3-22-11 Mega Millions 244,000,000 UPDATE: 312 MILL is next!

The other way is self pick. You choose your own  Five white ball numbers from 1 thru 56 and one  Mega Ball number from 1 - 46.

was there a winner tonight? 
nerd.gif

How much is it if you just get the "Mega Ball"?

We have a pool, I only participate if it's over $150 mil.  Total of $50 and the most it gave us was a combo of 2 numbers twice, and the mega ball twice.  So many lines with no numbers hitting,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

was there a winner tonight? 
nerd.gif

That information doesnt come up until the next morning. Probaly around 7  - 8 a.m. today you can find out if there was a winner or not. If the jackpot was won tonight the jackpot prize for the next drawing( which will take place Friday March 25th ) will decrease to about $12 Million. If no one won tonight the jackpot prize for the next drawing will INCREASE to about $300 Million. Mega Millions drawings take place EVERY Tuesdays and Fridays at 11pm. ( you can watch the numbers come up live on TV at exactly 11 pm on the dot  usually on ABC, Ch 7 )

I thought I'd be slick and purchase a quick pick 2 days before the drawing but I only matched one number
30t6p3b.gif

White ball Numbers are Numbers from 1 - 56. Mega ball Numbers are the Gold ball numbers and also the last number selected from a different field of numbers from 1 - 46. ( as you see on my ticket the Mega Balls selected are "22" for game 1 and "46" for game 2.

Powerball is different you choose five white ball numbers from 1 - 59 and one Red Ball number (AKA Powerball) from a field of 1 - 39.

In Mega Millions if you match just the Mega Ball only you win $2.00
In Powerball if you match just the powerball you win $3.00

Megaplier is a new feature added to the mega millions game. If you want to play with megaplier you have to let the lottery agent know. It will cost $1 extra to add the megaplier to your ticket
basically what megaplier does is "Multiply your prize by 2 , 3,  or 4.  The megaplier is selected randomly by a random number generator, however the odds  for getting the various multipliers with the Megaplier option are NOT the same but thats a good thing because they are heavily weighted towards the 4x multiplier. The mixer drawing the Megaplier multiplier consists of 21 numbers balls.

12 of the 21 balls (57% are 4x multipliers)
7 of the 21 balls  ( 33% are 3x multipliers)
Only 2 of the 21 balls (%10 are 2 x multipliers)

heres an example if you play one game of Mega Millions without the Megaplier option and match all five numbers WITHOUT the Mega Ball you will win $250,000.000. But Lets say you play one game of Mega Millions WITH the Megaplier feature and match all five numbers without the mega ball your prize will automatically be multiplied based on whatever Megaplier is selected (i.e. x 2 , x 3 , or x4) If the mega plier is x4 orginal prize $250,000.00 will be multiplied by four increasing your prize form $250,000.00 to $1,000,000.00. If the megaplier was x 2 your $250,000.00 prize will now be worth $500,000.00 or if the megaplier was x 3 your $250,000.00 will now be worth $750,000.00.

Powerball has a similar feature called Powerplay. FOr an extra $1 you can add the powerplay feature to you ticket But poweplay has x 2 , x3, x4, or ,5 unlike mega millions because mega Millions does not have an x 5.

However powerball is slightly different. You get $200,000.00 for matching all 5 white numbers without the powerball. If you match all 5 white numbers in powerball without the powerball and you selected the "powerplay" feature to your ticket, your will automatically recieve a multiplier 5x which  increases the payout from $200,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 regardless of which multiplier is actually drawn in that drawings.  THat gives powerball a major advantage over Mega millions for the best chance to win $1,000,000.00 . THe best chance to win $1,000,000.00 would be to play powerball with the powerplay option and win a  2nd prize ( match all 5 numbers without the powerball)  which automatically results in a  $1,000,000.00 prize.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
  • 1:05 amMega Millions: There was no jackpot winner in the Tuesday, March 22, 2011 Mega Millions drawing, but 26 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 1 from Arizona, 5 from California, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Minnesota, 1 from Nebraska, 9 from New York, 1 from Pennsylvania, and 2 from Texas.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Winning numbers are...

1,  14,  35,  50,  53  and Mega Ball  43.

If no one won the Jackpot tonight then Friday's Jackpot will be About $300,000,000.00
eek.gif

This is a tough game to beat unless youre using a system. Odds of matching all five numbers + the Mega Ball and winning the Jackpot in Mega Millions are 1 in 175,000,000.

I didnt use a system I just played a $2 Quickpick. Quickpick is when you let the computer randomly select ALL the numbers for you. ( Yes some people have actually won Jackpots using a quick pick )
The only thing I matched tonight was the number 35!
mad.gif

2.jpg
how are you mad? you played 8 quarters
laugh.gif
I just played $10, about to check them, dodge chargers to everyone ITT if I get it

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Winning numbers are...

1,  14,  35,  50,  53  and Mega Ball  43.

If no one won the Jackpot tonight then Friday's Jackpot will be About $300,000,000.00
eek.gif

This is a tough game to beat unless youre using a system. Odds of matching all five numbers + the Mega Ball and winning the Jackpot in Mega Millions are 1 in 175,000,000.

I didnt use a system I just played a $2 Quickpick. Quickpick is when you let the computer randomly select ALL the numbers for you. ( Yes some people have actually won Jackpots using a quick pick )
The only thing I matched tonight was the number 35!
mad.gif

2.jpg
how are you mad? you played 8 quarters
laugh.gif
I just played $10, about to check them, dodge chargers to everyone ITT if I get it
v6 or v8?

Originally Posted by ricer yo

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
  • 1:05 amMega Millions: There was no jackpot winner in the Tuesday, March 22, 2011 Mega Millions drawing, but 26 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 1 from Arizona, 5 from California, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Minnesota, 1 from Nebraska, 9 from New York, 1 from Pennsylvania, and 2 from Texas.

WOw there are always more 2nd prize winners in New York.Whichever of those 26 players who won a 2nd prize "AND" added the megaplier to their ticket each won $1,000,000.00 since  the Megaplier was x4 tonight. I actually have a Magazine called "Mega Millions and Powerball Weapon" : Weapon to win .

It's only sold in new York Only and a new magazine comes out every month. I figure some of the 2nd prize winners in New York are probaly buying this magazine. It helps you "beat the Odds" in mega Millions and Powerball.
(It'll tell you which numbers are most overdue which numbers have been the hottest coldest,shows you how to "wheel" numbers etc.) I have been reading it but did not invest any money playing the systems inside this magazine which is what I will start to do starting Friday. I've only been doing the "quick Picks" lately"
laugh.gif

i really gotta start doin megaplier/powerplay more often

ppl get lucky with this lots

If I win the $304 Million Jackpot Firday i'd be set for Life
pimp.gif

Will buy new house, multiple cars, More PS3 games and every pair of Air Jordans from 1 - 23.

Havent checked my ticket yet but I'm hoping I got the 5 numbers in az...playin for 300 for sure

laugh.gif
was looking for this thread yesterday and didnt see it- i didnt go too hard today and i actually gave away a few drawings for a bday

I'm goin in for Friday tho
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom