50 Cent delays Street King Immortal album indefinetely

Can't really agree on DMX (musically) falling off faster than 50. DMX had 5 good to veeerrrrrry good albums, 1 mediocre one, and one I didn't care to listen to. 50 has an arguable classic, a very good one, a filler induced one (maybe 4 good tracks at the most), and a brick.

I never said faster , check my og post I said he fell of harder than 50 there's a difference.

50 can still get verses with an artist like Kendrick lamar and even put out a halfway decent record.

Dmx can barely have a normal conversation, let alone put out a record anymore. As I type this he might be in a straight jacket foaming at the mouth or gettin arrested with rocks :smh:.

50 is pretty wack now minus a couple records I like, but DMX is absolutely dead...I'm talking 6 feet under.

What's worse being wack or dead :lol: ?

Tay1 the massacre was a good album imo, couple wack sexy thug tracks but it wasnt hot garbage as a whole.

Ahhh, actually thought you said faster, my bad. I still think it's kinda the same though. DMX is practically not a rapper anymore, but I'm sure if you put on a good beat, he could go in the studio. 50 basically has all the resources at his disposal, yet continuously strikes out.

Nelly is like Flo Rida now, he might not be able to sell records, but he has a couple of hit singles and collaborations with a bunch of downloads

That's all I care about...

Like he said...if I can't get money with you then **** you...dude burned so many bridges he had to be a fool to not see this coming. 

The same guy who treated the 48 Laws of Power like his Bible...but he didn't pay attention to the reversals.

underrated comment right here

BISD was a good album though, at least he left us with some good stuff...Sad hearing this, I met dude in Austin back in April, real cool down to earth cat

this is a pretty interesting article by Vibe regarding Street King Immortal

50 Cent is not going to release his fifth album, Street King Immortal, anytime soon. Even though he's been working on it since 2010—and even though he hasn't released a proper album since 2009's Before I Self Destruct—he is in absolutely no rush to put his next project out. "I don't really need the money off of the record," he told MTV late last week. "I want the record to be right. I'm not doing it without a plan; I'm not putting it out like that." That has us worried. If Fif waits much longer, he might be forced to shelve the album forever. Even worse, he might be forced into an early retirement, because it's a tall task to disappear from the rap game for more than five years and then make a comeback. That got us to thinking about how much we don't want to see 50 fade into obscurity. He'll always have his business deals and his side projects, so we'll obviously still hear from him if he stops making music. But we don't want 50 to remove himself entirely from the music industry just yet. Here are the 5 reasons Fif should stick around.

Reason #1: 50 Cent currently has more than four years of his life to share with the world. There's a definite downside to waiting four years between albums, especially when it comes to rap. Because the rap world moves so quickly—and because rap fans are so fickle—rappers get forgotten about when they disappear for one or two years, much less four or five. So 50 waiting four years between albums can be perceived as a bad thing. But it can also be perceived as a good thing, because it means he has a lot to talk about right now. From the problems that he's run into with his G-Unit artists to his personal issues with his son and his son's mother, 50 has plenty of things to address on Street King Immortal. And he shouldn't walk away from the game without addressing them.

Reason #2: Despite long layoffs between albums, guys like Juicy J are proving that rappers can revitalize their careers—provided they can make a hit record. A few years ago, did anyone think that Juicy J would be putting out a solo project—an anticipated solo project—in 2013? Probably not. But he's getting ready to do it in August, thanks to the success of songs like "Bandz A Make Her Dance." All 50 Cent needs to get back into the game is one hit record. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy for him to find one. But it does mean that it's possible for him to make a comeback with the right song.

Reason #3: No one else on G-Unit Records is releasing albums right now. Quick, name the last rapper who put out a project on G-Unit Records. You can't think of any, can you? That's because you have to go alllllll the way back to November 2010 to Lloyd Banks' album, H.F.M. 2 (The Hunger for More), to find an official G-Unit release. All of the G-Unit artists are to blame for the lack of production. But as the boss, 50 deserves most of the blame for the G-Unit drought. But he currently has the power to change things around. So he should be the one to revamp the G-Unit Records name by putting out a project.

Reason #4: 50 Cent still has all the industry connections he needs to make a great album. When most rappers fall off, it's the result of them falling out of touch with those who helped make them hot in the first place. But in 50's case, he still has lots of connections within the rap world. From Dr. Dre and Eminem to Swizz Beatz and Snoop Dogg, 50 knows people who could help him make his next album great. So it seems foolish to turn down the opportunity to work with those people over the next year or so in order to make a great album. 50 just needs to humble himself, make some calls to the right people, and get it done.

Reason #5: We don't want Before I Self Destruct to be the final image that we have of 50 Cent, the rapper.
There were a handful of songs on Before I Self Destruct—including "So Disrespectful," "Psycho," and "OK You're Right"—that were solid. But there was also a lot of filler on the album, and there weren't any singles that we really loved. So if 50 Cent is going to go out, we want him to go out stronger than that. Even if he doesn't release a platinum-selling album, we want his fifth effort to be as close to Get Rich or Die Tryin' as he can get it. That won't easy, and we realize that we're placing high expectations on him. But this is 50 Cent—one of the biggest, baddest, best rappers of the last 15 years—that we're talking about. So before he bows out of the rap game once and for all, we want him to release something that cements his legacy. We'll be waiting, 50…

http://www.vibe.com/photo-gallery/5...?page=6&_suid=1374116336159023039729283977756

Honestly he has so much money that he can just sit on Twitter and talk **** to people all day long.

But then again, I have all four albums and a fifth would be a nice collection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom