Adidas NMD thread

So you're telling me that ultra boost shouldn't be hyped because Kanye wears and endorses them? How many other celebrities have walked around in them? These Nicekicks NMDs are a collab or "endorsed" by a boutique in Texas that people follow on YouTube. Maybe that's why they're hyped? Just like if an NBA player backed them so please tell me the difference.

I'm going to help a dude on the shoes, but that doesn't mean I'm giving them away for retail either. Someone said it's like a part-time job a few posts back, and I waited 14 hours trying to get MY size. Did I? No. Do I want to help someone? Yes. But I still put time and effort trying to get the shoe so at the very least I make some money so I can pay another reseller for a shoe I missed out on.
??? I'm talking about NMDs in an NMDs thread and using UBs as a reference to the hype surrounding these shoes. Point is NMDs do not demand the sort of resale prices people are asking for just because they made a limited amount of them. 

Nice Kicks as a whole tab on Celebrity Sneaker Stalker. Why? because they push the hype on shoes.

Sucks you had to wait 14 hours for your shoes and I can almost guarantee someone in front of you bought the shoe so they can resell it to you same day for triple the price just because he/she was few people ahead of you. 

I can almost guarantee that purchase was one of their first adidas purchases in the past year.

??? I'm talking about NMDs in an NMDs thread and using UBs as a reference to the hype surrounding these shoes. Point is NMDs do not demand the sort of resale prices people are asking for just because they made a limited amount of them. 

Nice Kicks as a whole tab on Celebrity Sneaker Stalker. Why? because they push the hype on shoes.

Sucks you had to wait 14 hours for your shoes and I can almost guarantee someone in front of you bought the shoe so they can resell it to you same day for triple the price just because he/she was few people ahead of you. 

I can almost guarantee that purchase was one of their first adidas purchases in the past year.
Who cares, it's business. If someone was before him and he was advertising his size he sorta played himself.

Buy them for 500 & someone else will be selling for 600 the next week. If you gon cop from a reseller at least make sure the price aint double or triple the price. Yall the reason they copping & trying to sell every damn pair. Whenever resellers cop something & it aint moving they eventually lower the price. If yall copping at the highest point then yall lost & YALL are part of the problem. Not the ppl who know not to fall into them tactics & know its pointless to complain bout it cause of the way society is. Complaining = hating or whining to ppl these days

/rant

Who cares, it's business. If someone was before him and he was advertising his size he sorta played himself.
I don't care what the do with their money, go get pimped out thats fine. But being part of that community directly affects me. So if there are foolish people on the consumer side of things that we all are in, why should we accept triple price for something that is not worth that?

Business is business but not doing it dirty like that. That's why big companies have regulations for things like this but on a much much larger scale.

I don't care what the do with their money, go get pimped out thats fine. But being part of that community directly affects me. So if there are foolish people on the consumer side of things that we all are in, why should we accept triple price for something that is not worth that?

Business is business but not doing it dirty like that. That's why big companies have regulations for things like this but on a much much larger scale.
it's worth it as long as one person is willing to pay. Yeezys go for more and one person not paying 800 on a pair won't stop nothing.

Buy them for 500 & someone else will be selling for 600 the next week. If you gon cop from a reseller at least make sure the price aint double or triple the price. Yall the reason they copping & trying to sell every damn pair. Whenever resellers cop something & it aint moving they eventually lower the price. If yall copping at the highest point then yall lost & YALL are part of the problem. Not the ppl who know not to fall into them tactics & know its pointless to complain bout it cause of the way society is. Complaining = hating or whining to ppl these days

/rant
PREACH.

The shoe community I left long ago until Adidas I've been enjoying started making a push . I left Jordan brand and Nike brand when the SBs started their hype train which I am so glad fizzled out.

The shoe community is so far gone but I figure I say my case to maybe inspire the community to not pay triple prices just to see if they still had it in them. Guess not.

Maybe when these kids grow up and they see how it really is when they actually have bills to pay, paying triple the price for something not worth it actually means something.

it's worth it as long as one person is willing to pay. Yeezys go for more and one person not paying 800 on a pair won't stop nothing.
The only reason why they are willing to pay that because "someone else" paid that.

That's why you see on there people asking for justification, "is paying $500 too much for these?"

I bet if at least 20 people said no wholeheartedly they wouldn't buy it. But if ONE person said yea I bought them for $525, they think they are getting a deal.

In reality shoes are probably worth <$10 to make and you already get d*cked on the retail. then on top you pay resell. You are at the bottom of the totem pole my friend blinded by the fact you got these shoes probably DUDES not females that are going to complement you on.

