Acts of Kindness Vol. Spread the love

Still remember when Ocarina of Time (the gold cartridge) released, and me being a dumb 8th grader brought $60 (it was 59.99) and after waiting in line and handing homie my reservation receipt, I was like $7 short. When he told me I felt like an idiot, and kinda mumbled "okay, crap". Dude opened his wallet and paid the remainder of the cost. I was shocked. Thanked him so much, and actually returned a few times to pay him back but never ran into him again. Didn't catch his name either.

I'll probably never forget that. I guess I should be more polite/caring if his action left a mark on me the way it did. $7 isn't a lot of money, but to give it to a complete stranger like that blew me away. If I was him probably would've told some kid "come back when you get the cash. Next!"

Last edited:
the x-mas before this one i spent it in a hotel room in a sketchy part of town alone, binging on heroin...

i had lost my families trust, i was ashamed and just couldn't bring myself to see them..i stole from my steppops after he had lost his job and took the last 80 bucks in his wallet..

something that would've lasted him a week or so lasted me an hour..
mean.gif

they kicked me out after that..

so now it's christmas, that incident had happened 3 months prior...after smoking about a gram or so i walk across the street to the pizza hut..

as im walking inside some homeless guy asks me for change and i just ignore him..

i get my pizza ask for plates and as i walk out i call homie over..

i gave him 4 slices or so of pizza and he was really thankful, he asked me what i was doing in that part of town and on x-mas, i told him i was an addict, and he was shocked..

he told me i didnt look like an addict, and that he was also struggling with his own vices..

i told him i had to go and i reached in my pocket and gave dude about 40 bucks...he was so thankful, and told me that on some days he's lucky to get 5 bucks..

anywho..now its summertime..and me and this chick id hustle with are trying to get money to score and the homeless dude i had given money to, comes by and he pulls out some of his money and gives us 3 bucks...im sure he knew what i was trying to do, but he didnt judge me..we had a car and we looked clean like we were legit...but we were just as bad as the dude begging on the corner with a sign who hasnt showered or eaten in days..

a couple months after that me and that girl are at pizza hut waiting for our connect, then the same dude comes up to her asking for change, and then i ask him, what is it for? 

then he tells me look man im not gonna lie, i just wanna get a brew, then i gave him like 50 cents and he was so damn happy and god bless me and this and that..
a couple minutes later some lady getting out of her car, drops her credit card and keeps walking, homie goes and picks it up and tries to give it to her and she starts telling him please i dont have any change i dont want to talk..and walking really fast, then he holds out the card and tells her that she dropped it..she said thanks and wanted to give him money and he refused..

this guy made me look like a true scumbag..so im chillin in the car and just in deep thought, and i looked in the backseat and sitting in the cupholder is an unopened 4 loko..
my friend who was in the car earlier in the day had left it, so i go out and hand it to the guy..

so forward a couple of months later..im walking my dog im sober, and that guy walks by and he stops and asks hey do i know you from somewhere and i told him yeah i think we've seen each other a couple of times, then he reaches in his pocket and offers me his bus pass for the day..i told him i lived nearby and he just kept walking..

sorry for the long and pointless story but this topic reminded me of that guy..
i wasnt better than him because i was clean had a job and a girl with a car..
this guy who had to hustle all day for what was chumpchange to me WAS better than i was...thats why when i see people asking for change i dont judge, i dont know their story or what they've been through..im pretty cold and heartless but when i see people in need i really try to help..
after i got well and my ish together,
i paid my parents back, one day my mom asked me if she could use 20 bucks for milk and some other little things because their EBT stuff hadnt been deposited,
i hooked them up with $100 gift card to the grocery store, i couldnt do that before..and even if i could've i wouldnt of..that was just the person i WAS..
on one of my birthdays, i had no money..i was dopesick and i took my moms camera and i looked at the pictures and the first one was of US gathered around my birthday cake earlier that day..then pictures of my lil brother at his football game, but that didnt matter one bit...i deleted them all and traded it for dope.
this christmas i gave my mom a camera and also a printer so that she could print them out and also got them a big monitor for their computer..
i've been through alot and i think the reason im ok now is because i still have SOME good left in my heart..
im glad to have my family and most importantly my LIFE..
i have been clean since last june..
the thing that made me change my life was this..
http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/archives/34521
this guy was my friend, he stole some drugs and a gun and then they got him into a car took him to the desert and shot him..
the articles with all the details have all been taken off since..they said that when they got to the desert he started to run,then he looked back and saw the heat pointed at him, so he went back and started to beg for his life..the dude took him to the side and blew his brains out..he had been missing since august and they found his body in december, but the cops didnt make it public until april or so.the day he went missing i was calling him and i got worried...
after a while the streets started talkin, i started hearing that he got killed and he owed money to the cartel but naw it wasnt them..it was some dudes who were supposedly his friends..
the guy who killed him also had a problem with me..after it had happened he was asking me where i lived, and this was before i knew that he had killed my friend..

