Acura nsx 2012

sick ride
pimp.gif

They definitely got the styling inspiration from the Audi R8, but Audi is getting ready to drop a redesigned R8 so hopefully they don't look too identical.

Originally Posted by kidUFC

pimp.gif

This or a 2012 genesis?
I'm a predicament.. :l
What the @+%! kind of predicament is that? Its a NSX for goodness sake.

Im a Honda fun... im tired of waiting for this damn thing. ill believe it when the 1st street crashed nsx posted on my fav car blog site.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by ninjahood

for a V6 hybrid? pass....
not if its as quick as da zr1 doe
and how does it plan on doing that? da ZR1 ot 638 ponies from a supercharged V8
laugh.gif
You'd be surprised, the GT-R is a twin turbo V6 and they keep squeezing more and more power out of it. When it first released it had 480hp but the new one now has 540-550hp iirc. And I believe it is practically the same twin turbo V6.

For this kind of car for that kind of money, I still don't know why fuel efficiency is a problem?

If I have a $250k Ferrari or a $500k Lambo, I wouldn't worry about the few hundreds I spend on gas every month.

its ugly, and will be over priced wont be surprised if its the same price range of LFA.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have the 1995 joints..

...ok ok maybe I would take the 2015, but I'm still in love with the '95 NSX
embarassed.gif

Looking at the concept car itself, even if it comes out the way it is now (which it won't), I'd still take the LFA, R8, Vantage, 458 Italia, GranTurismo MC Stradale, etc... over it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Looking at the concept car itself, even if it comes out the way it is now (which it won't), I'd still take the LFA, R8, Vantage, 458 Italia, GranTurismo MC Stradale, etc... over it.
Most of those cars will be a lot more money (if what they speculate it will cost is true) than this new NSX.  Remember when the old NSX came out, it really did change the automotive industry from the price to the materials to the reliability to the driving experience/performance.  Will this new one do the same in terms of speed/handling/braking etc?  Probably not.  Cars are too advanced now for a new car to just blow everything away especially if they want to make it around 100-120 grand.  And while I completely agree with your point about not caring how much gas costs with these cars, I think it's more to show they are moving forward with hybrid technology/trying to be a "greener" company while still being able to run with the cars you mentioned.  I just hope they dont focus on raw performance numbers and focus on making it a great driving car thats super reliable and can be driven everyday like the old one.  It doesnt have to be as fast as _____ or brake as well as ______ as long as it's competitive, sounds and drives great while being cheaper and far more reliable than the italian exotics then I would label it a big success.

The main reason id like the new nsx to be a success performance wise is to show that you can in fact have a high performance hybrid. Yea we've had some with decent number but Acura needs to take it to the next level. Unfortunately I doubt they will.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Most of those cars will be a lot more money (if what they speculate it will cost is true) than this new NSX.  

Not all are more expensive, even if the new NSX is at $120k. A Vantage V8 can be had for $120k on a good day. Same with the R8. Sometimes these cars isn't flying off the lot depending on the season.
I still don't see the NSX being around 4100k though, it might not compete with LFAs $350k price tag but it's not farfetch to see it in the $200k range. How much were the old NSXs MSRP? Like $80k-$90k? No way it'll only jump $20k-$30k in price. 

Originally Posted by Heshua

Most of those cars will be a lot more money (if what they speculate it will cost is true) than this new NSX.  

Not all are more expensive, even if the new NSX is at $120k. A Vantage V8 can be had for $120k on a good day. Same with the R8. Sometimes these cars isn't flying off the lot depending on the season.
I still don't see the NSX being around 4100k though, it might not compete with LFAs $350k price tag but it's not farfetch to see it in the $200k range. How much were the old NSXs MSRP? Like $80k-$90k? No way it'll only jump $20k-$30k in price. 
I said most are more expensive, I know the R8 is closer in price, as well as a Porsche GT3 or Turbo, ZR1 and GTR.  And I dont see why just because the old one was 80-90 grand, the new one has to be significantly more when the cars I just mentioned are 120-140 grand.  I dont see how it would be any good for acura to make this thing more than 120 grand tops.  Once you go up that high, badge matters just as much as performance.

Lexus pretty much proved it can be done, keep in mind that Toyota hasn't had any production car that are driver oriented, Celica was their last sports car and that has been gone for a while and then they pretty much went a "go big or go home" route and I think it worked with the LF-A. It's overpriced but I think it sells well considering of how low the production is. The same with Nissan and the GTR, at first people were saying they wouldn't pay $100k for a Nissan but the GTR blew everyone away.

But hey, it's a discussion and we have no idea which way Acura will go so all hypothesis are acceptable at this point. But since the NSX was pretty expensive back then, then I think they have to stick to that route as well. Right now, a $120k super car seems cheap in comparison to the absurd prices others are charging out there. Do I want this to be affordable? Hell yeah, do I see that happening, hell no!
laugh.gif

But either way, my point was I'd rather pay more and get the other cars over the NSX even if it is a fraction of the price. But again, that is basing only on the concept car and how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom