A look into West Africa

For those of you who think you got it bad, take this in. I'm not as shocked as the person who showed me this because I was born in Nairobi, Kenya and have been to Pakistan. But here you go...
sick.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/pUuZmtU0TZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/pUuZmtU0TZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Liberia is a Hell Hole (thanks to the CIA). Misleading video title.

West Africa is a paradise overall.

Vice TV is the future of Media.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Liberia is a Hell Hole (thanks to the CIA). Misleading video title.

West Africa is a paradise overall.

Vice TV is the future of Media.

Paradise as in pre-European @@@ raping or what? 

Haze, can you define what you mean by paradise. My friend is currently in Dakar right now with his pops and says the country is amazing and is absorbing the culture, but there is still huge amounts of poverty and instability within the governments there.

People like to group Africa, a continent 3 times the size of the USA, into 1 basket. There are 53 separate nations on the continent and thousands of different communities within those nations.

Dakar is city and a densely populated area. Its just like NY, where someone can go see the beauty of Central Park West or the poverty of Brownsville within a 20 minute drive.

Almost all of Africa is naturally beautiful but it is also the most materially rich place on Earth, only 40 years independent from Colonial rape and constantly being sabotaged and undermined by World Powers...so you will have the some of the most desperate conditions of humanity scattered amongst that beauty.

Senegal itself is under corrupt leadership, making it a different nation from Ghana, which is different from its neighbor, Togo, which is different from Liberia, which is different from Nigeria...etc, etc

From what I have seen and experienced, West Africa is a paradise, where I eventually plan to live out my days on Earth.

But lets keep the sterotypes alive to keep the placed untampered and pure....WEST AFRICA IS A FILTHY HELLHOLE!
sick.gif

I can't say I have spent time in West Africa, but I can say my time in South Africa was prolly the best of my life. The physical beauty of the African Continent in unparalleled.

But while your right, every country faces individual problems of their own, and not all of the governments are run by crooks as the U.S. media would like you to believe, I think it is being a little naive to say it is just like New York. Yes, there are people of wealth on the African continent but when you rape a people of their culture and identity, it will take more than 40 years no matter how brilliant and resiliant the people are. These countries really have only been decolonized for 40 or so odd years, they are still facing tremendous struggles. It is no secret that the World Powers have tried keeping the black man down from the U.S. to Brazil, to Venezuela, to the Ivory Coast, to Benin.

Just curious, where you looking to buy land in specifically?

People like to group Africa, a continent 3 times the size of the USA, into 1 basket. There are 53 separate nations on the continent and thousands of different communities within those nations.

Dakar is city and a densely populated area. Its just like NY, where someone can go see the beauty of Central Park West or the poverty of Brownsville within a 20 minute drive.

Almost all of Africa is naturally beautiful but it is also the most materially rich place on Earth, only 40 years independent from Colonial rape and constantly being sabotaged and undermined by World Powers...so you will have the some of the most desperate conditions of humanity scattered amongst that beauty.

Senegal itself is under corrupt leadership, making it a different nation from Ghana, which is different from its neighbor, Togo, which is different from Liberia, which is different from Nigeria...etc, etc

From what I have seen and experienced, West Africa is a paradise, where I eventually plan to live out my days on Earth.

But lets keep the sterotypes alive to keep the placed untampered and pure....WEST AFRICA IS A FILTHY HELLHOLE!
sick.gif

Son I get your analogy, but that place makes Brownsville look like Beverly Hills. Those pictures you showed don't even look like paradise at all.

Huey. Purchase land in Kenya.

We got property on the Kenyan shore. Can't wait to stay there spring break.

Deep see fishing in the perfect weather.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

East Africa > West Africa IMO

sick.gif

pimp.gif
 Yeah I would like to visit and live their one day

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I can't say I have spent time in West Africa, but I can say my time in South Africa was prolly the best of my life. The physical beauty of the African Continent in unparalleled.

But while your right, every country faces individual problems of their own, and not all of the governments are run by crooks as the U.S. media would like you to believe, I think it is being a little naive to say it is just like New York. Yes, there are people of wealth on the African continent but when you rape a people of their culture and identity, it will take more than 40 years no matter how brilliant and resiliant the people are. These countries really have only been decolonized for 40 or so odd years, they are still facing tremendous struggles. It is no secret that the World Powers have tried keeping the black man down from the U.S. to Brazil, to Venezuela, to the Ivory Coast, to Benin.

Just curious, where you looking to buy land in specifically?
Nah, definitely not trying to draw a parallel between Dakar or any other West African capital and NYC.

Those are still developing nations and New York is the global bastion of economic development. Just pointing out that you have your good and your bad in every place, especially in "urban"/city environments.

Either Togo (depending on upcoming elections)or Ghana.

Kenya is
eek.gif

The Garden of Eden for real. My friend just came from there on a trip with the World Bank. The visuals and stories he brought back had me tripping.

I definitely have to visit there soon but culturally West Africa is more inviting to Child of the Diaspora, such as myself.

damn thats crazy, I'm looking forward to visiting family in Nigeria... I'm unsure of what to expect

Kenya is
eek.gif

The Garden of Eden for real. My friend just came from there on a trip with the World Bank. The visuals and stories he brought back had me tripping.

I definitely have to visit there soon but culturally West Africa is more inviting to Child of the Diaspora, such as myself.

Word up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

damn thats crazy, I'm looking forward to visiting family in Nigeria... I'm unsure of what to expect
Nigeria is not bad at all and shouldn't be compared to Liberia.....Nigeria has it's issues with corruption and mismanagement of oil wealth but it's still one of the best countries in Africa.

Stay in Abuja, Lagos, the popular cities and you should be fine. I may not be in a position to talk cause i havent been there in like 13 years but it is nothing remotely close to being like Liberia
sick.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom