About to cop Da Hemi......

I really want a 2011+ Dodge Challenger V6. I'd love the HEMI, but I'll be starting my job that's roughly 45 minutes from my home and I'm saving to buy a house and plan for a wedding, so the savings at the pump and in insurance will add up. I don't need the SRT, although I'd love it. My price range is below 25K, and I'm having a hard time finding a 2011-2013 Challenger with low miles for that price. Has anyone priced out what their insurance is with the v6 vs the hemi models? Also, what mpg are you averaging in the hemi?

I'm also looking at the new body Chrylser 300 Limited V6 for that same price. It's probably the most loaded car for the money.

I really want a 2011+ Dodge Challenger V6. I'd love the HEMI, but I'll be starting my job that's roughly 45 minutes from my home and I'm saving to buy a house and plan for a wedding, so the savings at the pump and in insurance will add up. I don't need the SRT, although I'd love it. My price range is below 25K, and I'm having a hard time finding a 2011-2013 Challenger with low miles for that price. Has anyone priced out what their insurance is with the v6 vs the hemi models? Also, what mpg are you averaging in the hemi?

I'm also looking at the new body Chrylser 300 Limited V6 for that same price. It's probably the most loaded car for the money.

just get a used 2009 SRT.

a big engine running wit a low RPM is better with gas then a smaller engine running a larger RPM.

and you're knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone because SRT have most options checked off as standard.

Ninja - My main concern when buying the Dodge is that the interior looks completely different/better in just about every way in the 2011 refresh. That's why I wanted to stay away from the 09-10 models. Also, didn't they change the engine after the 09 year in the SRT as well?

Yep copp a used SRT8.

Never buy NEW american unless... period!!!
^^fixed
Reported
this man speaks the truth. Just look up the number of complaints about the Challenger ****** being outdated/faulty. But hey, you cop what you want. I love the way the Challenger looks but Dodge cars are 
sick.gif
 outside the Challenger & Viper.

Ninja - My main concern when buying the Dodge is that the interior looks completely different/better in just about every way in the 2011 refresh. That's why I wanted to stay away from the 09-10 models. Also, didn't they change the engine after the 09 year in the SRT as well?

6.1 vs 6.4

but thats irrelevant if you was considering getting a v6.

and da 2009 interior isn't THAT bad, sure da 2011 refresh is dope but im favoring a better engine over a updated interior.

and plus they got da same seats.

Only big difference between the'09 '10 was the warranty and CD player.

Last edited:
just get a used 2009 SRT.

a big engine running wit a low RPM is better with gas then a smaller engine running a larger RPM.

It evens itself out since the engine still has to move all that weight.

da block is all aluminum, when you comparing da same car, 1 with a v6 and one with a v8 option, a lower RPM running

bigger engine gets better gas mileage then a smaller harder working engine.

Yep copp a used SRT8.

^^fixed

Reported
this man speaks the truth. Just look up the number of complaints about the Challenger ****** being outdated/faulty. But hey, you cop what you want. I love the way the Challenger looks but Dodge cars are 
sick.gif

you sound like a ***** that dunno WTF you talkin bout cuz of bias b.

that "old 5 speed" is a mercedes benz 5g tronic heavy duty thats is ALL da heavy powered

that same 5 speed transmisson is in da s65 AMG because its da only transmission that can handle da power

da engine delivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_5G-Tronic_transmission

do your homework before you out here slandering american cars that are bulletproof thus far when it comes to da modern muscle car era.

The v8 is still a bigger engine.

thus, more weight to pull. I think the mpg #'s are in the same ball park.

Plus, a _ ain't gettin an r/t or srt to cruise under 3k rpm every day.

If you're worried about gas mileage, why even get a v8 in the first place.

Those are cars to smash on, not be econoboxes.

The v8 is still a bigger engine.

thus, more weight to pull. I think the mpg #'s are in the same ball park.

Plus, a _ ain't gettin an r/t or srt to cruise under 3k rpm every day.

If you're worried about gas mileage, why even get a v8 in the first place.

Those are cars to smash on, not be econoboxes.

umm no sir, a weaker engine is going to average WORSE MPG pulling da same weight from a more powerful engine

pulling da same weight, especially when its working harder at a higher RPM vs v8 not even breaking 1800 RPM crusing

and da 3.5 V6 is a CAST IRON block VS a all aluminum hemi block.

