ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fully completely 100% agree. If I got off NT, my spending would go way down. I just get bored sometimes and need something to read though
laugh.gif
haha, this site is an enabler for sure... always new stuff coming, hype talk and links... its terrible for my wallet.

My theory lately is quality over qty. Ive got about 30 pair of sneakers... mostly hard to get stuff. I have a few beaters, but I feel like the way to keep the collection to a reasonable number is not to buy everything i see... I like a lot of stuff but lately have been just trying to get what i REALLY like.

i stopped caring about youtube sneaker people i stopped being able to find reviews of shoes that i wanted to buy that werent hyped. back in the day anyone and everyone reviewed any and everyshoe they like and it was actually a thing for people to cop and review older shoes. now adays if it doesnt have some kind of hype behind it theres no video review for it

Could be but with the influx of consignment shops, it's way easier to just unload a whole bunch of pairs without individually selling them.

But it could also be some people's collections aren't quite relevant anymore when they re-release CWs in Nike/Jordan every other year.

I am just amazed at how he is able to drop so much money on shoes on just being a tattoo artist but now he on the road so he must've had a lot of shells saved up.

Making merch is genius and doing pop-up shops because essentially that is his allowance on the road.

Not knocking his hustle. Just don't like the Boost > everything rhetoric. It's like he trying a little too hard to be his self-proclaimed name.
not saying this is how, but in addition I  think he got a settlement from getting hit by a drunk driver (being the pedestrian).  

I think the youtube thing is just paralleling what was already happening in the community.

I've sold about 150 pairs off in the last 2 years and I'm probably going to let go of another 50-60 pairs of Jordans because I just can't stand to be uncomfortable in $200 shoes.
Could be but with the influx of consignment shops, it's way easier to just unload a whole bunch of pairs without individually selling them.

But it could also be some people's collections aren't quite relevant anymore when they re-release CWs in Nike/Jordan every other year.
Good point, 95% of the shoes I sold off went to Sole Supremacy.

haha, this site is an enabler for sure... always new stuff coming, hype talk and links... its terrible for my wallet.

My theory lately is quality over qty. Ive got about 30 pair of sneakers... mostly hard to get stuff. I have a few beaters, but I feel like the way to keep the collection to a reasonable number is not to buy everything i see... I like a lot of stuff but lately have been just trying to get what i REALLY like.
haha just because links are given doesn't mean y'all have to buy it.

I admit I was in the mentality to grab different kind of boost shoes at the start because there weren't as many releases as there is this year.

But now, it's easy to stay benched unless someone forreal likes every single CW that comes out.

not saying this is how, but in addition I  think he got a settlement from getting hit by a drunk driver (being the pedestrian).  
oh, I thought he was the one who got the DUI? I stopped watching in-depth long ago and only watch to get possible sizing/fit questions before a release, if he gets em early.

Nice, hope you got a good price. They love flexing on their IG how much they spend on private collections.

I've tried selling off a few pairs to them but they barely give me the time of day or give me an extreme low ball offer.

Looks like they are at a level where they just buy big private collections and stock up on yeezys.

Last edited:

Nice, hope you got a good price. They love flexing on their IG how much they spend on private collections.

I've tried selling off a few pairs to them but they barely give me the time of day or give me an extreme low ball offer.

Looks like they are at a level where they just buy big private collections and stock up on yeezys.
They give decent offers but won't really give you the time of day unless you're asking about 20+ pairs.

haha just because links are given doesn't mean y'all have to buy it.

I admit I was in the mentality to grab different kind of boost shoes at the start because there weren't as many releases as there is this year.

But now, it's easy to stay benched unless someone forreal likes every single CW that comes out.
True, but its much more tempting when something that sells quick is posted and you decide to BNTL, hahaha

Newest pickup. The splashes of color in the knit and the colored lace tips are so nice 
smokin.gif

Glad I went with the mens version instead of the women's in the end
Had same dilemma but comparing both side by side Men's pair was a better choice. although the Women's pair pops the MC more, knit didn't flow as well with the off-gray/blk like the men's pair.

They give decent offers but won't really give you the time of day unless you're asking about 20+ pairs.
What I figured. All good. GOAT ends up saving the day.

True, but its much more tempting when something that sells quick is posted and you decide to BNTL, hahaha
This would've applied early this year, now so much GRs flooded market resell is not lit.
laugh.gif

Unless making $20 is something worthwhile for some people.

It's funny thought that some resellers still firm on some collab UBs when the market has always been 100-200 below their asking. Them pairs held hostage gonna collect dust.

It is for a lot of people. Over the years I've seen so many new members post a barrage of pickups depending on the trend (J's, dunks, air max's, foams, kobes, brons, J's again, fks and roshes, and now boosts). Some of them end up selling and going away, some sell and move on to the next shoe trend, and a few stick around (most of which realize that it isn't sustainable or justified to continue buying like that). Common behavior with hobbys I suppose, only a small portion have been around and into shoes like that for good.

Ive been on NT since 06, other forums before that. Ive built up and sold off collections of 100+ twice now, currently building up again. First it was jordans, then air max, now adidas/AM. Ive seen this trend and discussion play out countless times by the members here. Its just something that happens. Everyone gets to a point when they take a good, hard look at the reality of what they're doing. We're in a consumer society so theres always an influence to spend on material things whether its shoes, clothes, cars or some other trinkets. But evedyrhing gets old and doesn't satisfy like it once did. Then you take a break and after awhile it becomes appealing again, or you move on to some other consumerist vice. Or ideally kick the habit all together.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the release dates for the new colorways of the EQT 93/17? Trying to decide if I want to un DS my white turbos or get rid of em for the new colors (all blacks look clean)

I hope these idiot youtubers "selling off their collections" for clickbait take all their mouthbreathing fans with them

Ive been on NT since 06, other forums before that. Ive built up and sold off collections of 100+ twice now, currently building up again. First it was jordans, then air max, now adidas/AM. Ive seen this trend and discussion play out countless times by the members here. Its just something that happens. Everyone gets to a point when they take a good, hard look at the reality of what they're doing. We're in a consumer society so theres always an influence to spend on material things whether its shoes, clothes, cars or some other trinkets. But evedyrhing gets old and doesn't satisfy like it once did. Then you take a break and after awhile it becomes appealing again, or you move on to some other consumerist vice. Or ideally kick the habit all together.

the truthh

Does anyone know the release dates for the new colorways of the EQT 93/17? Trying to decide if I want to un DS my white turbos or get rid of em for the new colors (all blacks look clean)
why not unDS white turbos then buy the new colors when they come out? they def ain't coming out for another month or so.

same for me. I've sold a tonnn of pairs over the past year, all stuff I wore once or didn't wear at all. I have too many UBs as is, so I'm done with those unless something amazing drops. But then I do the unload to reload thing, so that means I'll sell something to make up for it. I'm not a collector by any means.
Just a shoe wh*re 
roll.gif
 JK

But yes, thankfully to 2.0, I didnt add much to UB collection.  Im at 13 UBs, 1 UB Mid, 2 NMD R1, 2 NMD R2, 1 EQT, 1 Iniki, 1 UB Uncage, 3 V2s and 1 750. 

Last edited:
not a fan of the youtube people but i watch this kid from time to time. he pretty much summarized the place i had come to about 2 years ago. without the video/vlog influence of course

why not unDS white turbos then buy the new colors when they come out? they def ain't coming out for another month or so.
Cuz I think if it's only a month or so i could save a little money by waiting. I have the black turbos already as well.

When youtube takes you down that wormhole of random videos, you end up watching these.

It's funny because there's a whole bunch of folks making shoe reviews and their earliest shoe is actually an UB/NMD of some sort.

Boost tech def brought some new players to the game.
There might have been a couple of instances that I did watch to check on feet looks of a certain sneaker 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom