72-10 Record

Why is it that everytime people bring that record up and talk about whether or not a certain team can/will break it... the  responses are always, "they dont care about that record, the regular season doesnt matter, teams dont want to waste that energy on the regular season, CHAMPIONSHIP IS MORE IMPORTANT."

Why cant a team accomplish BOTH feats? its been done.  Why wouldnt  teams like the Lakers or Heat try to break that record? I just feel like back in the day... i cant remember teams "resting guys down the stretch."

Why is it that everytime people bring that record up and talk about whether or not a certain team can/will break it... the  responses are always, "they dont care about that record, the regular season doesnt matter, teams dont want to waste that energy on the regular season, CHAMPIONSHIP IS MORE IMPORTANT."

Why cant a team accomplish BOTH feats? its been done.  Why wouldnt  teams like the Lakers or Heat try to break that record? I just feel like back in the day... i cant remember teams "resting guys down the stretch."

Well...has anyone actually had a close chance to being 72-10?

These teams sit their starters at the end of the season because they already have more than 10 losses....

this thread sucks...

These teams sit their starters at the end of the season because they already have more than 10 losses....

this thread sucks...

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it
Western Conference is weak as hell and their schedule is weak also

You don't want your team to be burnt out for the playoffs. The season is 9 months long if your eyes are set on a championship.

There are certain squads that can go all out 100% of the time (regular season AND playoffs)... and there are certain ones that cannot. 09-10 Celtics come to mind and also the Spurs of the last year or so.

You don't want your team to be burnt out for the playoffs. The season is 9 months long if your eyes are set on a championship.

There are certain squads that can go all out 100% of the time (regular season AND playoffs)... and there are certain ones that cannot. 09-10 Celtics come to mind and also the Spurs of the last year or so.

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it
Western Conference is weak as hell and their schedule is weak also

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer to 60 than 70.

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer to 60 than 70.

Lakers got the bench this year to get this done and they got the coach if Phil Jackson wants his record broke he will break it this year..
If Lakers start 41-3 at all star break they goin for that record

Lakers got the bench this year to get this done and they got the coach if Phil Jackson wants his record broke he will break it this year..

laugh.gif
@ Lakers having a chance

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

No one will break that record. Players now wants to rest before the playoffs rather win a few more games on the regular season.

No one will break that record. Players now wants to rest before the playoffs rather win a few more games on the regular season.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

i'm a laker fan and this is a dumb *** comment
are you a bandwagon fan?

Back
Top Bottom