IDK about Mopar engines but as far as GM goes there isnt really much difference between their more modern 6s and 8s in terms of weight.

LT V6 - 380 lbs
LS3 V8 - 415 lbs
LS4 V8 - 419 lbs
LS7 V8 - 454 lbs (not sure why this is 40 lbs heavier than the LS3...)
LSA V8 - 467 lbs

IDK about Mopar engines but as far as GM goes there isnt really much difference between their more modern 6s and 8s in terms of weight.

LT V6 - 380 lbs
LS3 V8 - 415 lbs
LS4 V8 - 419 lbs
LS7 V8 - 454 lbs (not sure why this is 40 lbs heavier than the LS3...)
LSA V8 - 467 lbs

da weight of da engine

With the cylinder shutoff system I would think the V8 mopars are capable of pretty decent mileage. THE biggest and most obvious killer of gas in a large displacement engine it the displacement itself lol. If someone only putzed around town most of the time and only ran on 4 cylinders... wouldn't the 8 on 4 potentially get better mileage than the 6 on 6 ?

Just wondering. The SRT mpg says 13-19. The new pentastar v6 says 19-27,even the new charger sxt says 31mpg. I'm not concerned about going to the track. Is there real world mpg results saying the SRT is getting the same mpg as the newer v6?

Yep copp a used SRT8.

^^fixed

Reported
sick.gif

that "old 5 speed" is a mercedes benz 5g tronic heavy duty thats is ALL da heavy powered

that same 5 speed transmisson is in da s65 AMG because its da only transmission that can handle da power

da engine delivers.

do your homework before you out here slandering american cars that are bulletproof thus far when it comes to da modern muscle car era.
Bruh I work in the car industry. Definitely, not the SAME ******, but its the same in terms of operation. If thats the case, why don't you hear about Benz AMG ******'s going out? Chally's been out since 2008 bruh and is already known for faulty ******s... not a goodlook. 

I do have bias though working for Benz. I'm just saying for the $$ you spend on a challenger, you could get a nicer car. it's all about preference and utilization though. The fact that Dodge might be replacing this car with another model should tell you enough...

Last edited:
Yep copp a used SRT8.

^^fixed

Reported
sick.gif

outside the Challenger

da engine delivers.

Bruh I work in the car industry. Definitely, not the SAME ******, but its the same in terms of operation. If thats the case, why don't you hear about Benz AMG ******'s going out? Chally's been out since 2008 bruh and is already known for faulty ******s... not a goodlook. 

I do have bias though working for Benz. I'm just saying for the $$ you spend on a challenger, you could get a nicer car. it's all about preference and utilization though. The fact that Dodge might be replacing this car with another model should tell you enough...

Its da SAME exact transmission. You working for benz you should've known that.

And not for nothing, had it not been for da chrysler merger, benz would've went bankrupt.

1. You tell me what comparable car in benz's lineup you getting 420+ horses for da money da challenger goes for?

2. Da challenger isnt being replaced anytime soon, da only reason people thought da cuda was gonna replace it os cuz you cant

Export da huge american taste muscle car international because of different tastes. Da cuda is going to be more export friendly.

Challenger 5 speed dont have transmisson problems :lol: WTH are you talking about

you must be talking about the manual and even then i havent heard complaints unless they dont know how to drive stick

With the cylinder shutoff system I would think the V8 mopars are capable of pretty decent mileage. THE biggest and most obvious killer of gas in a large displacement engine it the displacement itself lol. If someone only putzed around town most of the time and only ran on 4 cylinders... wouldn't the 8 on 4 potentially get better mileage than the 6 on 6 ?

the MDS works great and can save gas.

when i first got mine i was driving like a little girl and was getting 22mpg in the city :lol:

now i have a lead foot and im getting 13.6 :lol:

I have American Racing Torque Thrusts wheels.

Looking to drop soon.

Fire :smokin

If I get these wheels I do wanna drop it a little. How much does this run and what all do I need? Also will it avoid my warranty?

My last two cars are Dodges I literally never had any problems at all and my Charger was used, worst case scenario 100000 mile/5 year warranty. Truthfully I don't plan on keeping this car or any car I buy 5 years.

Post 2008 I don't think any manufacturer is slacking on reliability

No disrespect but I can't take anybody seriously bashing Dodge's reliability when because they work for "Benz"

There is a reason the Challenger RT depreciates the least of any car sold in America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom