52% of Young Adults (18-29) Live W/ Their Parents: The Highest Rate Ever Surpassing Even the Great Depression

If living at home is cheaper than with roommates? I don't see why not unless their parents and/or household are impacting their mental health.

My first roommate was arguably just as bad as me living in the same house as my parents. In retrospect I probably would've had a better time living with my parents rent free than spending $950/month to live with an irresponsible basket case.

I think it's more so about freedom and being able to do as you please in your own confines

Parties, chicks, guest, cleaning up....

and not having to answer to anyone.

Last edited:
I don't live in Canada but from what I have read, it is just as bad if not worse.

Canadian housing market is ******. A lot of international buyers coming in and taking up everything. On top of that, these wealthy dudes are sending their kids to top-ranked Canadian universities as international students, and having them live in condo's. You see this happening often in Toronto and Vancouver.

It's also pretty ****** up when 75% of your country's population lives in ONE city (Toronto)

Kids would rather live with their parents than get together as roommates?

That's interesting how things have changed. I had roommates until I could afford to live alone.

Roommates definitely ain't for everyone. I learned that in college. I'm kind of a neat/organized person so when I saw how these dudes lived after a couple weeks in our off campus apartment I wanted to throw hands. Zero regard for anyone else.

I still work with people who move the same way in the break room, bathroom, lunch quarters so I can only imagine what their cribs look like.

ANYTHING is better than living with parents... maybe because I don’t get along with my mother or father. I know it can be different for others.
Im not saying this is your case, but sometimes….mfers just gotta grow up. Sometimes it isn’t everyone else, its you.

Roommates definitely ain't for everyone. I learned that in college. I'm kind of a neat/organized person so when I saw how these dudes lived after a couple weeks in our off campus apartment I wanted to throw hands. Zero regard for anyone else.

I still work with people who move the same way in the break room, bathroom, lunch quarters so I can only imagine what their cribs look like.

I used to tell my friends, the best way to get to know how clean a bish is, is to check out her place and how she lives. Also, check out her bathroom. If you see dirty stuff all around like loose hairs, toiletry not up to par or even moldy/dingy towels and tiles---Run the **** away.

***** got a stank box.

Another quick way is to see how her toes/feet look. If they look dusty with chipped nail polish--run away.

First week of living with my first roommate he got drunk and told me that he was obsessed with the thought of killing himself, but swore he wasn't suicidal. He also told me about all of his fem-dom fantasies and how he wanted to be pegged by a woman much bigger than him.

Finished off my beer, hit him with this, and went back to my room:

I think it's more so about freedom and being able to do as you please in your own confines

Parties, chicks, guest cleaning up....

and not having to answer to anyone.

I’m lowkey WeeBey off the wire too. Fish tank, terrarium, got a couple snakes, dogs, etc. I love animals and some people don’t understand it so, I need my own space

My roommate NEVER washed dishes or cleaned the bathroom. I didn’t want a roommate anyway but, had no choice. I can’t live with a filthy person.

First week of living with my first roommate he got drunk and told me that he was obsessed with the thought of killing himself, but swore he wasn't suicidal. He also told me about all of his fem-dom fantasies and how he wanted to be pegged by a woman much bigger than him.

Finished off my beer, hit him with this, and went back to my room:

Thanks for not judging me too badly man, you were one of the best roommates I ever had

Canadian housing market is ****ed. A lot of international buyers coming in and taking up everything. On top of that, these wealthy dudes are sending their kids to top-ranked Canadian universities as international students, and having them live in condo's. You see this happening often in Toronto and Vancouver.

It's also pretty ****ed up when 75% of your country's population lives in ONE city (Toronto)
It’s nowhere close to 75% lol

Greater Toronto Area is ~6M

Population of Canada is ~38M

It is housing cost. Especially in big cities

And we have these situations because in most places it is damn near illegal to build more housing because of exclusionary zoning.

The US has a lot of bad housing policies beyond zoning too.

Add to that, incumbent homeowner see their homes as an investment so they undercut projects to build more housing. When you add racism and general nimbyism, the situation is spiraling out of control

People will come in here and try to make it a personal responsibility thing, but it really isn't. This thing is squeezing folk from three generations now. Progressively getting worse.

This situation is fixable but I am afraid it will not get fixed of how much veto power homeowners have and how many people of all different backgrounds and beliefs, kill new housing developments and think they are doing good.

This country is short million of housing units. Especially apartments, we need to get building.
The wild thing is there is already alotta building going on but anything new is “luxury” and they taxing on the rent…They stopped building places for poor/regular folks in like the 80’s, and even those old buildings cost more than they should :smh:

Informative thread. The unwritten rule is buy or pay low and sell high. Wonder why there's so much disproportion or imbalance? It's something like that.

Informative thread. The unwritten rule is buy or pay low and sell high. Wonder why there's so much disproportion or imbalance? It's something like that.

.... Because they’re trying to build everything “luxury” and everyone doesn’t have luxury money.

... that’s why you see so many vacant hi-end apartments and whatnot

Canadian housing market is ****ed. A lot of international buyers coming in and taking up everything. On top of that, these wealthy dudes are sending their kids to top-ranked Canadian universities as international students, and having them live in condo's. You see this happening often in Toronto and Vancouver.

It's also pretty ****ed up when 75% of your country's population lives in ONE city (Toronto)

The international buyer thing is totally fake news.

we are not building enough housing to keep up with supply, any explanation to the contrary is just excuse making.
if you got rid of every single international buyer we'd be in the same situation.

We have an election going on now and all the candidates have seized on this "limiting foreign byers"

it's just xenophobia
to distract from the fact that all of the political parties don't really want to do what it takes to build more housing.

do not be fooled.
I legit can't keep track of your views on this policy :lol:

So you don't like the ban now?

Last edited:
and the constant repetition of this myth that there are just tons of totally empty condo towers, where Chinese millionaires park there money.

If you are a Chinese billionaire, why the **** would you not collect rent in one of the most expensive cities in the world???
it's dumb.

it's just "ignore the fact that we don't want to build more housing and focus on the scary foreigners!!!"

Some folks just want basic housing. But America makes it damn near impossible. With that building collapse here in Florida, they’re forcing tenants out of apartments because of the fear it may happen again.

In Florida, they overcharge for some of the most rancid, dilapidated places. It ain’t funny

I legit can't keep track of your views on this policy :lol:

In a vacuum limiting foreign investment is fine (I guess.)

but when political parties frame as the headline silver bullet, while offering a bunch of BS half measures on the real problem which is supply.

to me it's just xenophobia to distract from the fact that they don't want to fix the problem.

In a vacuum limiting foreign investment is fine (I guess.)

but when political parties frame as the headline silver bullet, while offering a bunch of BS half measures on the real problem which is supply.

to me it's just xenophobia to distract from the fact that they don't want to fix the problem.
Oh, ok, I gotcha now

Pretty much agree

************* will tie themselves into knots just not to face the hard reality of the situation. And the hard reality is we need more housing units built. Everything that doesn't address that hard fact is most likely just a distraction.

Oh, ok, I gotcha now

Pretty much agree

Mother****ers will tie themselves into knots just not to face the hard reality of the situation. And the hard reality is we need more housing units built. Everything that doesn't address that hard fact is most likely just a distraction.

Knock down some of these vacant plazas, malls, etc. with a lot companies now realizing they don’t need brick and mortar buildings and converting to online, they can build more apartments or homes in these areas.

Back
Top Bottom