3 Thugs beat up man in road rage fight caught on tape

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Jerry Patterson, the Palmdale man who was thrown to the ground and kicked in the head during a freeway fight recently captured on video, has been arrested on an outstanding warrant stemming from an earlier roadside confrontation, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The 49-year-old man failed to appear in court for a June 6 arraignment.

His bond was forfeited and Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Chet L. Taylor issued a bench warrant for $50,000.

Patterson was arrested Thursday morning in Altadena and booked at the Crescenta Valley Sheriff's Station, according to the CHP.

CHP confirmed Patterson was involved both in a May 25 confrontation and the highly publicized June 12 road-rage incident on the side of the 5 Freeway at Seventh Street in Los Angeles.

Video published recently online showed Patterson stopped along the southbound 5 Freeway, shouting with three other men on June 12. The altercation turned violent, and two of the men beat Patterson until he was motionless on the ground.

In an interview Wednesday, Patterson acknowledged he accidentally cut off the other vehicle, eventually leading to the road-rage confrontation. He also told NBC4 he suffered a concussion as a result of the incident, which garnered mainstream attention following multiple news reports.

Suspects Edras Ramirez, 27, and David Mendez, 21, later turned themselves in and are scheduled for arraignment on Friday.

Patterson's arrest on Thursday stems from an outstanding warrant from a May 25 arrest, according to the CHP.

Following a hit-and-run collision at Corona Avenue and the Toledo in Long Beach, witness James Poole said he followed Patterson to the 200 block of La Verne.

Patterson pulled over and the two began arguing, said Poole of Belmont Shore.

"I wouldn't let him get back in his car. First I demanded his driver license number and a lot of people started seeing us yelling and screaming at each other. I was looking at his driver license when he hit me," Poole said.

"The three things I do recall he said during our discussion was the fact that he saved millions of Americans' live, he's on a mission with the FBI, and to let him go," Poole said.

He was booked on suspicion of DUI, hit and run and battery, according to the full police report.

Patterson has not responded to NBC4's request for comment.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47910657

Jerry-Patterson.jpg

I feel kinda bad for him now. He looked young to me in the video. Father Time caught up with him on that day.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the ppl saying dude looked like a nice guy. He out here doing this multiple times. FOH with he accidentally cut somebody off. DUIs, hit and runs, c'mon man

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mission with the FBI?

It's safe to say now he deserved that %+% whooping.

I will say he did look younger in the vid.

Just be smart about it. Stop in the middle of the road, drake playing in the background and recording haha.

Atgd beat me to it. I was also going to address the fact that ppl were saying that he looked like a nice guy. Agent Smith: As we all know. Appearances can be decieving.

The guy should of done what I have done a few times when being outnumbered. Avoid fighting knowing it wont be a fair fight but go out hollering and threatening to make a call to get back up (all while backing up and getting the hell out of there). Another angle would be to walk to your trunk and talk about getting your equalizer (and hoping they dont have a real weapon).

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

And people don't believe in Karma?
When you constantly put yourself in the situation this man puts himself in you're bound to take Ls. I'm sure this wasn't his first one and technically he just took two in a row.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by kdawg

What sort of idiot approaches someone who has just been badly beaten around the head and tries to lift them up.

The first lesson of helping an injured person is don't make them worse. He could have been paralysed by their stupidity.
That and he lost the fight once he started kicking.

So. In essence, don't ever do anything to help a stranger. Because we are in a sue happy country where you might get sued for helping? K.And this is LA. dude shud have got the information and dipped.

I don't mind a fight but kicking a man in his face while he's down is the ultimate $@! move. SMH 

Originally Posted by twizzi

the guys that recorded instead of helping are pieces of ++%$...those are the people that give everyone a bad name...
30t6p3b.gif

This.

People are too worried about e-fame.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Jerry Patterson, the Palmdale man who was thrown to the ground and kicked in the head during a freeway fight recently captured on video, has been arrested on an outstanding warrant stemming from an earlier roadside confrontation, according to the California Highway Patrol.

