A Diamond is Forever...or is it?... DeBeers got ya'll again!

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well what I'm tryin to say is that in western culture, diamonds are held in very high esteem with females, I've been around plenty of rich girls that have diamonds and nothing gets them more hype than... more diamonds. (DeBeers taught you well)  
And really ain't no one puttin hella emphasis on anything, this is not a discussion about relationships/love it's about diamonds, so that's what's getting addressed. I'm just not against buying chicks diamonds... doesn't mean it's an everyday thing for any heffer. I do feel this thread was motivated by the unwillingness/unwanted burden of purchasing engagement rings for women
nerd.gif

Rocks are not a basis for a relationship just another form of expression amongst many... where you got the impression that I get "kicks out of money and what it buys" I have absolutely no idea, especially when I said I don't believe money is real and is just numbers in my bank account... of course the best things in life are free

I cant prove this, but in all honestly i believe a vast majority of folks in here or in general had they told there girls/wives that im not buying a rock etc... but what i will do is be there for you etc love you unconditionally etc... Majority of the ppl in here and in general would not be in a relationship and the women wouldnt continue to be in a relationship with them and it would solely be based on the fact they didnt get married in the traditional sense of buying a rock. I mean ppl could try this theory and or be upfront and say this, but im almost certain most guys no the answer and are afraid that this so called she really loves me regardless, unconditionally, etc... it wouldnt matter cause she loves me for me bs would fly right out of the window.
I agree, Women have been indoctrinated to love jewelry/diamonds... why fight it...? Ideally you want a down to earth chick... but their attractiveness more times than not is inversely related to this, so just try to find that sweet spot

Why fight it?  How about because it is wrong?  A society should continously strive to improve, brainwashing little girls to believe that receiving jewlery is important than receiving love isn't doing anyone any favors.  

^IMO there will always be poor personalities... if this manifests itself in the prioritization of diamonds over love... cool you have just given me a signal of who you are as a person... 

I'm a firm believer in the ying/yang of life so whatever "wrong" you right you will just create some other unforeseen "wrong"... there's no heaven on earth and most likely your utopia is another persons dystopia
Originally Posted by slickp42189

Well after you have taken care of your basic needs what do you do with your remaining money? I'm not gonna sugar coat it but all the alcohol, trees, jimmy hats, cover fees, Xbox/PS3 games, CD's, Blu Rays, kicks/gear, plane/sport/concert tickets, telly rooms etc. we pay $ for b/c it makes us feel some way... I don't know where you live or how your clique rolls, so unless you live that terrorist life like DCAllAmerican I bet you do these things too
laugh.gif
i will agree to disagree, because out of all the stuff you mentioned ive only paid for plane/hotel and kicks/gear, everything else is you holmes, i dont even have a clique, just me and my wingman from hs
You must be the flyest terrorist then
laugh.gif

DeBeers got us again!

Darn, man!

Of course they didn't get you though. Just "us", as usual. Thank you Silly God.

Back
Top Bottom