56 MPG mandate by 2025 = SCRAPPED BY current EPA

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

you lost for automatically thinking that everything fox news is some horrible, twisted bias, as if no other networks are doing the same. 
QFT

as if you peebrains actually watch da video its actually informative, its not da circus theatrics of bill o' reilly....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
its informative journalism.

you think everyone can afford these expensive new hybrid and electric cars? especially ones that people just dont want? they're gonna be sitting on lots da SECOND opec figures out

da US is trying to pull a fast one and will just lower prices..look what happened to da toyota prius as soon as gas got cheap, it stop selling and started catchin dust.

us americans like big cars, and we love to drive...this country was built on automobile travel.
Expensive hybrid cars? You mean the $23,000 Prius? Yes, that's expensive compared to the cheap "big cars" Americans love to drive. Much more expensive then a 50g corvette, or a 400k Lambo, or a 30k Ford super duty, or a 100k benz. 

laugh.gif
@ ur comparison, gee lets match a hyper exotic thats gonna see 3,000 miles a year TOPS like a lamborghini, then stuffed in a garage and match

it with a car that gonna be on da road till its wheels fall off like a toyota prius....
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

listen bucko...dont forget that da government subsizes those hybrid and electric car purchases and taxing us for it.

rich people are gonna continue to drive what they wanna drive, its us common man thats gonna be forced to either drink that kool-aid from congross on what type of car i should drive with my money or simple tell em "no thanks" and continue to use da cars already on da road.

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

you lost for automatically thinking that everything fox news is some horrible, twisted bias, as if no other networks are doing the same. 
QFT

as if you peebrains actually watch da video its actually informative, its not da circus theatrics of bill o' reilly....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
its informative journalism.

you think everyone can afford these expensive new hybrid and electric cars? especially ones that people just dont want? they're gonna be sitting on lots da SECOND opec figures out

da US is trying to pull a fast one and will just lower prices..look what happened to da toyota prius as soon as gas got cheap, it stop selling and started catchin dust.

us americans like big cars, and we love to drive...this country was built on automobile travel.
Expensive hybrid cars? You mean the $23,000 Prius? Yes, that's expensive compared to the cheap "big cars" Americans love to drive. Much more expensive then a 50g corvette, or a 400k Lambo, or a 30k Ford super duty, or a 100k benz. 

laugh.gif
@ ur comparison, gee lets match a hyper exotic thats gonna see 3,000 miles a year TOPS like a lamborghini, then stuffed in a garage and match

it with a car that gonna be on da road till its wheels fall off like a toyota prius....
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

listen bucko...dont forget that da government subsizes those hybrid and electric car purchases and taxing us for it.

rich people are gonna continue to drive what they wanna drive, its us common man thats gonna be forced to either drink that kool-aid from congross on what type of car i should drive with my money or simple tell em "no thanks" and continue to use da cars already on da road.

however, for people that NEED cars (aka da rest of da country) if jobs are eliminated because of more political garbage its gonna look ugly...you gonna have people moving in stuffy cities because all da manufacturing jobs left are gonna be outsourced overseas.

look no further then da city of Detroit to see what happens when jobs are killed because of Washington.

explain?

however, for people that NEED cars (aka da rest of da country) if jobs are eliminated because of more political garbage its gonna look ugly...you gonna have people moving in stuffy cities because all da manufacturing jobs left are gonna be outsourced overseas.

look no further then da city of Detroit to see what happens when jobs are killed because of Washington.

explain?

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

what US GOVT is really trying to do is force the initiative of electric cars

and you dont see a problem with this?

you dont FORCE something that da market isn't isnt ready for, da technology isn't available yet, and simply that people just dont want.

with gas being high or low, you know whats da number 1 selling car in da US? da Ford F series...you can't Force people to buy things they dont want.

if they REALLY wanted high MPG then diesel versions of cars we see on da road via europe would've BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN available in da US.

you dont FORCE something that da market isn't isnt ready for, da technology isn't available yet, and simply that people just dont want.

with gas being high or low, you know whats da number 1 selling car in da US? da Ford F series...you can't Force people to buy things they dont want.

if they REALLY wanted high MPG then diesel versions of cars we see on da road via europe would've BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN available in da US.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Did you really link us to Fox News and expect us to take you seriously?

I've seen this dude ninjahood cite yahoo answers, craigslist, and urbandictionary for his arguments against gay marriage.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Its funny because its true.

Diesel fuel =/= Electricity

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Did you really link us to Fox News and expect us to take you seriously?

I've seen this dude ninjahood cite yahoo answers, craigslist, and urbandictionary for his arguments against gay marriage.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Its funny because its true.

Diesel fuel =/= Electricity

lot of us dudes gonna be like 40+ by 2025 tho

maybe we wont care about cars how we do now.
grin.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

explain?
why do you think US automakers dont make US cars in da states, only trucks? why do you think da auto makers in da US abandoned detroit? da government has made it so expensive to operate and do business here that they rather do it overseas.

laugh.gif
@ folks that think we're running outta gas ANYTIME soon.....

