(7-9) Miami Dolphins 2010 Season Thread: WE SUCK! THANK GOD IT'S OVER!!!

There are WR's to be had in the draft, we just have to hope we get the right one.  Whoever it is.  Gilyard, Benn, whatever if we don't get Dez at 12. 

But yeah, I wanted Rolle too. 

the dolphins drafted patrick turner in the 3rd round, and the ravens get boldin for a 3rd and 4th. fans should be #^&**^% livid.

Originally Posted by CP1708

There are WR's to be had in the draft, we just have to hope we get the right one.  Whoever it is.  Gilyard, Benn, whatever if we don't get Dez at 12. 

My boy was on point huh? We were REAL CLOSE in landing Rolle too. We were only like 5mil short of NY offer but the Fins decided to pull their offer. AZ, was also in it to the last sec.

With that being said, Ryan Clark or even maybe Sharper. 

the dolphins drafted patrick turner in the 3rd round, and the ravens get boldin for a 3rd and 4th. fans should be #^&**^% livid.
Remember, last yr's asking price was a 1st & 3rd rder. 

Word is, Parcells is really NOT oppose to drafting Dez in the 1st (if available) this yr.

Originally Posted by h3at23

My boy was on point huh? We were REAL CLOSE in landing Rolle too. We were only like 5mil short of NY offer but the Fins decided to pull their offer. AZ, was also in it to the last sec.

Word is, Parcells is really NOT oppose to drafting Dez in the 1st (if available) this yr.
See, I'd rather address D in the 1st. So many talents. Suh and Berry are out of the question probably, but there's McClain and Kindle. Mays... I dunno, I don't think Parcells would draft Dez. I think he'd draft Spiller before Dez. Ronnie and Ricky are both goners soon.

McClain and Dansby is tempting........
eek.gif

I'm HOPING that Bill can move down and pick up a couple extra picks.  That's the best scenario after either Dez of McClain imo.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by h3at23

See, I'd rather address D in the 1st. So many talents. Suh and Berry are out of the question probably, but there's McClain and Kindle. Mays... I dunno, I don't think Parcells would draft Dez. I think he'd draft Spiller before Dez. Ronnie and Ricky are both goners soon.

NEVER......Parcells has been telling ppl he trust that he would and has no problem drafting Dez in the 1st Rd. The latest person to confirm that is Gil "GodFather" Brandt.

Kindle I would think over McClain at this point because of Dans. Also, word is McClain is dropping because film shows him taking plays off. Mays only if they trade down or 2nd rd.

Signing Dans open things up in the draft.

My chioce? 1a. DezBo 1b. RoMac or trade down.

Also, Phins are/will be shopping Thigpen for a 3rd-4th rd pick.

[h2]New Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby ready to make an impact[/h2]
by Edgar Thompson
New inside linebacker Karlos Dansby had millions and millions of reasons to become a Miami Dolphin.

But more than his $43 million contract, including $22 million guaranteed, Dansby said one reason stood out above all: Bill Parcells.

Dansby believes Parcells and the organization he’s building will help Dansby, 28, become the kind of player he wants to be.

“I could be a part of something special,

[h2]Report: Miami Dolphins NT Jason Ferguson faces suspension [/h2]
March 7th, 2010 | 12:43 AM

According to a report in the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, free agent nose tackle Jason Ferguson of the Miami Dolphins faces an eight-game suspension in 2010 due to an apparent violation of the NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Ferguson, 35, is named in the report along with former St. Louis Rams tackle Ryan Tucker, who announced his retirement on Thursday as he faced an identical penalty.

Ferguson had surgery on his quadriceps in early December after suffering the season-ending injury at Carolina on Nov. 19. He had been the Dolphins’ starting nose tackle for more than a season and a half, dating to his acquisition from Dallas in April 2008.

Ferguson, who still hopes to play a 14th season in the NFL, probably wouldn’t have been available until the start of training camp anyway. The Dolphins were still believed to be interest in re-signing him, and Ferguson has said he wouldn’t want to play anywhere else.

Ferguson also sat out four games in 1999, his third season in the league, for violating the same NFL policy.

Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland recently gave an upbeat assessment of Ferguson’s rehabilitation efforts following surgery.