i also want to mention that if anyone is struggling with an addiction to opiates like oxys,dilaudids,heroin or anything for that matter and needs someone to talk to for advice, my inbox is always open..

didnotread.gif

Still remember when Ocarina of Time (the gold cartridge) released, and me being a dumb 8th grader brought $60 (it was 59.99) and after waiting in line and handing homie my reservation receipt, I was like $7 short. When he told me I felt like an idiot, and kinda mumbled "okay, crap". Dude opened his wallet and paid the remainder of the cost. I was shocked. Thanked him so much, and actually returned a few times to pay him back but never ran into him again. Didn't catch his name either.

I'll probably never forget that. I guess I should be more polite/caring if his action left a mark on me the way it did. $7 isn't a lot of money, but to give it to a complete stranger like that blew me away. If I was him probably would've told some kid "come back when you get the cash. Next!"

Thats small change but I would beeen blown away also, like wtf? The act itself made that $7 feel like $700,000. Im sure.
Crazy how that works.

Not tryna tell you what to do, but you should keep that in mind and try to share that $7 love. I think the opportunity
will present itself.

aside from giving change to people asking for it.....i have never really found myself in a situation like the ones described in the thread.......

the only act of kindness that i stay on is tipping and holding doors open.(men/women/child/dog/rabbit...etc).........and i have found that people are always trying to open doors for me lol.....was walking into chipotle for lunch one time and dude runs out of nowhere  to open both doors....i had nothing in hand.....and then he just diddy bops on his way to his buisness.....im like...what in the ...w.....i think people overlook it alot. .....

thats all...

Left an interview today and saw an old man wit a bum leg and a dead arm walking with his cane, battling this cold *** northeast weather. Dude seriously looked like he was in pain and was moving at a snails pace. In high school, I prolly woulda took a pic or vid and posted for immense lulz. That's how bad it looked. But I pulled up next to him and asked if he need a ride. He said yeah, and hes not going too far. So he hops in, took him a good 5 mins to pull his leg in the car. He said he was tryna treat himself to lunch since he got a gift card for Christmas. So I drive him about 5 blocks to this restaurant the got the card for. He was very grateful for the warm ride. I'm just grateful i was in a position to help someone else.

Last edited:
ive been in those pay it forward starbucks drive through lines

ill pull up to the window and ill be notified that my drink was taken care of, so i just pay for the person behind me, hoping it continues.

i hate those beggars that want MORE. this one time i helped some guy out with gas, i think i gave him about $10 worth of gas and he stonefaced me and asked for more. when i said no, he said stuff under his breath as i walked away. :smh:
I know someone who stopped the paying for the person behind you...

Left an interview today and saw an old man wit a bum leg and a dead arm walking with his cane, battling this cold *** northeast weather. Dude seriously looked like he was in pain and was moving at a snails pace. In high school, I prolly woulda took a pic or vid and posted for immense lulz. That's how bad it looked. But I pulled up next to him and asked if he need a ride. He said yeah, and hes not going too far. So he hops in, took him a good 5 mins to pull his leg in the car. He said he was tryna treat himself to lunch since he got a gift card for Christmas. So I drive him about 5 blocks to this restaurant the got the card for. He was very grateful for the warm ride. I'm just grateful i was in a position to help someone else.
Some dude just did that to me once .. He just started to open my door and asked if he could get a ride to school down the street...

Monday while I was at chick fil la told me brother I wanted to pay for the next person meal.

A couple weeks ago an old lady that looked homeless asked for some money to eat. I did her one better and bought her lunch, but also sat and ate with her at the restaurant. The waitresses thought we weren't together at all and looked confused. It was good to hear her story and talk to her about her life and how she fell on hard times. She gave me a big hug when I left.

I think sometimes people think just giving money is good, which it is, but sometimes you need to show full care and compassion for others too. Hear them out and truly love thy neighbor. I'm still working on that. Hopefully this was a step in the right direction.

A couple weeks ago an old lady that looked homeless asked for some money to eat. I did her one better and bought her lunch, but also sat and ate with her at the restaurant. The waitresses thought we weren't together at all and looked confused. It was good to hear her story and talk to her about her life and how she fell on hard times. She gave me a big hug when I left.

I think sometimes people think just giving money is good, which it is, but sometimes you need to show full care and compassion for others too. Hear them out and truly love thy neighbor. I'm still working on that. Hopefully this was a step in the right direction.

props

Back
Top Bottom