72-10 Record

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

And we were literally a shot away from 70 wins, I think Pip missed a shot against the Knicks. 
they lost the last game of the season at home to the knicks which kept them at 69.   i remember it was a prime time saturday night game on nbc.  god i miss nbc,  i could never imagine a saturday night regular season game on prime time on crappy abc

I have that *$%@ on tape, I remember they played the Seinfeld intro to start NBC's broadcast.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

And we were literally a shot away from 70 wins, I think Pip missed a shot against the Knicks. 
they lost the last game of the season at home to the knicks which kept them at 69.   i remember it was a prime time saturday night game on nbc.  god i miss nbc,  i could never imagine a saturday night regular season game on prime time on crappy abc

I have that *$%@ on tape, I remember they played the Seinfeld intro to start NBC's broadcast.
laugh.gif

^

nice, i have a ton of old laker games, nba on nbc games from the 90's on tape that i recorded when i was little, and some nba on cbs games from the 80's that i got from people on youtube. it's fun going back and watching some of them at times.

^

nice, i have a ton of old laker games, nba on nbc games from the 90's on tape that i recorded when i was little, and some nba on cbs games from the 80's that i got from people on youtube. it's fun going back and watching some of them at times.

5-3?
laugh.gif

The 95 Bulls won 25 games before they lost 3. They won't be anywhere near 70 wins - they'll be lucky if they get 60.

Next year could be a different story once they work out what's going on but a team that is so new like that will never get it together before halfway through the season.

5-3?
laugh.gif

The 95 Bulls won 25 games before they lost 3. They won't be anywhere near 70 wins - they'll be lucky if they get 60.

Next year could be a different story once they work out what's going on but a team that is so new like that will never get it together before halfway through the season.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by dn0774

That '07 Mavs team actually started the season 0-4. They then went on a 52-5 stretch or something like that...crazy that they won 67 games that season still after that start.
And lost in the first round.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by dn0774

That '07 Mavs team actually started the season 0-4. They then went on a 52-5 stretch or something like that...crazy that they won 67 games that season still after that start.
And lost in the first round.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

See... They all quiet now, less than three weeks into the season. But don't worry, they'll be back same time again next year and they'll start shutting up soon after that again.

The way I figure, these fools want to start early by saying this or that team will break 72-10, so if by some miracle someone actually does it, then they want to brag about what geniuses they are and say "See, I told yall right from the beginning". But of course, if they don't break 72-10 like they never do, then they don't have nothing to lose because no one really will waste their time on the extremely obvious and point out how they were wrong.

See... They all quiet now, less than three weeks into the season. But don't worry, they'll be back same time again next year and they'll start shutting up soon after that again.

The way I figure, these fools want to start early by saying this or that team will break 72-10, so if by some miracle someone actually does it, then they want to brag about what geniuses they are and say "See, I told yall right from the beginning". But of course, if they don't break 72-10 like they never do, then they don't have nothing to lose because no one really will waste their time on the extremely obvious and point out how they were wrong.

Phil definitely doesn't care - he wants 60-something wins and homecourt and then his 4th 3-peat - which is an astounding feat.

Phil definitely doesn't care - he wants 60-something wins and homecourt and then his 4th 3-peat - which is an astounding feat.

Bump this thread throughout the entire season so that maybe someone thinks twice about making one next year. I'm getting sick of hearing about it every mid-November. Don't you get it? SOME teams are BOUND to have great starts to the season. No season has ever started where all teams in the league went 5-5 after the first 10 games.

Bump this thread throughout the entire season so that maybe someone thinks twice about making one next year. I'm getting sick of hearing about it every mid-November. Don't you get it? SOME teams are BOUND to have great starts to the season. No season has ever started where all teams in the league went 5-5 after the first 10 games.

All the Lakers need is home court. They don't care about setting or matching records.

Back
Top Bottom