A Quiet Place: Day One (directed by John Krasinski) June 28th

Movie was good. Didn't really enjoy the "A-Ha" reveal, but it was nice to see the movie wrap up nicely.

I sure was nervous with the mom giving birth. Good edge of seat thriller.
A-ha reveal???
Bruh when she was in the corn field
about to get ate from behind
And her thing went off
And the monster ran away
We figured that out
Also in the corn storage thing they fell in
Same thing happened
Wasn’t really a a-ha moment at the end

A QUIET PLACE COULD HAVE BEEN A CLOVERFIELD MOVIE
Share.
But Paramount believed in it as an original, standalone project.
BY ALEX GILYADOV A Quiet Place could have been part of the Cloverfield franchise, according to the film's screenwriters Scott Beck and Bryan Woods.

In an interview with /Film, Beck and Woods revealed there was talk about turning the horror thriller into a Cloverfield movie. This was around the same time the second Cloverfield film, 10 Cloverfield Lane, was in development at Paramount, the same studio behind A Quiet Place.

"I guess it crossed our mind and we had spoken to our representatives about that possibility," Beck said. "It was weird timing, though, because when we were writing the script, 10 Cloverfield Lane was at Paramount."

However, Paramount believed in A Quiet Place as an original, standalone project. "We were actually talking to an executive there about this film, and it felt from pitch form that there might be crossover, but when we finally took the final script in to Paramount, they saw it as a totally different movie," Beck said.

The screenwriters were relieved by this decision. Even though Beck and Woods are fans of the Cloverfield movies, they didn't want their film to be swept up into a franchise. Instead, the duo were more interested in developing a brand new project.

"It's just that as filmgoers, we crave new and original ideas, and we feel like so much of what’s out there is IP," Woods said. "It's comic books, it's remakes, it's sequels. We show up to all of them, we enjoy those movies too, but our dream was always to drop something different into the marketplace, so we feel grateful that Paramount embraced the movie as its own thing."

It appears all worked out just fine for A Quiet Place, as the thriller from director-actor John Krasinski has received plenty of commercial and critical success. In our review of the film, which had the second biggest domestic opening of the year so far, we say A Quiet Place "delivers B-movie thrills with legitimate chills."

It was good but watching that **** in the pitch black at night in silence for 90% of the movie had my ADD *** wanting to pass out a couple times.

As far as movies I’ve seen this year

Unsane and Game Night >>> A Quiet Place

It was good but watching that **** in the pitch black at night in silence for 90% of the movie had my ADD *** wanting to pass out a couple times.

As far as movies I’ve seen this year

Unsane and Game Night >>> A Quiet Place
unsane was dope
u haven't seen black panther????

unsane was dope
u haven't seen black panther????

Nope I haven’t seen it

Not a big superhero movie fan but I’ll probably go see a movie tomorrow since it’s only $5 for tickets on Tuesdays

My options would be pretty much Black Panther or Ready Player One...thoughts?

Nope I haven’t seen it

Not a big superhero movie fan but I’ll probably go see a movie tomorrow since it’s only $5 for tickets on Tuesdays

My options would be pretty much Black Panther or Ready Player One...thoughts?
bp
read the rp1 book when first release years ago
i have no doubt book is better
have no inclination to see the film till its on netflix or hbo

caught it last night
movie was solid and a hell of a first movie to experience a dolby digital theater with that D-Box
every sound had me lookin around. I was at one of those theaters where you push a button and people come up to you and take your food order.
This one dude order a plate of nachos a few seats away from us and was trying to be hella quiet :rofl:

Nice little palate cleanser since the next film i'm seeing in theaters is IW

I couldn't imagine anyone eating nachos during the movie

I would have wanted to take them from him and throw them in the trash

I might need to see Unsane

Saw this last night, it was good. I kinda regret not going to the theater to see it though.

For the person that asked, there were no doors at all because doors make noise, wind can blow and make loose doors open, slam, too risky.
Can’t believe this even needed explaining that nter definitely
One of those people that are asking questions during a movie
I hate folks like that
Just shut up and watch man
I’m watching the same movie as u

Damn that was a good movie. The monsters remind me of the clickers from The Last of Us.

Damnit, I decided to pop in at the last minute to a small theater in my spot. Im legit the only person here.

IMG_0898.JPG

Can’t believe this even needed explaining that nter definitely
One of those people that are asking questions during a movie
I hate folks like that
Just shut up and watch man
I’m watching the same movie as u
Haha, this sounds exactly like my sister-in-law. Smh.

Word, Harold was NOT in the movie. That was the previews :lol:

Great movie man. It did a good job of making me suspend my disbelief. An animal that attacks anything that makes a tiny noise wouldn't last long as a predator. Plus that would be the easiest god damn thing in the world to capture. Dig a hole in the ground, put some spikes in the bottom, put that toy rocket in there, DEAD. Put a bear trap on the ground, put the toy rocket in the middle of it, DEAD.

Anyways the directing was so well done I wasn't focused on the logistics of the rules they created for the creatures. The human aspect got me in the feels. Krazknski can act his *** off man. I'd follow him into battle fo sho.

Ps, I didn't read that Cloverfield article except for the headline. This really could have easily been in that universe. Could have tied it into Cloverfield Lane seamlessly. But no, they chose that abomination Paradox to try and keep the ball rolling. What a joke :lol:

Back
Top Bottom