“Jason is doing very well in his rehab,

3rd or 4th for Thigpen based off what? 
laugh.gif
  We ain't gettin no 3rd/4th for that dude, come on.  If Bill does that, you better take back all them things you said finnns. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

3rd or 4th for Thigpen based off what? 
laugh.gif
  We ain't gettin no 3rd/4th for that dude, come on.  If Bill does that, you better take back all them things you said finnns. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Based of what?! What I told you in advance about Dansby, did it not happen? Same source. It doesn't mean they would/can get a 3rd/4th put that's the asking price

Tyler can be a starter for some team that needs a QB. Supply < Demand when it comes to QB's this offseason  

Also, do you think we would have gotten Thigpen for a 5th if it was another team? Scott Pioli being Parcells son-in-law helped. If you think otherwise, then there's no tampering in the NFL
laugh.gif

Naw, I'm not doubting your source man, he seems legit as hell, I mean what the hell are the Dolphins basing asking for a 3rd/4th rounder on? 

Anquan Boldin just got traded for those type picks, Tyler friggin Thigpen isn't worth even close to that. 
laugh.gif

I hope he doesn't read NT anymore 
laugh.gif
. They get sensetive sometimes
nerd.gif

I actually can see a 4th rd pick because of the reason I posted (reposted below).
Tyler can be a starter for some team that needs a QB. Supply < Demand when it comes to QB's this offseason  

Also, remember, he was the stater for KC b4 they traded for Cassell and was doing good and was getting better

That may be true, but teams also know that we have Henne and Pennington and we aren't going to get rid of Pat White, and we also aren't going to keep 4 QB's, therefore, if they just wait, they know we'll eventually cut Thigpen. 

We have no leverage.  So why give up a pick if you don't have too?  Only way a team gives up a pick is if MULTIPLE teams are after him, then if they truly want him without the risk of him signing with someone else, then they might offer a pick.  Otherwise, he gets cut. 

I said the same thing but was told that the fins will not release tyler (If not traded) because they like him  A LOT.

I'll ask more tomorrow about Thigpen and other stuff and I'll email you.

Ryan Clark to visit Miami Dolphins

March 7th, 2010 | 7:37 PM

As soon as the Miami Dolphins got into the Antrel Rolle sweepstakes on Thursday afternoon, Ryan Clark of the Pittsburgh Steelers started to make a lot of sense as a fallback option.

Rolle wound up signing with the New York Giants for a record amount at the safety position — $37 million over five years — and the Dolphins wasted little time moving on to Plan B: Clark.

According to agent Joel Turner, Clark’s South Carolina-based agent, a visit was set up on Friday afternoon at 3:30, right around the time Rolle was finalizing his deal with the Giants and turning down $32 million over five years from the Dolphins.

With Karlos Dansby in town through Saturday, the Dolphins decided to hold off on the Clark visit until Monday, but the unrestricted free agent arrived in South Florida early Monday evening and immediately expressed optimism a deal would get done.

So did Turner, who said seven other teams expressed interest in Clark, including a late arrival to the party on Sunday.

Turner, who also represents Dolphins backup quarterback Tyler Thigpen, is not making the trip to Davie on Monday, which could tell you this thing is essentially done already, though not necessarily.

Will this be “it

Missed out on Clark, he signed with the Steelers. So now we've cut Wilson, and lowballed Rolle/Clark. %#^@ Tuna, once again.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Missed out on Clark, he signed with the Steelers. So now we've cut Wilson, and lowballed Rolle/Clark. %#^@ Tuna, once again.
Hey Negative Nancy, @%%# ryan clark aka gibril 2.0 .

I wanted us to sign him but then found out he's gibril's clone. We need a FS not another SS playing FS. Clark, can cover #@!*.

Jeff_Darlington

Despite 8-game suspension, the Dolphins have re-signed NT Jason Ferguson to a new contract.

we must really be desperate / have no faith in paul solai to resign ferg to play half a season.

Hope tuna knows what he is doing. Omar kelly said fins have a chance at berry..
nerd.gif

Berry ain't droppin to 12, and I do not support movin up/giving away picks to get him. 

You don't give up picks to draft a safey.  That's bad business. 

laugh.gif
at negative nancy. h3at, c'mon. we are cutting guys with no replacement. i too found out clark can't cover, but we obviously have no faith in clemons offering these vets multi-year deals.

i forget which columnist it was, skolnick or armando, who was talking about our free agent selections so far in this regime. only starks was a good signing, and now dansby. wilford, wilson, smiley, grove, mccown, crapload of $ for crappy or injury-plagued players. just getting sick of it.

Back
Top Bottom