About to throw 2 Phones on Ebay, and need tips on how to do it right. vol.I took an L last time.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I got you.

List the items as auctions starting at .99, CLEARLY state their condition and provide at least 5 pics for each phone. Charge $15 per phone for shipping and ship through USPS, insure and ask for signature confirmation ship thru priority mail.

now why would I start a regular auction at 99 cents? Wouldnt ppl try to Low Ball the hell out of me?
Not really it will go up to its market value during its duration. Even if someone does low ball bid it wont matter because not all people are low ballers and someone will be willing to pay market value.

most sellers (here and on ebay) don't have an understanding of market value, and thus you see their items sitting for weeks and weeks at a time

I got you.

List the items as auctions starting at .99, CLEARLY state their condition and provide at least 5 pics for each phone. Charge $15 per phone for shipping and ship through USPS, insure and ask for signature confirmation ship thru priority mail.

now why would I start a regular auction at 99 cents? Wouldnt ppl try to Low Ball the hell out of me?
Not really it will go up to its market value during its duration. Even if someone does low ball bid it wont matter because not all people are low ballers and someone will be willing to pay market value.
Now if the auction ends at a price I`m not Satisfied with can I end it and relist with no penalty or would I have to set a Reserve? And also does it matter if I start it at 99 cents? Wont I still get raped with Ebay Fees if it ends in the hundreds? or do Ebay fees go off of what you started the item on?

I got you.

Now if the auction ends at a price I`m not Satisfied with can I end it and relist with no penalty or would I have to set a Reserve? And also does it matter if I start it at 99 cents? Wont I still get raped with Ebay Fees if it ends in the hundreds? or do Ebay fees go off of what you started the item on?

^Fees are based on the final value. Also like someone else said ship with a flat rate box. The smallest one should be no more then $6, buy some bubble wrap or throw some paper in with it since the box will be bigger then the phone box. If you don't want a phone ending at an amount your not willing to sell it, set a reserve price.

^Fees are based on the final value. Also like someone else said ship with a flat rate box. The smallest one should be no more then $6, buy some bubble wrap or throw some paper in with it since the box will be bigger then the phone box. If you don't want a phone ending at an amount your not willing to sell it, set a reserve price.

If you're willing to take the negative feedback, which would be a bad hit bcause that's one of the main things people look at when buying on ebay.

If you're willing to take the negative feedback, which would be a bad hit bcause that's one of the main things people look at when buying on ebay.

just look at the phones your selling with people who have the sort of same feedback as you and price it there

do buy it now free shipping instant sale

ship usps the cheapest

i notice a lot of phones are getting sold for the same price with less...

for example i sold my hd2 for 260 shipped with the 16gig card...i seen someone sell the same phone with a 2gig card for the same price

just look at the phones your selling with people who have the sort of same feedback as you and price it there

do buy it now free shipping instant sale

ship usps the cheapest

i notice a lot of phones are getting sold for the same price with less...

for example i sold my hd2 for 260 shipped with the 16gig card...i seen someone sell the same phone with a 2gig card for the same price

Never ship UPS, they are too expensive.
Ship USPS, confirmation insurance and tracking is probably 3$ all together. and get those priority shipping boxes, that are like 4$ and as long as it fits, the weight doesn't matter

Never ship UPS, they are too expensive.
Ship USPS, confirmation insurance and tracking is probably 3$ all together. and get those priority shipping boxes, that are like 4$ and as long as it fits, the weight doesn't matter

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

A lot of people nowadays will list expensive items at buy it now for a tiny amount, say $1.00. Then set the shipping to the amount you want to get for the item in total, say $300.00. This way, you won't bear the fee since the sale is only $1.00. A loophole that ebay will surely attend to in the near future.

So for example, you want to get $350.00 total for a pair of 2010 Jordan Cool Grey XI's. You list them @ $1.00 buy it now, but then set the shipping at $349.00, so ultimately you'll get your 350 but only be responsible for the % of the $1.00.

Correct me if I'm wrong NT'ers...
ebay stopped that, people put the shipping as the price so they dont have to pay FVF. ebays not stupid.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

A lot of people nowadays will list expensive items at buy it now for a tiny amount, say $1.00. Then set the shipping to the amount you want to get for the item in total, say $300.00. This way, you won't bear the fee since the sale is only $1.00. A loophole that ebay will surely attend to in the near future.

So for example, you want to get $350.00 total for a pair of 2010 Jordan Cool Grey XI's. You list them @ $1.00 buy it now, but then set the shipping at $349.00, so ultimately you'll get your 350 but only be responsible for the % of the $1.00.

Correct me if I'm wrong NT'ers...
ebay stopped that, people put the shipping as the price so they dont have to pay FVF. ebays not stupid.

I got you.

it works both ways. i always do it this way also. think about it, 400 people will watch an iphone at .99 , but would 400 watch an iphone at 150?
when i list things like phones i always start auction for .99 , but also put a slightly high bin, for example 350 

always put shipping at 5.99 , and use the smallest flatrate priority shipping box (its 4.95 anywhere in the united states)

also, include ANY and ALL extras you have for the phone. they do help sell it.

last time i got lucky and sold a 16gb 3GS with extras for 365 shipped (buyer paid bin within 10 hours of me listing it)

which is why i say always put a bin, some buyers really need a phone quick, and theyre willing to pay higher prices to get it fast

I got you.

it works both ways. i always do it this way also. think about it, 400 people will watch an iphone at .99 , but would 400 watch an iphone at 150?
when i list things like phones i always start auction for .99 , but also put a slightly high bin, for example 350 

always put shipping at 5.99 , and use the smallest flatrate priority shipping box (its 4.95 anywhere in the united states)

also, include ANY and ALL extras you have for the phone. they do help sell it.

last time i got lucky and sold a 16gb 3GS with extras for 365 shipped (buyer paid bin within 10 hours of me listing it)

which is why i say always put a bin, some buyers really need a phone quick, and theyre willing to pay higher prices to get it fast

also forgot to add, best time to start the auction is fri/sat/sun around 5-6pm pst with a 7-day listing , when most people are at home, and not at work, and they will be able to bid on the auction as its closing. putting the auction to end at 2am is stupid, will people really bother getting up at that time just to bid on your item?

also forgot to add, best time to start the auction is fri/sat/sun around 5-6pm pst with a 7-day listing , when most people are at home, and not at work, and they will be able to bid on the auction as its closing. putting the auction to end at 2am is stupid, will people really bother getting up at that time just to bid on your item?

watch out for Paypal now too cause they do a tranfer charge from the buyer to your paypal account then are able to HOLD that money for 21 days... pissed me off.

watch out for Paypal now too cause they do a tranfer charge from the buyer to your paypal account then are able to HOLD that money for 21 days... pissed me off.

Originally Posted by xdunksbx

if that happens ship with signature confirmation and send the tracking via paypal...as soon as they sign you get the $ or if you dont you get it which ever comes first + feedback or 21 days 

if that happens ship with signature confirmation and send the tracking via paypal...as soon as they sign you get the $ or if you dont you get it which ever comes first + feedback or 21 days 

this
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I sold an iphone3gs and they hold my money for weeks. i was pissed. any loophole for paypal to get around this. its my money and i need now.(JG wentworth voice)

this
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I sold an iphone3gs and they hold my money for weeks. i was pissed. any loophole for paypal to get around this. its my money and i need now.(JG wentworth voice)

Back
Top Bottom