(7-9) Miami Dolphins 2010 Season Thread: WE SUCK! THANK GOD IT'S OVER!!!

[h1]Miami Dolphins trade Greg Camarillo to Vikings[/h1] [h2]Boyd Anderson's Benny Sapp traded to Miami Dolphins [/h2]
http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/trb....vens;at=Football;at=Miami Dolphins;u=<a href=/www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-greg-camarillo-dolphins-0826-20100825,0,7522615.story;ord=88471671?">http://www.sun-sentinel.c...2615.story;ord=88471671?" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
dolphins;rs=10145;rs=10017;rs=10018;rs=10077;rs=10125;rs=10157;;ptype=s;slug=fl-greg-camarillo-dolphins-0826-20100825;rg=ur;ref=sun-sentinelcom;pos=2;sz=234x60;tile=2;at=Sports;at=Athletes;at=Human%20Interest;at=Minnesota%20Vikings;at=Migraine;at=Patrick%20Turner;at=Jacksonville%20Jaguars;at=Brian%20Hartline;at=Percy%20Harvin;at=Baltimore%20Ravens;at=Football;at=Miami%20Dolphins;u=<a%20href=
/www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-greg-camarillo-dolphins-0826-20100825,0,7522615.story;ord=88471671?">http://www.sun-sentinel.c...2615.story;ord=88471671?" width="234" height="60" border="0" alt="">

DAVIE —
The Miami Dolphins traded veteran receiver Greg Camarillo to the Minnesota Vikings for former local standout Benny Sapp on Wednesday.

Sapp, a Boyd Anderson product, was involved in the trade according to his agent. The cornerback, who played his college ball at Northern Iowa, should help the Dolphins' secondary and special teams.

Camarillo, who started 27 games for the Dolphins the past two seasons, confirmed his end of the roster transaction and said he was in route to Minnesota. The Vikings are in desperate need of a sure-handed receiver like Camarillo to ease the uncertainty surrounding Sidney Rice (hip surgery) and Percy Harvin ( migraines), the Vikings top two receivers from last season.

Sapp has spent the past two seasons with the Vikings after playing for the Chiefs his first four years. He's started 11 games for Minnesota, including seven last season, in which he tallied 44 tackles, broke up six passes and forced two fumbles

Sapp, 29, has experience in the nickel package and is a core special teams player, which are two areas of the team the Dolphins need to strengthen.

Will Allen is sidelined for a couple more weeks after having his surgically repaired left knee scoped, and the Miami Dolphins have been searching for a cornerback to man the nickel spot.

Veteran Kevin Hobbs was added to the roster two weeks ago, but rookie cornerback Nolan Carroll has manning the spot the past two weeks. However, his struggles (allowed a touchdown and was called for pass interference) against the Jaguars in last Saturday's 27-26 exhibition win obviously concerned the Dolphins' decision makers.

It's possibly Sapp, who has four career interceptions, could immediately contribute in the nickel spot, and as a gunner on the special teams coverage unit.

Camarillo, whose overtime touchdown catch against the Ravens in 2007 saved the Dolphins from going 0-16, caught 113 passes for 1,325 yards and scored four touchdowns over the past three seasons.

Last season he caught 50 passes for 552 yards, and didn't have a drop.

But the former Stanford walk-on has primarily been used as a backup this season due to the offseason addition of Brandon Marshall and the elevation of Brian Hartline, who has a productive rookie season.

Camarillo has also been hindered by a groin injury this camp, but he practiced Tuesday without limitations.

Moving Camarillo to Minnesota likely opens up an extra roster spot behind Marshall, Hartline and Davone Bess, the team's primary slot receiver.

Patrick Turner, Marlon Moore, Roberto Wallace and Julius Pruitt were previously competing for the fifth and likely final receiver spot on the Miami Dolphins' 53-man roster. Now it's likely that two will make the active roster, and possible that the other two will be kept on the practice squad

It's also possible the Dolphins might not be done dealing considering Dallas has a couple of receivers – Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd – who are reportedly on the trading block. Both are strong special teams contributors who have history with this regime.

By Omar Kelly, Sun-Sentinel

Greg Camarillo traded to the Vikings for CB Benny Sapp...Hmm. Don't know how I feel about that. He was as reliable of a player as you can get.

Allows Miami now to keep two of Marlon Moore(kind of shown out so far), Pat Turner, and or Roberto Wallace.

Well, I wish we had gotten a pick for Cam, but if Will Allen isn't healthy, and Carroll isn't ready, then getting an extra CB isn't bad I guess. 