His bond was forfeited and Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Chet L. Taylor issued a bench warrant for $50,000.

Patterson was arrested Thursday morning in Altadena and booked at the Crescenta Valley Sheriff's Station, according to the CHP.

CHP confirmed Patterson was involved both in a May 25 confrontation and the highly publicized June 12 road-rage incident on the side of the 5 Freeway at Seventh Street in Los Angeles.

Video published recently online showed Patterson stopped along the southbound 5 Freeway, shouting with three other men on June 12. The altercation turned violent, and two of the men beat Patterson until he was motionless on the ground.

In an interview Wednesday, Patterson acknowledged he accidentally cut off the other vehicle, eventually leading to the road-rage confrontation. He also told NBC4 he suffered a concussion as a result of the incident, which garnered mainstream attention following multiple news reports.

Suspects Edras Ramirez, 27, and David Mendez, 21, later turned themselves in and are scheduled for arraignment on Friday.

Patterson's arrest on Thursday stems from an outstanding warrant from a May 25 arrest, according to the CHP.

Following a hit-and-run collision at Corona Avenue and the Toledo in Long Beach, witness James Poole said he followed Patterson to the 200 block of La Verne.

"I wouldn't let him get back in his car. First I demanded his driver license number and a lot of people started seeing us yelling and screaming at each other. I was looking at his driver license when he hit me," Poole said.

"The three things I do recall he said during our discussion was the fact that he saved millions of Americans' live, he's on a mission with the FBI, and to let him go," Poole said.

He was booked on suspicion of DUI, hit and run and battery, according to the full police report.

Jerry-Patterson.jpg

I feel kinda bad for him now. He looked young to me in the video. Father Time caught up with him on that day.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the ppl saying dude looked like a nice guy. He out here doing this multiple times. FOH with he accidentally cut somebody off. DUIs, hit and runs, c'mon man

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mission with the FBI?

*@+ did I just read? 
laugh.gif
 On a mission what?

can't get mad at the dudes filming...one thing you don't do is jump in somebody elses %!#@....you know how many people have been killed or got the %!#@ beaten outta them for breaking up fights

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

can't get mad at the dudes filming...one thing you don't do is jump in somebody elses %!#@....you know how many people have been killed or got the %!#@ beaten outta them for breaking up fights
June 2nd I tried to break up a fight my guy was in, he was getting moved on by 3 dudes, I came in laced one, got separated by security was walking away and someone snuffed me while not looking, straight sucker punch and broke my cheek and nose. was 1/2 inch away from needing a metal plate in my face for the rest of my life. Had surgery on my nose.
I learned that I'm not going to ever jump in unless I have too. If its my brother cool, if not f that. buddy I went to help who I thought was my guy aint even check to see how I was feeling when I was in the hospital smh. Sad but I shoulda turned my cheek and let em get his +@* whooped. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Jerry-Patterson.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mission with the FBI?

*@+ did I just read? 
laugh.gif
 On a mission what?

Had me feelin sorry for this ol DUI, Hit n Run I think I can kick anybody *** on the Highway lookin clown. Picked the wrong fight and got his %++ WASHED
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

June 2nd I tried to break up a fight my guy was in, he was getting moved on by 3 dudes, I came in laced one, got separated by security was walking away and someone snuffed me while not looking, straight sucker punch and broke my cheek and nose. was 1/2 inch away from needing a metal plate in my face for the rest of my life. Had surgery on my nose.
I learned that I'm not going to ever jump in unless I have too. If its my brother cool, if not f that. buddy I went to help who I thought was my guy aint even check to see how I was feeling when I was in the hospital smh. Sad but I shoulda turned my cheek and let em get his +@* whooped. 
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I hope all the Heros are reading this.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

tired.gif
eek.gif
 damn sorry about that bro...

Man i know the man who got jumped damn smh at those kicks to the head man thats some weak mess

Back
Top Bottom