A Thread About Fatherhood

Yo 4-d ultrasound was creepy as **** the first time around :lol:

We had to pay for it with my first living in the bay. We had my second was in Seattle and it was for free :stoneface: :lol:

I'm not gonna lie as the man the whole pregnancy period is pretty cool. The anticipation until the big day is unreal. The last week before my wife gave to both our kids was hell though. Constant trips to the hospital thinking its time. It was awesome though the moment it happens.

Just a heads up that no one really explained to me about child birth. It will get REAL in that delivery room. The **** you will see is not for the faint of heart :x

Congrats OP

One of the best feelings is walking in the door and hearing "daddy" from excited baby girl(s). Kids will change your life. I would say mostly for the better because you get a much better appreciation for women.

Get as much sleep as you can when she is sleep. Start reading to her early. And I talked to my babies straight up since birth, never the goo goo gah gah.

Every man wants a boy, but these girls take your heart. God bless y'all.

Congrats bro. Have a 6month old boy and he is the best right now! Growing like the weeds. 30 inches long already!!

Congrats OP i am also expecting my first child with the due date of 10/20/2013 very excited and there were very useful info posted by other NTers

Great thread, beautiful nursery.

My daughter Layla Rose, just turned 1year old this month and time flies by.
My suggestions:
1)buy an external hard drive (1 or 2 terabytes) for storing Charlees photos and videos
2)get a membership at BJ's, Sams Club or Costco to buy your baby wipes and diapers
3)Get a toys r us/babies r us credit card as you'll probably be buying ALOT of things from them. They have a great rewards program and send you a lot of coupons and special offers for card members

Congratulations sir.

Heres a pic of my little one.

View media item 382359

Last edited:
Yooo!

What's up NT brethren!

My wife is due 5/19 and man is it getting close! We're going to have a daughter and my shotgun's already on order. LOL

I wish I found this thread sooner.

That nursery looks great OP, definitely an A+! I'm about to steal a couple of ideas from you if you don't mind.

Here's a serious question though, what type of account should I open for her? something that will let us save money -for college and other things- but has a good interest rate.

Congratulations fam.

Thread is bittersweet. I just lost my babyboy a week and a half ago.

Be the best dad that kid could ever have man. That room looks great
frown.gif
 yo man my girl from awhile back had a miscarige and she couldnt live with it. I lost both of them 4 years ago. But on another note do any of yall plan out how many kids you want to have ?

my grandparents on my mom side had 10 all from marriage and on my dad side they had 7. i want like 5 

Congrats OP. I'm waiting till' my early 40's to start my family. Cannot bring a child in this world with little to nothing to give it!!!

My daughter is 1...I enjoy everyday of fatherhood...learned a lot about myself...

But yea get a sams card...buying in bulk is :pimp:

Having a child is great/expensive/stressful/etc...lol.

My daughter will be 4 this year (had her when I was 21) and I couldn't imagine life without her.

Honestly, I didn't want my girl friend at the time to go through with the birth, but it's been rewarding and given me too many happy memories to even think about how I'd be if she had gone through with the A word (I posted a picture on here when my daughter was born lol).

Love that little brat with all my heart lol.

I sometimes get salty whenever these threads pop up. I can't wait to participate one day. Dope thread. Dope pics. For some reason it reminds me of a Create A Player mode, lol

Congrats to you brova.. I am not big on giving advice but I will say this, take moments to reflect...they grow so quick! My seed is 8 now and she acts like a teen.  I swear it was a few weeks ago that i was helping her to walk.   Btw ya baby room is dope!!

nthat.gif

Congrats man, it won't really hit you until you see the little one up close. The birth of my son 3 yeas ago was the most emotional event of my life.

Get all the sleep you can now! You won't sleep normal for about 2 years! Sleep when the baby sleeps. Take pictures every day, week, month. Enjoy and cherish every moment, kids grow up really fast!

Congrats broham.. Enjoy the first night when they're just sleeping the whole day..after that the sleep ends :lol:

Congrats man!!! Welcome to the parenthood club!!! Hope all is well. Please let your wife know breastfeeding infants may want to eat every 15 -20 minutes I'm a pediatrician pm me with any questions.

Congrats broham.. Enjoy the first night when they're just sleeping the whole day..after that the sleep ends :lol:

I did...felt like I nearly slept the whole day

My wife was kinda pissed about that

I can't help it I hadn't slept since 1 PM the day before

I'm just glad she wasn't in labor for hours upon hours...her water broke around 3:30 AM and gave birth at 7:30 AM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom