80s Freestyle Music?

I listen to all types of music.

90s hip hop, new hip hop, alternative rock, some metal, reggae, techno, house...etc etc

but the weirdest genre of music I enjoy is definitely 80s freestyle music
laugh.gif

I'm not talking about a hip hop freestyle over an instrumental, but the genre called freestyle.

I had a lot of cousins and my older sis that was into that music when I was a little kid, and now that I've had my whip for a year, it takes me backwhenever I'm listening to KTU (my ny heads may know about this) and a freestyle song comes on.

one of my faves
laugh.gif

http://http://www.imeem.com/people/Ac7MlqQ/music/lEbY2eTb/cynthia_change_on_me/http://www.imeem.com/peop...eTb/cynthia_change_on_me/

def appreciated. im still trying to find a nice blog site or podcast with long dj mixes of this stuff.

There was actually a thread on this a week ago if yuku didn't suck so bad I'd try to find it. Some great songs were posted
pimp.gif

Miami is one of the big parts of freestyle, so I've heard it from all my life. Mainly cuz of the fact that my parents and family is so young. My mom is 36and im 17. But yeah things like tka and such are very appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

There was actually a thread on this a week ago if yuku didn't suck so bad I'd try to find it. Some great songs were posted
pimp.gif
i actually did search and couldn't find the thread...link to it?

^good looks...I no longer feel as weird bumping it anymore.

I think I'm the only non-latin/italian dude playin it though
laugh.gif

I still listen to it too and I have a ton of 12" from that time period (my brother was a freestyle DJ back in the day). If you're looking forsomething in particular I have pretty much everything. Including Sa-Frie & Cynthia covering Can You Stand The Rain by NE which is hard to find. Hit me upif you need something.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

^good looks...I no longer feel as weird bumping it anymore.

I think I'm the only non-latin/italian dude playin it though
laugh.gif
na, filipino folks out here hear it all the time at cotillions
laugh.gif
you're not alone.

^ hit me with that NE cover though please!

Originally Posted by Lets Hug It Out

I still listen to it too and I have a ton of 12" from that time period (my brother was a freestyle DJ back in the day). If you're looking for something in particular I have pretty much everything. Including Sa-Frie & Cynthia covering Can You Stand The Rain by NE which is hard to find. Hit me up if you need something.
thats awesome. i think the only younger ppl that would wanna listen to it are the ones that grew up with older siblings/fam members playin it.it's got a nostalgia thing to me.

Born and raised in NY to young PR parents. Spent MAD time in Miami. You know what it is. These are the vids I posted in the last one........

Nocera "Summertime"

Expose

Denise Lopez

And the granddaddy of them all, Lisa Lisa/Cult Jam "I Wonder If I Take You Home"

it's appreciated, i listen to it every once in a while.

that looks hells weird seeing it typed
laugh.gif

ikari XD wrote:

na, filipino folks out here hear it all the time at cotillions
laugh.gif
you're not alone.

This is most definitely true. I still listen to freestyle tho, not just @ cotillions (I haven't been to one in 4+ years). It's just quality music tomy ears.

I have 2 older brothers that were guidos back during this time, I was rockin run dmc and gnr, they were rockin johnny o and cynthia, george lemont(sp?) allthat stuff. I have tons of it on cd's somewhere from them, if I get motived I will dig out some for you guys.

I always wanted to smash Lil Suzy .

AND if you are a NYC latino/italian you were definitley rocking or have family members that still rock to freestyle .

I have a couple Freestyle mixes I did live at a couple clubs, I'll make a specific "NT" freestyle mix 30-45 mins long so everyone can jam to it.It'll be up tomorrow afternoon.

Uploading the mix for you guys right now, came out pretty good especially for me just rushing it.

downloading it now from that link ^^

i dont see it on your site though. i gotta wait for it to load up?

Back
Top Bottom