48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

no, it isnt lol. it would be 12.

((4*5) -(4*2))
(20 -
glasses.gif

I like your choice of answering only CERTAIN questions while overlooking the vast amount of reasonable proof i have presented and example problems that cearly show how equations should be evaluated.

because you can't even be debated with anymore

if you can't see that 36÷4(5-2)+6 has 3 seperate terms than i dont know what i can do for you

a  ÷ b +  c

36= a
4(5-2)=b
6= c
so you are saying that any problem similar to that in this entire pdf is worked out wrong?

http://www.oceanic.name/m...attachment.php?attId=362

And your proof that implied multiplication is based off soley of 1 website outweighs the numerous sources i have cited? Give it a break you cant even find ONE example proving your point where I can provide HUNDREDS.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

no, it isnt lol. it would be 12.

((4*5) -(4*2))
(20 -
glasses.gif

I like your choice of answering only CERTAIN questions while overlooking the vast amount of reasonable proof i have presented and example problems that cearly show how equations should be evaluated.

because you can't even be debated with anymore

if you can't see that 36÷4(5-2)+6 has 3 seperate terms than i dont know what i can do for you

a  ÷ b +  c

36= a
4(5-2)=b
6= c
so you are saying that any problem similar to that in this entire pdf is worked out wrong?

http://www.oceanic.name/m...attachment.php?attId=362

And your proof that implied multiplication is based off soley of 1 website outweighs the numerous sources i have cited? Give it a break you cant even find ONE example proving your point where I can provide HUNDREDS.

^ u havent answered my question. Where in PEMDAS is the distributive property? the whole point is your not using the distributive property here.

^ u havent answered my question. Where in PEMDAS is the distributive property? the whole point is your not using the distributive property here.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The distributive property does not apply! Why is that so hard to understand???
30t6p3b.gif

how else are you supposed to explain pots of gold at the end of rainbows without leprechauns?

30t6p3b.gif

how else are you supposed to explain pots of gold at the end of rainbows without leprechauns?

30t6p3b.gif

What are you talking about? Please list an example where it doesn't apply.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by yungchris504

30t6p3b.gif

Distributive property only applies to issues where it is something like 2(a+x) in this situation the parenthesis doesnt contain variables but numbers. The term has to be evaluated to 2(12) first before you can even apply any theorem towards it.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

30t6p3b.gif

Distributive property only applies to issues where it is something like 2(a+x) in this situation the parenthesis doesnt contain variables but numbers. The term has to be evaluated to 2(12) first before you can even apply any theorem towards it.

And I believe those who are confused with the distribution of a number or if it is multiplied I believe that the sign indicates this so:

(a) (a) / (b) x ( c-d) is not (a) / b(c-d)

if there is no sign in front of the parenthesis it indicates that this value was factored out and needs to be distributed.

And I believe those who are confused with the distribution of a number or if it is multiplied I believe that the sign indicates this so:

(a) (a) / (b) x ( c-d) is not (a) / b(c-d)

if there is no sign in front of the parenthesis it indicates that this value was factored out and needs to be distributed.

Back
Top Bottom