PREACH.

The shoe community I left long ago until Adidas I've been enjoying started making a push . I left Jordan brand and Nike brand when the SBs started their hype train which I am so glad fizzled out.

The shoe community is so far gone but I figure I say my case to maybe inspire the community to not pay triple prices just to see if they still had it in them. Guess not.

Maybe when these kids grow up and they see how it really is when they actually have bills to pay, paying triple the price for something not worth it actually means something.

Yea its gets tiresome after awhile waiting in lines to BUY sneakers & it just seems so dumb to ppl outside of the culture that its annoying to explain why we do this. I stopped going after hyped sneakers cause i hate the issues with it so i stick to more under the radar kinda releases. And thats why im kinda mad the NMDs are all hyped like this smh. I just hope they really mass produce the mesh pairs cause i just wanna a pair of these to WEAR, NOT SELL

They didn't try to resell to me but I know they were reselling. They told me. I don't blame them though because they put in extra work that I didn't and I could've waited longer to get my size. I didn't because I didn't think I would have to. Either way that's my decision and the reason I'm not wearing a pair right now. Also probably not because adidas is making a huge push forward and a lot of people are buying. Just because people hopped on adidas after ultra boost or kanye doesn't mean they can't love what they buy.

NMDs are a design that uses some old models for inspiration. Have you considered nostalgia for the prices? The technology like primeknit or boost? Maybe the fact that they're actually just really dope kicks?

I just paid 575 for Nice Kicks NMD, yes I'm happy I got them but I hate myself for supporting resellers!
What size? That price is stupid high man but glad you're happy with your kicks.

Yea its gets tiresome after awhile waiting in lines to BUY sneakers & it just seems so dumb to ppl outside of the culture that its annoying to explain why we do this. I stopped going after hyped sneakers cause i hate the issues with it so i stick to more under the radar kinda releases. And thats why im kinda mad the NMDs are all hyped like this smh. I just hope they really mass produce the mesh pairs cause i just wanna a pair of these to WEAR, NOT SELL
Well I'm glad that there are a few in the community that have sense between their shoulders.

I'm not salty I didn't get the shoes, I'm salty for the people who actually wanted the shoes at that LA UNDFTD but got d**ked by the manager there so his homies can buy the shoes to resell.

People act like shoes they buy are gonna end up in the Smithsonian so they have to pay triple.

The only reason why they are willing to pay that because "someone else" paid that.

That's why you see on there people asking for justification, "is paying $500 too much for these?"

I bet if at least 20 people said no wholeheartedly they wouldn't buy it. But if ONE person said yea I bought them for $525, they think they are getting a deal.

In reality shoes are probably worth

Well I'm glad that there are a few in the community that have sense between their shoulders.

I'm not salty I didn't get the shoes, I'm salty for the people who actually wanted the shoes at that LA UNDFTD but got d**ked by the manager there so his homies can buy the shoes to resell.

People act like shoes they buy are gonna end up in the Smithsonian so they have to pay triple.
like I said earlier cats should've asked the day before what side the line was on. If you see people across the street begin to line up wouldn't the logical answer be to cross the street and inform them of the line? If the people across the street were there earlier then just walk across the street and get in front of the SUV people who just popped up. What kind of goddamn street is it on to prevent that? :lol:

Yea I know the prices are stupid high and I'm supporting this bs, but I'm returning my pair of Jordan XXX's to Nike since they don't fit me well at all and that will help me not feel as bad spending as much on NMD's on ebay lol Yea the logic is stupid. I'd rather have this pair of NMD's at this point anyway, have wanted them since they released. Striking out on the Yellows made me want them even more smh

Which seller would you buy from?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A...351902?hash=item2ca84fa11e:g:6DEAAOSwUuFWuSGs

This one has pics and looks like a legit adidas.com receipt

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADIDAS-NMD-...hash=item281246ad90:m:mFBWaUBoR3coq9AOBwMNVUg

This seller has been around, has sold a ton of and has high positive feedback, is a little cheaper and offers returns.

"All merchandise is 100% authentic. Any emails sent regarding a receipt of purchase or the authenticity of the item would be disregarded."  This just worries me, but reading through feedback it looks like everyone says authentic.

The difference in price doesn't matter that much, I just don't want fakes. Not even sure if this colorway has fakes yet? I know the first NMD does.

Any advice? besides the don't cop from resellers just wait for another color. I happen to really want this specific colorway badly.

