Naked gunman kills 4 at a waffle house in nashville

nashville-waffle-house.jpg

The Metro Nashville Police Department has tweeted the above image while relaying news of a shooting at a Waffle House in the Antioch portion of the city. The violence took place at 3:25 am on Sunday, when a naked man — described as a “white man with short hair” — entered the restaurant, opening fire and killing multiple people while wounding more. CNN later reported that four people were killed and at least four more were injured before the man fled on foot.

According to Reuters, the shooter wielded an AR-15 rifle, which a “patron wrestled away” from him. CNN adds that the suspect is still at large, and Metro Nashville PD spokesperson Don Aaron has urged residents to stay alert:

“Keep your doors locked, keep your eyes open. If you see this individual — if you see a nude guy walking around this morning — call the police department immediately.”

The man was apparently wearing a coat when he first entered the Waffle House but then removed that sole article of clothing. The Metro Nashville PD also tweeted this photo of a person of interest (who local ABC affiliate WSMV reports is now considered the suspect) named Travis Reinking, age 29, whose name matches the registration of the car in which the gunman arrived.

According to a later tweet, a man who resembles Reinking was spotted in a nearby apartment complex “wearing black pants and no shirt.”
In September 2017, another shooting in Antioch made headlines when a gunman opened fire on parishioners at the at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ, killing one person and injuring several more.

(Via Metro Nashville PD, Reuters, WSMV & CNN)

Fox News
clear.gif

HOMICIDE

Published April 22, 2018
Waffle House shooting leaves 4 dead, several injured; gunman sought
By Katherine Lam, Travis Fedschun | Fox News
694940094001_5774675984001_5774679382001-vs.jpg

At least four dead following Waffle House rampage

Police are still seeking the gunman who killed four and injured several more.

Authorities launched a dragnet for a shooter who gunned down at least four people and injured several others at a Tennessee Waffle House early Sunday before a "hero" patron wrestled the weapon away, police said.

Continue Reading Below

The alleged gunman, Travis Reinking, 29, began shooting at patrons around 3:25 a.m. Sunday at the Waffle House in Antioch, located about 16 miles southeast of downtown Nashville, before fleeing the scene, Metro Nashville police said. Authorities had initially identified Reinking as a person of interest, but later said he was a suspect.

"If you see a nude guy walking around this morning call the police department," Don Aaron of the Metro Nashville Police Department told WTVF.

Aaron said Reinking shot and killed two people outside the restaurant with an assault-type rifle before entering the building and gunning down patrons, killing at least one person. Another individual died at the hospital.

1524406443766.jpg

Reinking is accused of going to the Waffle House early Sunday with an assault-type rifle and opening fire. (Metro Nashville Police Department)

No further details about the victims were released.

At least two of the four injured suffered gunshot wounds. One person is said to be in critical condition and another is in critical but stable condition, FOX17reported. Aaron said some people at the restaurant had "visible cuts" on their faces due to flying glass when shots were fired.

Continue Reading Below

"The people inside the restaurant were very very shaken. They were in tears," Aaron said. "Some of the folks who didn’t have to be transported [to the hospital] had glass wounds on their faces.”

1524406075109.jpg

At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Waffle House in Nashville, Tenn., police said. (AP)

Chuck Cordero told WTVF he saw the gunman pull up to the restaurant in a pickup truck and began shooting. Cordero, who is a regular customer and friends with the employees at the Waffle House, said he was waiting outside because the restaurant was busy and he was waiting for the booth he usually sits in to clear out.

"I showed up tonight and they were a little busy so I stayed in my car. As I got out, this lunatic in a pickup pulled up," Cordero said. "[The gunman] shot a customer going in the door, shot my friend on sidewalk, shot through windows and then went in shooting. He pulled up, got right out; he was prepared to do what he did."

1524406188240.jpg

Several people were injured from flying glass after the gunman opened fire outside of the Waffle House. (THE TENNESSEAN)

A 29-year-old patron attempting to flee the gunfire saw the shooter struggling with the rifle at one point. The man charged at the shooter, wrestled the weapon away and tossed it over the restaurant’s counter.

"He is the hero here and no doubt he saved many lives by wrestling the gun away," Aaron said.

Cordero said he also saw a man who "jumped in" as the gunman was reloading the rifle.

"There's a gentleman who was in there that when the guy stopped to reload his gun he jumped him," Cordero recalled. "Had that guy reloaded, there was plenty of people in that restaurant that would not have made it home this morning."

