72-10 Record

All the Lakers need is home court. They don't care about setting or matching records.

Back when the Bulls won 72 games Jordan himself said they couldn't have done it back in the day. With that said, everyone else in the league had the same opportunity to do it but only the Bulls did it!

Back when the Bulls won 72 games Jordan himself said they couldn't have done it back in the day. With that said, everyone else in the league had the same opportunity to do it but only the Bulls did it!

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it

Listen to this guy. He knows his stuff. He even threw in a "yea i said it" to show how extra confident he was.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it

Listen to this guy. He knows his stuff. He even threw in a "yea i said it" to show how extra confident he was.

They still have a chance
laugh.gif

I honestly don't think we will see a team beat that record, ever.
72-10.. whats the second place stat. for this 68 - 14 ? im curious

I honestly don't think we will see a team beat that record, ever.
72-10.. whats the second place stat. for this 68 - 14 ? im curious

So... Over a month left and no team has even a theoretical chance of winning 70, let alone tying/breaking 72. Congratulations to all the great predictions in this thread. See you again in November.

So... Over a month left and no team has even a theoretical chance of winning 70, let alone tying/breaking 72. Congratulations to all the great predictions in this thread. See you again in November.

For sake of discussion, 72-10 is becoming more possible with today's NBA than before, now that the star power is becoming more concentrated. The more stars on one team, the less there are on others, theoretically making it easier for the good teams to beat the bad ones.

I'm only saying that it's more possible than before, not saying that it's close to being likely. Even with the movement of superstars, there are still a ton of talented players on the "bad" teams and other disparities that will make it unlikely for a team to come close. Even if Kobe, Dwight Howard, and CP3 all jump aboard the Heat, it would still be hard for them to face the scrutiny of the media, the targets on their backs, etc. every game.

For sake of discussion, 72-10 is becoming more possible with today's NBA than before, now that the star power is becoming more concentrated. The more stars on one team, the less there are on others, theoretically making it easier for the good teams to beat the bad ones.

I'm only saying that it's more possible than before, not saying that it's close to being likely. Even with the movement of superstars, there are still a ton of talented players on the "bad" teams and other disparities that will make it unlikely for a team to come close. Even if Kobe, Dwight Howard, and CP3 all jump aboard the Heat, it would still be hard for them to face the scrutiny of the media, the targets on their backs, etc. every game.

Back
Top Bottom