Also if I'm a 10.5 in ultraboosts should I go for a size 10 in these or stick to 10.5?

Thanks if anyone can help and sorry for writing so much.

They didn't try to resell to me but I know they were reselling. They told me. I don't blame them though because they put in extra work that I didn't and I could've waited longer to get my size. I didn't because I didn't think I would have to. Either way that's my decision and the reason I'm not wearing a pair right now. Also probably not because adidas is making a huge push forward and a lot of people are buying. Just because people hopped on adidas after ultra boost or kanye doesn't mean they can't love what they buy.

NMDs are a design that uses some old models for inspiration. Have you considered nostalgia for the prices? The technology like primeknit or boost? Maybe the fact that they're actually just really dope kicks?

What size? That price is stupid high man but glad you're happy with your kicks.
I was gonna start feeling sorry for you for waiting in line for 14 hrs but getting played at the end because someone spent more time trying to screw you over but nah. You deserve that. 

As for nostalgia purposes? are you kidding? do you see a thread with more than 10 pages on the Micro Pacer / Boston super / Rising star  shoes it grabs its inspiration? More than half the community don't know what an of those shoes are. 

You are so far gone my friend,  good luck to you and making the best of your time. Hopefully one day you can stand in front of a reseller in line so you can cop your shoe at retail.

Yea I know the prices are stupid high and I'm supporting this bs, but I'm returning my pair of Jordan XXX's to Nike since they don't fit me well at all and that will help me not feel as bad spending as much on NMD's on ebay lol Yea the logic is stupid. I'd rather have this pair of NMD's at this point anyway, have wanted them since they released. Striking out on the Yellows made me want them even more smh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A...351902?hash=item2ca84fa11e:g:6DEAAOSwUuFWuSGs

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADIDAS-NMD-...hash=item281246ad90:m:mFBWaUBoR3coq9AOBwMNVUg

This seller has been around, has sold a ton of and has high positive feedback, is a little cheaper and offers returns.

"All merchandise is 100% authentic. Any emails sent regarding a receipt of purchase or the authenticity of the item would be disregarded."  This just worries me, but reading through feedback it looks like everyone says authentic.

The difference in price doesn't matter that much, I just don't want fakes. Not even sure if this colorway has fakes yet? I know the first NMD does.

Any advice? besides the don't cop from resellers just wait for another color. I happen to really want this specific colorway badly.

Also if I'm a 10.5 in ultraboosts should I go for a size 10 in these or stick to 10.5?

I'd go with the seller with username ass****r

or

Hey man, @htrannn   just copped a pair of SF X NK in a sz 10 he stood 14hrs in line for even though they weren't his size. He said he was going to help his Adidas community out so maybe you can ask him. 

I laughed once i sold my pair for $500. I just don't see the infatuation with them, but what's one man's trash is another man's treasure. Wish i had more to sell.
Just missed the Nice Kicks restock earlier :smh:

Last edited:
like I said earlier cats should've asked the day before what side the line was on. If you see people across the street begin to line up wouldn't the logical answer be to cross the street and inform them of the line? If the people across the street were there earlier then just walk across the street and get in front of the SUV people who just popped up. What kind of goddamn street is it on to prevent that? :lol:
can anyone answer what freaking street this store is on to prevent this simple solution?

I laughed once i sold my pair for $500. I just don't see the infatuation with them. Wish i had more to sell.
Just missed the Nice Kicks restock earlier
mean.gif
SNS?

I was gonna start feeling sorry for you for waiting in line for 14 hrs but getting played at the end because someone spent more time trying to screw you over but nah. You deserve that. 

As for nostalgia purposes? are you kidding? do you see a thread with more than 10 pages on the Micro Pacer / Boston super / Rising star  shoes it grabs its inspiration? More than half the community don't know what an of those shoes are. 

You are so far gone my friend,  good luck to you and making the best of your time. Hopefully one day you can stand in front of a reseller in line so you can cop your shoe at retail.
Man honestly I'm pissed because I wanted my size. I think he's a **** for lining up purely for resell but what am I supposed to say? You don't deserve to buy a shoe because you waited longer than I did? In the end fcfs is fcfs man and I didn't put in as much time so I'll take what I can get. I'm lucky I even got a pair.

Nostalgia doesn't hit adidas as much but how many people feel that way about Nike and Jordan. It doesn't apply to every shoe.

Thank you man, I have hit a few times to get the shoes I've wanted. Sometimes things work out in the end. 

Back
Top Bottom