1524404640669.jpg

The suspect in the deadly Waffle House shooting was identified as Travis Reinking. (WTVF)

The patron suffered an elbow injury and other abrasians, though it's unclear if it was a gunshot wound or caused by glass, according to Aaron.

Police initially described the gunman as a man with short hair who was last seen walking on Murfreesboro Pike after the shooting. They added that Reinking allegedly shed his green coat after firing his gun and is nude. Reinking reportedly then ran to a nearby apartment complex, where he lives, and put pants on before fleeing to a wooded area, Aaron said. Several residents in the area reported seeing a naked man in the area.

"A man believed to be Travis Reinking was last seen in a wood line near Discovery at Mountain View Apts. on Mountain Springs Dr. near the Waffle House. The man was seen wearing black pants and no shirt," Nashville police tweeted just after 8 a.m. Sunday.

Authorities identified Reinking as the suspect after finding the vehicle allegedly used by the gunman was registered in that name. Aaron said officials are still gathering information on Reinking, but found that the alleged gunman’s license “goes back to Illinois.” Nashville police checked with authorities in Illinois who said Reinking has a history with firearms in that state.

The motive of the deadly shooting or why Reinking was in Nashville is still unclear.

UTAH PARENTS KILL THEIR 2 CHILDREN BEFORE THEMSELVES AFTER BELIEVING MOM HAD TERMINAL DISEASE

Pat Warner, Waffle House's director of PR and external affairs, said in a statement to Fox News that members of management are at the Nashville location assisting with the incident. He deferred all other questions to the Metro Nashville Police Department.

1524406221517.jpg

The motive of the shooting remains unclear. (THE TENNESSEAN)

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident. Right now, our first thoughts are with the victims and their families, and we will be there for them in this most difficult time. We are still gathering the details, and so we do not have much information to share," the statement read.

"This is a very sad day for the Waffle House family, and we ask for everyone to keep the victims and their families in their thoughts and prayers," Warner added.

Nashville Mayor David Briley tweeted: "It’s a tragic day for our city anytime people lose their lives at the hands of a gunman. My heart goes out to the families & friends of every person who was killed or wounded in this morning’s shooting. I know all of their lives will be forever changed by this devastating crime."

U.S.

World
Politics

Entertainment
Business

Lifestyle
Science

Tech
Health

TV
About

Other
Fox News
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2018 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. All market data delayed 20 minutes.

Crazy, man...just saw this pop up in my news feed. Fox news don't even describe the suspect as a white male, just a "naked man with short hair"

Hope they catch the son of bi**h within 24 hrs.

Arm the teachers, arm the servers, arm the cooks, arm the pool boy, arm the landscaper. Everything but legislating these rifles.
No amount of random shootings will have me agree to ban AR style rifles... but I think this is good evidence that magazine capacities should be regulated right away. No one needs high capacity mags for sport.

This right down the street from my house. RIP to the victims, this all kinds of messed up. He knew what he was doing cus it’s only black folks that go to that WH

No amount of random shootings will have me agree to ban AR style rifles... but I think this is good evidence that magazine capacities should be regulated right away. No one needs high capacity mags for sport.

good evidence huh?

some feel there is good evidence for the solution you refuse to explore

good evidence huh?

some feel there is good evidence for the solution you refuse to explore

We can agree to disagree on what rights and freedoms you feel people should have.

Lot's of people have strong opinions about gun ownership... you have a much better shot at magazines as a compromise

We can agree to disagree on what rights and freedoms you feel people should have.

oh of course!
that way you get to keep your selfish outlook

fortunately we’re still alive to debate it
something the victims cant do anymore

This right down the street from my house. RIP to the victims, this all kinds of messed up. He knew what he was doing cus it’s only black folks that go to that WH

You see now that you say that. Let's me know home was is trying to start a race war in America. This is like 2nd-3rd time from I recall when a white male shooter goes into a black neighborhood and does a mass killing of black folks. Dylan proof and another one I can't think off. This is nuts ain't nothing safe about being black in America.

How very first world of you.
You know what, I’ll take that. You’re right. In war torn Vietnam where they fight rebel groups, lawless countries in Africa that use it to fight their invaders, boarders of Israel and turkey that are bombed daily, they have a need. In America..... stop.

That guy had an AR15 because.................... it was cool

Back
Top Bottom