out too much since its loose on my foot anyways.

Get the 9, 8.5 will be too snug. Your toes will be poking out the knit.

I think you'll be good with a size 9 since the 9.5's are a tad big.

Social Media is playing a huge part. But can it help Kanye emulate and withstand the years on years of historical feeling that the best basketball player of all time brought to the game and to sneaker culture??? We'll see. It'll definitely create more of a "fashion" history. But it doesn't have to be all that bad I suppose. Kanye was inspired by Jordans to create his own sneaker, but the history of those games that Jordan wore different models and how it inspired atheletes around the world.. Yeezys don't have that man lol.

Anyways, 3/18? So the rumors were true?

Last edited:
Social Media is playing a huge part. But can it help Kanye emulate and withstand the years on years of historical feeling that the best basketball player of all time brought to the game and to sneaker culture??? We'll see. It'll definitely create more of a "fashion" history. But it doesn't have to be all that bad I suppose. Kanye was inspired by Jordans to create his own sneaker, but the history of those games that Jordan wore different models and how it inspired atheletes around the world.. Yeezys don't have that man lol.

Anyways, 3/18? So the rumors were true?

Nice Kicks tends to be cautious when they speak... And they are Consortium so I'd think they'd have the inside track.

I've heard good things about dude and his predictions but does he work for Adidas? I mean, if not, it is possible that he could be wrong sometimes. No one is infallible.

Nice Kicks tends to be cautious when they speak... And they are Consortium so I'd think they'd have the inside track.
Eh, blog and store might be seperate honestly.

Look at hypebeast. They have their own uncaged UB but still post the same trash as other websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom