Absolute BS! this is a South Carolina's school's Science quiz!

lobotomybeats

Supporter
Rewarding kids for not acknowledging REAL science!

Look at some of these CORRECT answers! absolute bollocks! I'd be pissed if my kid answered like this and didn't fail.

View media item 383973
Dad Mad at School for Teaching Young Earth Creationism as 'Science'
You may have seen this floating around online: A "4th grade Science Quiz" attributed to a "private religious school in South Carolina" that rewards students for answering "false" to statements such as "the earth is billions of years old" and "dinosaurs lived millions of years ago."

Well, Snopes did some, well, snooping, and learned that the quiz borrows its title from a kids DVD produced by the Young Earth creationist Christian apologetics ministry Answers in Genesis, and that there is a second, even more alarming page to this so-called "science quiz."

A letter sent in to Snopes by a person claiming to be the concerned father of the 10-year-old test-taker contained page 2 of the quiz, which, for example, considers the correct response to "the next time someone says the earth is billions (or millions) of years old, what can you say?" to be "were you there?"

The unidentified dad tells Snopes that he was unaware his daughter was being taught fake science until she suddenly blurted out "were you there?" in response to a radio ad for an educational exhibit that started out by saying dinosaurs roamed the earth 65 million years ago.

The anonymous father insists the school, which is located "north of Greer" is great for "reading, writing, and math," but not so much for science, as it turns out.

Not wanting to cause any trouble for his kid, he says he plans "to be vigilant...about her science teachings" for the rest of the year, and then expose the school's name in June.

"She will not be attending the school next year," he concludes.

Last edited:
So God created Dinosaurs on the 6th day?

You learn something new everyday.

I just have to say that as a religious person, I don't believe science and religion have to be separated. I've been able to come to terms with just about everything that I read scientific. However, I do believe that these kinds of tests and "education" are ridiculous. I love science and it's beauty and really find a lot of religiosity within it as I study it. What this teacher is doing is just dumb.

Frankly, I'm fine with saying, "I don't know" because who am I to say I have every answer to every religious or scientific answer out there? I guess I don't put my faith on things like this, but rather the core doctrines of the religion I belong to.

Obviously...to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to say that as a religious person, I don't believe science and religion have to be separated. I've been able to come to terms with just about everything that I read scientific. However, I do believe that these kinds of tests and "education" are ridiculous. I love science and it's beauty and really find a lot of religiosity within it as I study it. What this teacher is doing is just dumb.

Frankly, I'm fine with saying, "I don't know" because who am I to say I have every answer to every religious or scientific answer out there? I guess I don't put my faith on things like this, but rather the core doctrines of the religion I belong to.

this. well said

The daily anti-religion thread right on queue.

seems less anti religion, more pro education. it literally says "were you there?" as an answer for someone trying to fact check you :lol:

I pray to science it's fake though. please don't let this be real.

Last edited:
seems less anti religion, more pro education. it literally says "were you there?" as an answer for someone trying to fact check you
laugh.gif

Considering OPs views on religion, I'm going to go with my gut feeling.

I was talking about the article, I didn't even notice lobo posted it. you are correct to go with your gut on this one :lol:

this guy... this guy I like.

Last edited:
I saw this this morning....Kids at that age are so influential that it will be hard to correct this poor teaching going on here. I can only imagine what else they are learning in that school :smh:

Stopped reading at private school.

But OP, sometimes large, centrally structured insitutions deliberately mislead people to further an agenda. Crazy theory, I know.

Maybe that explains why people are skeptical of the government's story from time to time.

Lololololol :stoneface: im sure even an atheist understands catholic schools have some of thee best ******g education in the country. Starting from grade school. Where i went to a barely getting by grade got you kicked out

This is either a horrible school or something fake you'd find on snopes

Lololololol :stoneface: im sure even an atheist understands catholic schools have some of thee best ******g education in the country. Starting from grade school. Where i went to a barely getting by grade got you kicked out

This is either a horrible school or something fake you'd find on snopes

you always seem so hostile when you post :lol:

I read everything you post in Cotton Hill's voice.

The daily anti-religion thread right on queue.

seems less anti religion, more pro education. it literally says "were you there?" as an answer for someone trying to fact check you :lol:

Is "pray to science" a real saying or is that just something you say? Never heard that before.

Back
Top Bottom