Originally Posted by offbad

explain?
why do you think US automakers dont make US cars in da states, only trucks? why do you think da auto makers in da US abandoned detroit? da government has made it so expensive to operate and do business here that they rather do it overseas.

laugh.gif
@ folks that think we're running outta gas ANYTIME soon.....

laugh.gif
 shouldnt have messed with Kadof kadafi seriously they arent americans obama had no right to stick his nose where it didnt belong, dude is from chicago he should have learned 2 mind his own buisness not that anyone in chicago knew him before election that dont make sense nobody remembers him from chikdhood or gradeschool in chicago? dudes a robot,
now we suffer from this ,and now im never getting that esco and a hybrid esco is a no go
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 shouldnt have messed with Kadof kadafi seriously they arent americans obama had no right to stick his nose where it didnt belong, dude is from chicago he should have learned 2 mind his own buisness not that anyone in chicago knew him before election that dont make sense nobody remembers him from chikdhood or gradeschool in chicago? dudes a robot,
now we suffer from this ,and now im never getting that esco and a hybrid esco is a no go
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

grin.gif
and you believe that? there's a reason OG muscle cars are around is because people like me 30-40 years ago saw what was going on and kept da 70's chargers, road runners, chevelles, skylarks, camaros, mustangs etc. when da 80's brung that wave of TRASH
laugh.gif

go to a muscle car show, its all older gentlemen with their kids enjoying da old school when things were made here in America, and da common man could afford a great powerful V8 muscle car, and ain't have to sorry about imports cuz our cars were THAT good.

grin.gif
and you believe that? there's a reason OG muscle cars are around is because people like me 30-40 years ago saw what was going on and kept da 70's chargers, road runners, chevelles, skylarks, camaros, mustangs etc. when da 80's brung that wave of TRASH
laugh.gif

go to a muscle car show, its all older gentlemen with their kids enjoying da old school when things were made here in America, and da common man could afford a great powerful V8 muscle car, and ain't have to sorry about imports cuz our cars were THAT good.

Originally Posted by ricky409

NYC isnt da rest of da US...having a car in NY is a luxury, cuz we honestly dont need em to function normally, especially in manhattan where there's more "NO STANDING" signs then people it seems.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why their will be less jobs is cause it would cost the US too much to make these cars in the country and so the work is outsourced?

So to correct this they would have to pay their workers more and then charge more for a car?

I don't see the problem with this, especially if we invest in better tech to beef up non-combustible engines. If the car is truly reliable and gets 60 mpg or more then I would be saving in the long run due to not having to buy another car for a long time, and due to not having to buy gas.

People will always be buying cars, think of all the 15 yr olds that are turning 16 tomorrow. How many of them want to buy a car?

In the end THIS is what I'm talking about. Invest in tech and science because it controls our future. Car will be too expensive to make? What a cop-out. Well why don't we spend some of that bail out money to find A BETTER WAY TO MAKE CARS!?

If we invest in smart things to secure our future we will be okay in, the future. They need to stop complaining and sticking to old values "that made this country what it is" and learn to move on and adapt. There will always be money to make and ways to get it; so if that is all they are concerned about then they should be finding a more efficient way to make cars and then there would be no problem. They can keep all the same workers and jobs, etc... but now they have a futuristic way to make reliable and cheap cars, and can sell them for a reasonable profit.

Again, just to reiterate to fix your money and job problems we should invest in tech and science, invest in learning to build cars more efficiently and train all the current workers on how to use that tech.

Originally Posted by ricky409

NYC isnt da rest of da US...having a car in NY is a luxury, cuz we honestly dont need em to function normally, especially in manhattan where there's more "NO STANDING" signs then people it seems.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why their will be less jobs is cause it would cost the US too much to make these cars in the country and so the work is outsourced?

So to correct this they would have to pay their workers more and then charge more for a car?

I don't see the problem with this, especially if we invest in better tech to beef up non-combustible engines. If the car is truly reliable and gets 60 mpg or more then I would be saving in the long run due to not having to buy another car for a long time, and due to not having to buy gas.

People will always be buying cars, think of all the 15 yr olds that are turning 16 tomorrow. How many of them want to buy a car?

In the end THIS is what I'm talking about. Invest in tech and science because it controls our future. Car will be too expensive to make? What a cop-out. Well why don't we spend some of that bail out money to find A BETTER WAY TO MAKE CARS!?

If we invest in smart things to secure our future we will be okay in, the future. They need to stop complaining and sticking to old values "that made this country what it is" and learn to move on and adapt. There will always be money to make and ways to get it; so if that is all they are concerned about then they should be finding a more efficient way to make cars and then there would be no problem. They can keep all the same workers and jobs, etc... but now they have a futuristic way to make reliable and cheap cars, and can sell them for a reasonable profit.

Again, just to reiterate to fix your money and job problems we should invest in tech and science, invest in learning to build cars more efficiently and train all the current workers on how to use that tech.

grin.gif
laugh.gif

nah man i wasnt serious
but basically a charger wit da hemi now would be an investment for the future if kept in pristine condition huh ninja?

grin.gif
laugh.gif

nah man i wasnt serious
but basically a charger wit da hemi now would be an investment for the future if kept in pristine condition huh ninja?

grin.gif

And companies like BMW are trying to build those super-efficient high HP cars.  I don't have the numbers but I'm pretty sure we did not make significant improvements in MPG the last 20 years.  I'm sure car companies can improve when they are forced to while limiting price increase.  This a big step forward to reducing foreign dependence for oil.

Back
Top Bottom