About to throw 2 Phones on Ebay, and need tips on how to do it right. vol.I took an L last time.

I know there are some pro Ebay sellers out there, I`m about to put a Samsung Galaxy S 4g on there and an Unlocked Blackberry Bold 9700 on there.

Last time I sold a G2 and an iPhone 3gs and thought it was sweet till I get to UPS to ship and it costed 60 bucks, and I only listed shipping in the auction as 10 bucks
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and the Ebay Fees molested me too.

Pretty much how should I set this up to get the best out of my situation?

I know there are some pro Ebay sellers out there, I`m about to put a Samsung Galaxy S 4g on there and an Unlocked Blackberry Bold 9700 on there.

Last time I sold a G2 and an iPhone 3gs and thought it was sweet till I get to UPS to ship and it costed 60 bucks, and I only listed shipping in the auction as 10 bucks
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and the Ebay Fees molested me too.

Pretty much how should I set this up to get the best out of my situation?

How did UPS charge you 60 bucks to ship a phone? Put in your auction for people to email you for buyit now prices, then when they email you make them offers to complete the transaction outside of eBay then you can just end the auction

How did UPS charge you 60 bucks to ship a phone? Put in your auction for people to email you for buyit now prices, then when they email you make them offers to complete the transaction outside of eBay then you can just end the auction

60 bucks? Where were you shipping to/from? Just put a reserve price on it, never fails for me

60 bucks? Where were you shipping to/from? Just put a reserve price on it, never fails for me

Originally Posted by Punchline Rapper

It costed about 25 a pop to ship
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Punchline Rapper

It costed about 25 a pop to ship
sick.gif

A lot of people nowadays will list expensive items at buy it now for a tiny amount, say $1.00. Then set the shipping to the amount you want to get for the item in total, say $300.00. This way, you won't bear the fee since the sale is only $1.00. A loophole that ebay will surely attend to in the near future.

So for example, you want to get $350.00 total for a pair of 2010 Jordan Cool Grey XI's. You list them @ $1.00 buy it now, but then set the shipping at $349.00, so ultimately you'll get your 350 but only be responsible for the % of the $1.00.

Correct me if I'm wrong NT'ers...

A lot of people nowadays will list expensive items at buy it now for a tiny amount, say $1.00. Then set the shipping to the amount you want to get for the item in total, say $300.00. This way, you won't bear the fee since the sale is only $1.00. A loophole that ebay will surely attend to in the near future.

So for example, you want to get $350.00 total for a pair of 2010 Jordan Cool Grey XI's. You list them @ $1.00 buy it now, but then set the shipping at $349.00, so ultimately you'll get your 350 but only be responsible for the % of the $1.00.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Cool cool, I heard about doing that, now riddle me this, BINs dont they lower the chance of hitting a lick? Cause I know my iPhone went from 280 to 330 in the span of 3 min of the action closing.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Cool cool, I heard about doing that, now riddle me this, BINs dont they lower the chance of hitting a lick? Cause I know my iPhone went from 280 to 330 in the span of 3 min of the action closing.

I got you.

List the items as auctions starting at .99, CLEARLY state their condition and provide at least 5 pics for each phone. Charge $15 per phone for shipping and ship through USPS, insure and ask for signature confirmation ship thru priority mail.

I got you.

List the items as auctions starting at .99, CLEARLY state their condition and provide at least 5 pics for each phone. Charge $15 per phone for shipping and ship through USPS, insure and ask for signature confirmation ship thru priority mail.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I got you.

now why would I start a regular auction at 99 cents? Wouldnt ppl try to Low Ball the hell out of me?

I got you.

now why would I start a regular auction at 99 cents? Wouldnt ppl try to Low Ball the hell out of me?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I got you.

Not really it will go up to its market value during its duration. Even if someone does low ball bid it wont matter because not all people are low ballers and someone will be willing to pay market value.

I got you.

Not really it will go up to its market value during its duration. Even if someone does low ball bid it wont matter because not all people are low ballers and someone will be willing to pay market value.

I got you.

most sellers (here and on ebay) don't have an understanding of market value, and thus you see their items sitting for weeks and weeks at a time

Back
Top Bottom