Abby & Brittany...will any of you be watching?

lobotomybeats

Supporter
Link
Will any of you be watching this 8 part TLC docu-series about two girls who share a torso and each control one side of the body? I find this stuff interesting.

The Hensel twins have a single body with separate heads and necks, a chest that is wider than normal, two arms and two legs. At birth, they had a rudimentary arm attached to a shoulder blade at the back. The arm was removed, leaving the shoulder blade.
Abigail's head tilts laterally outward about 5 degrees to the right, while Brittany's tilts laterally at about 15 degrees to the left, causing her to appear shorter. At age 12, they underwent surgery at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare to correct scoliosis and to expand their chest cavity to prevent future difficulties with breathing.[2]
Each of the twins manages one side of their conjoined body. The sense of touch of each is restricted to her body half; this shades off at the midsagittal plane such that there is a small amount of overlap at the midline. They are effective in cooperatively using their limbs when both hands or both legs are required. By coordinating their efforts, they are able to walk, run, swim, and ride a bicycle normally—all tasks that they learned at a normal speed. Together, they can type on a computer keyboard at a normal speed and drive a car.
Organ distribution
Abigail and Brittany have individual organs in the upper part of their body, while most of them located at or below the level of the navel are shared, the exception being the spinal cord.[3]
2 heads
2 spines merging at the coccyx and joined at the thorax by sections of ribs. Surgery was employed to correct scoliosis.
2 completely separate spinal cords
2 arms (originally 3, but rudimentary central arm was surgically removed, leaving central shoulder blade in place)
1 broad ribcage with 2 highly fused sternums and traces of bridging ribs. Surgery was employed to expand the pleural cavities.
2 breasts
2 hearts in a shared circulatory system (nutrition, respiration, medicine taken by either affects both)
4 lungs with the medial lungs moderately fused, not involving Brittany's upper right lobe; three pleural cavities
1 diaphragm with well-coordinated involuntary breathing, slight central defect
2 stomachs
2 gallbladders
1 liver, enlarged and elongated right lobe
Y-shaped small intestine, which experiences a slightly spastic double peristalsis at the juncture
1 large intestine with one colon
3 kidneys: 2 left, 1 right
1 bladder
1 set of reproductive organs
2 separate half-sacrums, which converge distally
1 slightly broad pelvis
2 legs

It premiers tonight with a double header with two back to back.

Link
Will any of you be watching this 8 part TLC docu-series about two girls who share a torso and each control one side of the body? I find this stuff interesting.

am i the only one who caught this

i don't want to be mean or insensitive..

but i really don't know if i have the stomach for it.. just thinking about it makes my skin crawl

i don't want to be mean or insensitive..

but i really don't know if i have the stomach for it.. just thinking about it makes my skin crawl

at first, i didn't want to watch cuz i felt sorry for them, but from all the promos they're having a blast being who they are. i'm definitely gonna watch.

the one show that ultimately depressed me was Small Town Security on AMC. I laughed so hard cuz these were some crazy people, but then I discovered the Chief suffers from she has "Parkinson's disease and dances as a form of physical therapy. " After that, it put the show in a different light.

Link

1 set of reproductive organs

Ok so strictly scientifically speaking. If they were to engage in intercourse with just one set of reproductive organs would they both feel the same sensation? They both get pregnant? Would they have one husband or 2?

Last edited:
Seeing that you were the first to respond. Yes.

first to respond, doesn't mean first to see it. fall back bro

I didn't say you were the first to see it. You responded two minutes after the thread was made and asked if anybody else caught what you bolded. In that time span, probably 5 people have viewed this thread. Not a fair amount of people have had a chance to view this thread for you to justify asking that question. How could anybody have caught it if they haven't had a chance to read the thread? That's like being the first person in the house of a new season of The Real World and asking if anybody caught the aquarium in the bathroom. Nobody has had a chance to!

Fall back, son.

Chill. I'm messing with you.

Ok so strictly scientifically speaking. If they were to engage in intercourse with just one set of reproductive organs would they both feel the same sensation? They both get pregnant? Would they have one husband or 2?
These are the kind of questions I ponder. Would one sister be screwing the other sister's boyfriend behind her back?

Regardless, I am excited for some of these things to crop up in this series. I want to know how that stuff works. Tonight I am just going to pop some popcorn, throw on some comfy boxers and my softest W-Neck t-shirt and just watch it all unfold.

^^ RaWEx5 is right you know... you kinda jumped the gun a bit :lol:

But back to the thread.. Im on the fence whether or not I should watch. While very interesting, Im a "thinker" and this could keep me up at night.

Scientifically speaking, I dnt think Id be around for that threesome

How did they get their Driver's License?  Did they both have to take the test?

Do they have two different ID's?  

Or does it say "Abby & Brittany Jenkins"

driving...

with their roommates...

27.5% of the ladies in this picture could get it.

What if one dies?? Does the other one have to carry the others corpse around? Or what?

which head to do you caress on the honeymoon?

Does Mitt Romney approve that kitty?

If they decide to have different husbands, do they have to take turns?

if one became a lesbian, does that decide the "being born gay" argument?

Last edited:
I didn't say you were the first to see it. You responded two minutes after the thread was made and asked if anybody else caught what you bolded. In that time span, probably 5 people have viewed this thread. Not a fair amount of people have had a chance to view this thread for you to justify asking that question. How could anybody have caught it if they haven't had a chance to read the thread? That's like being the first person in the house of a new season of The Real World and asking if anybody caught the aquarium in the bathroom. Nobody has had a chance to!
Fall back, son.
Chill. I'm messing with you.

Like i said i wasn't the first to see, i came in and already 15 people viewed. so unless you think everybody posts in a thread after they read it, i wasn't the first to read it:stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom