ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pretty much. If adidas couldn't get it right 3 times, they ain't never gonna get it right. They gotta stop half-assing the good MC name that it was. Got people accepting gradient MC as the greatest ever lol or assuming any tri-color knit as MC
I have seen the MC on 5 pairs (CNY 1.0 / MC 1.0 / MC 2.0 / UB Mids (not-released) / CNY 2.0 *3.0 knit (not-released)) and Nike's design is better.

If Adidas made the MC 1.0 throughout the whole shoe and not just the toe, that woulda been executed a lot better 

smokin.gif
I still enjoy my 2.0 pair but this would way better if it was a uniform MC knit that is on the sides of the shoe instead of breaking it up with the gradient knit design.

Woulda looked like rainbow fish-scales.

Last edited:

ok i have taken nike flknits and ultra boosts and put them in the washer to clean them with amazing results.

i have a pair of the white 2.0 boosts comin in

my question is, has anyone used protectant on a pair and then tried the washing method? 

i ask because i wear my white boosts into the bars and completely trash them, knowing i can just throw them in the wash with the comfort of knowing they will look brand new. however on my last pair i eventually got a smudge of some black stuff that wouldnt come out, so im thinking of spraying mine first.... but dont know if that wont make the washing machine process work as well......tia
If the smudge is on the knit you may need to spot clean them with detergent and water before throwing them in the wash. Soft bristled toothbrush with high contact worked for me on spot cleaning. You just gotta be careful not to weather the knit.
yea i always do that regardless. real quick brush over the whole sole and shoe with detergent then throw them in. 

still doesnt answer my question, do you think having protectant on them first will mess my ability up of always being able to throw them in the washer? i feel like with protectant the goal is to just wipe them clean when you get them dirty....

So we acting like the mc 2.0 ain't classics now :nerd:

classics???

Damn. Never imagined that would be said. That's great you love them enough to put them in that category though. Different strokes for different folks.

I wouldn't even cop on discount off sweatshop even if they allowed me to use two vouchers. They just ain't for me.

yea i always do that regardless. real quick brush over the whole sole and shoe with detergent then throw them in. 

still doesnt answer my question, do you think having protectant on them first will mess my ability up of always being able to throw them in the washer? i feel like with protectant the goal is to just wipe them clean when you get them dirty....
I wouldn't think a protectant would prevent your washer to not clean off dirt. Unless you be spilling e-sig oil and alcohol mixed with people stepping on your shoes at the bar, there's a point of no return that a washer can't even save them.

I've used the washer method and posted about it here but that was stains from normal every day wear and tear and watching out for dirt, etc.

I have seen the MC on 5 pairs (CNY 1.0 / MC 1.0 / MC 2.0 / UB Mids (not-released) / CNY 2.0 *3.0 knit (not-released)) and Nike's design is better.

If Adidas made the MC 1.0 throughout the whole shoe and not just the toe, that woulda been executed a lot better 

somebody do this. I'm ready for it. Black cage though, right? I think a white cage would look bizarre with Nike MC pattern.

I agree with your last statement. The toe guard MC was decent and would've been better throughout. However, I did not like how the MC was executed on the 2.0 and not to mention I dislike gradients so it was a double no for me. 

As far as the 3 MC, i was only counting the CNY, the white MC, and the MC 2.0 

somebody do this. I'm ready for it. Black cage though, right? I think a white cage would look bizarre with Nike MC pattern.
I believe if the knit is uniform throughout the whole shoe, cage wouldn't even be needed. Which is why I think uncaging 1.0 and 2.0 looked odd because the knit pattern looked it was designed for you not to see the pattern in the middle of the shoe that the cage 'hides'.

But if there was a cage, depending on the base color of the MC, black cage would look nice.

I agree with your last statement. The toe guard MC was decent and would've been better throughout. However, I did not like how the MC was executed on the 2.0 and not to mention I dislike gradients so it was a double no for me. 

As far as the 3 MC, i was only counting the CNY, the white MC, and the MC 2.0 
I just like the MC 2.0 for the red tones as red UBs are my fav CW for UBs.

Not really a fan of 2.0 knit but copped solar reds and MCs. That's pretty much my quota for that knit pattern.

Yeah I don't understand people's extreme aversion to the translucent cage. It's some weird hivemind thing going on 
laugh.gif
I'm down with the translucent cage for sure.  Worst comes to worst, I'll just paint it an opaque color if I think it can look better.

Yeah I don't understand people's extreme aversion to the translucent cage. It's some weird hivemind thing going on 
laugh.gif
I don't think you both are the only two that dig the translucent cage, I just think folks such as myself have voiced more of their dislike.

Nonetheless, another iteration with folks that are gonna be split and wish to the Boost Gods that 1.0 knit comes back.

I just hope that translucent cage ain't the only cage they coming out with next year. (leather cage on more pairs please).

laugh.gif
It just looks cheap to me, I think they were going for more of a stealth look and on most it looks like a combo of that and dull/cheap. They aren't all bad though. The navys are a good look

Last edited:
So we acting like the mc 2.0 ain't classics now
nerd.gif
I agree with you that the MC 2.0 was really well done and are classics in my eyes. They are one of (if not the best) and most unique gradients to be released and the multicolor weave is dope in person. No, they are not Nike's MC's but I would never compare the two brands like that on MC because the way that they each do them are completely different. The detail on the MC 2.0 up close is crazy good and look great on feet. I still stand by them 100%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom