$355 MILLION: Mega Millions lottery jackpot second-biggest of all time

good luck everyone
i am overseas = no lotto

always dreamed of hitting the lotto as a kid...

I'd have a few raffles on NT and like someone said pay meth to have RULER OF NT under my avy
laugh.gif

good luck everyone
i am overseas = no lotto

always dreamed of hitting the lotto as a kid...

I'd have a few raffles on NT and like someone said pay meth to have RULER OF NT under my avy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Those odds are wrong because they pit you against other people that played.

When in reality you're only against the Lottery, so the odds are A WHOLE LOT WORSE, and can't be calculated until there's an actual winner.

Wha? Isnt it just off combinations of numbers?
The odds just got better because you only need $4,831,612 to make every possible number combination. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
devil.gif

Bro, that's wayyyyy off.

Numbers 1-52 for the first 5 and 1-46 for the Mega Number. And since the numbers don't repeat the odds look like this:

52 x 51 x 50 x 49 x 48 x 46 = 14,346,269,200

So the odds of guaranteeing victory are 1 in 14,346,259,200.

When in reality you're only against the Lottery, so the odds are A WHOLE LOT WORSE, and can't be calculated until there's an actual winner.

The odds just got better because you only need $4,831,612 to make every possible number combination. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
devil.gif

Bro, that's wayyyyy off.

Numbers 1-52 for the first 5 and 1-46 for the Mega Number. And since the numbers don't repeat the odds look like this:

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

roll.gif
roll.gif
devil.gif

Bro, that's wayyyyy off.

Isnt the Mega Millions out of 56? Plus for the Mega Number you have to get it in the actual Mega Number spot which will make your odds alot worse. Which i am willing to bet is the number on the odds chart.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

roll.gif
roll.gif
devil.gif

Bro, that's wayyyyy off.

Isnt the Mega Millions out of 56? Plus for the Mega Number you have to get it in the actual Mega Number spot which will make your odds alot worse. Which i am willing to bet is the number on the odds chart.

I might sound really dumb here, but I've never played before.. Thought I'd do it up for the first time on NYE.
Can someone explain how the +%*% works? Someone mentioned the numbers don't have to be in order? And when you actually purchase the tix... You buy any amount of tickets you're willing to pay for in order to receive multiple number combinations?

I might sound really dumb here, but I've never played before.. Thought I'd do it up for the first time on NYE.
Can someone explain how the +%*% works? Someone mentioned the numbers don't have to be in order? And when you actually purchase the tix... You buy any amount of tickets you're willing to pay for in order to receive multiple number combinations?

Originally Posted by brandnew21

you can do it 1 of 2 ways

grab a slip and pick your own numbers or tell them you want a "quick pick" which will randomly generate a set a numbers for you-
it's $1 a play...you can get as many as you want with different numbers

as far as the order thing- they get put into numerical order regardless...when the drawing comes out its "random" but then put into order...your playing to match the numbers to what gets drawn...if you had to pick an order 2 the jackpots would prob reach billions cause the odds would be ******ed-

i'm feeling real lucky after some stuff that happened on xmas...might start the new year off RIGHT 
pimp.gif

grab a slip and pick your own numbers or tell them you want a "quick pick" which will randomly generate a set a numbers for you-

as far as the order thing- they get put into numerical order regardless...when the drawing comes out its "random" but then put into order...your playing to match the numbers to what gets drawn...if you had to pick an order 2 the jackpots would prob reach billions cause the odds would be ******ed-

i'm feeling real lucky after some stuff that happened on xmas...might start the new year off RIGHT 
pimp.gif

damn, 242... it would be all gravy train..

id help out some people off the top but you dont stay rich by giving money away. i wouldnt start my real "looking out" phase until i set up some things to get this money perculating.

Im leaving my hometown for a couple months aswell, the thirst from new "friends"would be overwhelming lol

oh yeah...let me get that rapide playboy and that db9 incase im feeling coupish

damn, 242... it would be all gravy train..

id help out some people off the top but you dont stay rich by giving money away. i wouldnt start my real "looking out" phase until i set up some things to get this money perculating.

Im leaving my hometown for a couple months aswell, the thirst from new "friends"would be overwhelming lol

oh yeah...let me get that rapide playboy and that db9 incase im feeling coupish

Originally Posted by Kingtre

pimp.gif

ok cool, thanks

Originally Posted by Kingtre

pimp.gif

ok cool, thanks

Almost forgot, heading out to get my ticket for today, bought 1 yesterday already

whats the pay out looking like over time vs lump sum? 

Back
Top Bottom