Loved the Jax game.  (although, I saw another drop by Marsh, something that worries me for some reason)

Wildcat a couple times, good to see we can still use it when we need too, Henne looked great, Fasano looked good, I hope he stays healthy all year, he could have a nice season, B Marsh did make some real solid blocks, and those are big in getting long gains from your running backs, our D line looked good, even Pennington looked solid.  Very happy so far. 

But obviously we have a lot of young guys and still a ton of work to do.  I hope whichever WR that takes Cams place works hard and steps up for us. 

Cam will always be remembered and thanked for the OT TD vs Baltimore.  Good luck in Minny, see you in week 2. 
pimp.gif

I hate to see Greg go but Pat Turner, Marlon Moore & Roberto Wallace have been doing great in camp. Pat & Marlon will be on the 53 & hopefully we can stash Wallace on the PS.

I just wanna know a lil bit more about Sapp & I wish we would've got a pick

CUT DAY LIST

(SO FAR)

OFFENSE
QB Pat White
WR Pat Turner
OG Donald Thomas
OT Andrew Gardner
WR Julius Pruitt
FB Rolly Lumbala
TE David Martin

DEFENSE
DE Lionel Dotson
LB Erik Walden
NT Montavious Stanley
CB Kevin Hobbs
LB Austin Spitler (PS)
J.D. Folsom
NT Ryan Baker

(PS) = PRACTICE SQUAD

CUT DAY LIST

OFFENSE
QB Pat White
WR Pat Turner-Jets
OG Donald Thomas
OT Andrew Gardner
OT Andrew Hartline
WR Julius Pruitt (PS)
FB Rolly Lumbala
TE David Martin (contract terminated)-Bills
OG Ray Feinga (PS)
OG Cory Procter

DEFENSE
DE Lionel Dotson
LB Erik Walden
NT Montavious Stanley (contract terminated)
CB Kevin Hobbs
LB Austin Spitler (PS)
LB J.D. Folsom
NT Ryan Baker (PS)
S Ross Weaver-Seahawks
CB Nate Ness-Seahawks
LB Chris McCoy (PS)
S Jonathon Amaya (PS)
DE Charles Grant
DE Marques Douglas

CB Will Allen on IR

(PS) = PRACTICE SQUAD

I'm really REALLY shocked that TE David Martin was release but I'm told they might have released him to bring him back after week 1 so his contract wouldn't be 100% guaranteed

Time to put up or shut up. The preseason doesn't mean anything but the last two games were not what you want to see. Hopefully it's just playing possum. I prefer the team's underdog, in the shadows approach to this coming season. Teams are focused on the Pats, Jets, Colts, etc. So the opportunity is there for the Phins to sneak up on teams like they did two seasons ago to win that division title.

Originally Posted by h3at23

I'm really REALLY shocked that TE David Martin was release but I'm told they might have released him to bring him back after week 1 so his contract wouldn't be 100% guaranteed
David Martin
pimp.gif
/
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Anyone know where i can find the week 1 TV distribution map?

The Dolphins have cut Charles Grant, Marques Douglas and put Will Allen on IR.

The Dolphins have claimed DE Clifton Geathers, OT Jermey Parnell, OT Joe Reitz and DE Robert Rose

Dolphins sign former Cowboy LBer Bobby Carpenter. They cut LB Charlie Anderson

practice squad: Jonathan Amaya, Ryan Baker, Ray Feinga, Chris McCoy, Nathan Overbay, Julius Pruitt, Austin Spitler.

[h1] Statement From The Miami Dolphins [/h1]
Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis.

And so it begins.......

Dolphins sign return specialst Clifton Smith to the 53-man roster

The boy is FAST & great on returns
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1] Statement From The Miami Dolphins [/h1]
Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis.

Like this wasn't expected when we signed him...

And so it begins.......

Damn it Bill.  I was hoping for just one more year/offseason/draft from him to fully stock the shelves so to speak. 
smh.gif

Not to mention make up for Pat White and Patrick Turner. 
tired.gif

Pat Turner actually had a good TC/preseason & was the last cut but Roberto Wallace & Marlon Moore had more upside & great TC/preseason

Even though they have drafted some bust (every team does), if you get 3 starters from each draft, it was a GREAT draft

2008 Jake Long / Chad Henne / Kendall Langford (Before injuries Phillip Merlin / Donald Thomas)

2009 Vontae Davis / Sean Smith / Brain Hartline / Chris Clemons

2010 Jared Odrick / Koa Misi / John Jerry (AJ Edds / Nolan Carroll / Reshad Jones are gonna be GOOD!) (trade for Brandon Marshall)

IMO, they have done a great job in the drafts & signing UDFA

I hear Jason Allen may have earned a starting spot? truth?
That's just to light Sean Smith's fire.

Back
Top Bottom