5 Million People Cut Their Cable Subscription Off

Still trying to figure out why these sports networks haven't marketed heavy on boxes like Chromecast and Roku

dropped my cable earlier....best decision....very easy to get what you want on the internet if you search hard enough

f comcast

I mean... Half of the channels they offer, the average human doesn't even watch. 

Basic TV got it all... 

Except Espn...and Tnt.... and nbatv....and...

Disconnected my FIOS once my contract expired.... Between work, and pledging, I really didnt have time to be home and watch tv,so it was no need paying for it. For sports, usually my Frat Brothers have something or I go to a Sports Bar.... Worse case scenario Im at the gym and the game or something is on...

With Hulu and Netflix I can watch a show or movie......

It may change, but for now Im content with having no cable....

This is going to eventually happen as the years go by. Eventually, they will one day put a cap on how much data you can use in your home internet.

The ball has already been rolling for this.

http://consumerist.com/2012/12/04/t...wide-though-we-have-no-idea-why-youd-want-it/

There is going to come a time that you are going to have to pay $$$$$ in download cap to mess with things like torrents and newsgroups. I imagine people who stream netflix and hulu solely will feel it as well.

I can't think of a go around from that if/when this becomes nationwide.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get rid of my cable in the new year, but I need a converter box or whatever it is and antenna to get the regular channels.
Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance.

I'm looking to get rid of my cable in the new year, but I need a converter box or whatever it is and antenna to get the regular channels.
Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance.

Any major retailer that sells tvs will have what you need. Which is a digital tv antenna(as well as a dta convertor box if you have a television that can only receive an analog transmission). I highly suggest you read reviews before you purchase one.

Best buy has a really cheap indoor one that's gotten better reviews than much more expensive indoor models.

This is the one im referring to: Amazon product ASIN B000HKGK8Y. Best buy sells them for around $10, the model # should be "ant111".

Also, look up how to maximize your reception on Google as it can make a HUGE difference. Here's a solid guide. If you go indoor having it face a window( as oppose to a wall) is best.

Here is a website where you can enter your location and it will show you how far the broadcast towers are from you and in what direction(s).

I quite like mine, just wish ESPN was free so I could watch Monday night football.

Last edited:
Good I hope they lose more people so they can change the way things are now.

I have Fios now and it is much better than Time Warner was I'll tell you that.

Your avy, bro.

:pimp:

I agree that they will raise other services to make their money though.

You don't want to pay for cable anymore, but want high speed Internet well then pay even more for that.

These companies will make their money either way...bahlee dat pleighboi

This is going to eventually happen as the years go by. Eventually, they will one day put a cap on how much data you can use in your home internet.

The ball has already been rolling for this.

http://consumerist.com/2012/12/04/t...wide-though-we-have-no-idea-why-youd-want-it/

There is going to come a time that you are going to have to pay $$$$$ in download cap to mess with things like torrents and newsgroups. I imagine people who stream netflix and hulu solely will feel it as well.

I can't think of a go around from that if/when this becomes nationwide.

Comcast already does this ..... Well atleast where I live

:lol: I can't watch TV shows on laptops no more. I work on or with computers 8 hours a day. The hell I look going home to hop back on a laptop?

Well u look at your tv. Same thing a screen

Last edited:
For real. Comcast got me on some horrible deal where they said I could only pay $10 more to get basic cable and the basic cable is horrible. I don't get ESPN, TNT, MTV or any other cable networks that I thought was in the package. Worst of all the $10 is practically $20 with a fee, so before I was paying $50 a month and now I am paying close to $80.

Haha sucka basic cable is free anyway with Internet

You cant watch anything tho. Not for free. I downloaded it like 3 weeks ago and couldn't see anything.

Yes u can I watch football NBA and baseball on it amongst other things just need Xbox gold membership

Last edited:
this isn't widely reported, but HBO is experimenting with the subscription based service. they would make a killing if they launched this en masse. i personally don't watch tv, i only need internet for all my news and media. catch my shows on internet and i got netflix. also im on my ps3 steez so >D.

-Are you talking about the internet packages that Comcast and Cox offer with HBO included and 20 local channels? That's nice but you're still over paying for the internet

You cant watch anything tho. Not for free. I downloaded it like 3 weeks ago and couldn't see anything.
u\\\

you gotta know someone with cable and punch in they info

That's what I did. Without cable the only thing I can't get is my local sports on FSN Bucks/Brewers, TNT NBA, and Thursday night NFL.

My brother and I split Internet that's $50 total
He pays for Netflix and I pay for Hulu Plus $16 total
Free ESPN
Free NFL

$66 total as opposed to $100 a month paying for Cable and Internet. Cable that doesn't allow everything to be on demand like Hulu, Netflix. The ESPN app lets you watch literally everything on demand too. Replays of all College, NBA games, bits from shows likes First Take, PTI, NFL Live, Sportcenter, ect.

Missing my local sports and NHL is slightly a killer but not worth $44 extra. Especially with how the Bucks are. I'd rather watch them tank from the box score.

Back
Top Bottom