3-22-11 Mega Millions 244,000,000 UPDATE: 312 MILL is next!

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

http://twitter.com/NCLotterycom
http://twitter.com/US_Lotteries
http://twitter.com/worldlottonews
http://playthesmartway.co...ticket-sold-in-new-york/

i dont know if those are 100% legit sources, but they all have new york as of an hour ago

What the French toast! I was hoping nobody won so the jackpot would increase. Oh well, still might play Tuesday. First time buying a ticket and now I think I'm hooked haha.Does anybody play the powerball?

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

aveezytheBEAST wrote:

Has there been a sole Lottery Jackpot winner who only purchased ONE ticket or say less than 10?

�� I know of a story where a Bronx guy bought a $3 quickpick for a $336 Mega MIllions drawing and ended up winning the jackpot. however I don't think it can count as a "sole Jackpot Winner" as someone in California also matched all the numbers so he had to split the $336 Million prize. He ended up getting $168 Million out of the $336 Million. Story in the video above

Why am I dying @ the chinese dood behind the winner @ :24?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Largest payout for a single winning ticket in game's history

By Todd Northrop

A New York lottery official said a winning ticket for the Mega Millions lottery jackpot worth $319 million has been sold at a variety store in Albany, N.Y.

New York Lottery spokeswoman Carolyn Hapeman said the winning jackpot ticket for Friday's drawing was sold at Coulson's News Center, located just a few blocks from the state Capitol.

Hapeman says final sales numbers raised the annuity value of the prize to $319 million, with a cash value of $202.9 million.

The jackpot is the fifth-largest in the game's history, and the ninth-largest lottery jackpot of all time for any game. The biggest jackpot was a Mega Millions jackpot worth $390 million in March 2007.

It ranks as the largest jackpot for a single winning ticket in the game's history, eclipsing the $315 million prize sold in California in November 2005.

Hapeman says the earliest the winner can claim the prize is Monday, because lottery offices are closed for the weekend. 
The winning numbers in Friday's drawing were: 22-24-31-52-54, with a Mega Ball number of 4.  The Megaplier was 4.

Hapeman says the holder of the winning jackpot ticket has the option of taking prize over 25 years or as a cash payout.

In addition to the jackpot winner, 32 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 5 from California, 1 from Colorado, 1 from Indiana, 2 from Kentucky, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 1 from Michigan, 4 from New York, 2 from North Carolina, 4 from Ohio, 1 from Oregon, 2 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Carolina, 3 from Texas, 2 from Washington, and 1 from West Virginia.

The 5 California winners will each be awarded prizes of $287,323 because California awards all prizes in a pari-mutuel formula, which calculates the prize amount based on the number of tickets sold and the number of winners in each prize category.

i got one number in the first slot on my ticket, do i get anything?

and my friend got one number but not in the same slot as the numbers were announced does she get anything?

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i got one number in the first slot on my ticket, do i get anything?

and my friend got one number but not in the same slot as the numbers were announced does she get anything?
Nah, you don't get anything my man...

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

http://twitter.com/NCLotterycom
http://twitter.com/US_Lotteries
http://twitter.com/worldlottonews
http://playthesmartway.co...ticket-sold-in-new-york/

i dont know if those are 100% legit sources, but they all have new york as of an hour ago

What the French toast! I was hoping nobody won so the jackpot would increase. Oh well, still might play Tuesday. First time buying a ticket and now I think I'm hooked haha.Does anybody play the powerball?
Only when it's at $100+ Million. As crazy as this may sound, the PowerBall is WAYYYYYYYYY too hard to win. I mean, I win at least $2 every single time I play Mega Millions. I won $7 on PowerBall 1 time. I'm definitely playing $10 tonight...

So the ONLY jackpot winner, after those 32 folks are paid out (the 5 CA winners getting extra $ taken into account), would be $316,863,385
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

NY>CA ?
tired.gif

Wow another Huge Jacpot winner from NY. Can't wait to find out who it was. It's usually the old elderly people that win these big jackpots  which is ridiculous. I mean what are the going to do  with all that money with such little time on earth left to live. Might as well donate it
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Wow another Huge Jacpot winner from NY. Can't wait to find out who it was. It's usually the old elderly people that win these big jackpots  which is ridiculous. I mean what are the going to do  with all that money with such little time on earth left to live. Might as well donate it
indifferent.gif

You act like old people don't got any family. If my parents win then I win. My mom would split the money evenly between me and my siblings.

i get heated when i play the huge mega millions and it gets hit.
everytime it does, i think to myself i hope its a niketalker at least.

I hate to be a debbie downer but man, do you guys really expect to win it all?

I'd be happy with a few hundred
laugh.gif
, of course the entire thing would be a whole different story.

Again, I hate to be the debbie downer...But it really is luck, which is why I say good luck every time.

My dad won about $2,500 total in a month...Not too shabby.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

gonna cop my 10 lines in a minute.....5 easy picks and 5 I came up with.....how does a polar bear skinned wave cap sound *crosses fingers*

Oh the IRONING 
roll.gif

oops:

[h1]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/he_out_of_luck_SFNCcaLtOfTb8ry5Pj6WKK[/h1]
[h1]Worker skips office Mega pool, loses share of $319M[/h1]
By PERRY CHIARAMONTE in Albany and BOB FREDERICKS in New York

Last Updated: 12:32 PM, March 30, 2011

Posted: 2:02 AM, March 30, 2011

He didn't think Lady Luck was on his side -- and now he's out millions.

A hapless state information-technology worker who usually joined his office lottery pool took a pass last week -- only to learn that seven positive-thinking pals nailed a whopping $319 million Mega Millions jackpot, said a deli owner who knows the winners.

"The word is that when they were going around the office asking who wanted in on the pool, one guy said no, that he wasn't feeling lucky," said Jill Cook, who with husband Tom owns Cook's Deli in Albany, where the winners are lunchtime regulars.

"They asked him twice. They said, 'Are you sure?' and he said yeah, he was going to pass this time. I feel horrible for him," Jill said.

The number of players in the pool varied from week to week, she said, and the identity of the mystery loser -- who could have won a $16 million after-tax share under the lottery's lump-sum option -- was as elusive as those of the big winners, who sources say worked in IT for the state Homes and Community Renewal agency.

Cook said the geek squad came in for lunch daily -- but haven't been seen since beating the one-in-176-million odds in Friday's drawing. Customers who know the winners told her they weren't planning to return to their jobs -- except to pass along unfinished business to colleagues.

Jim Plastiras, an agency spokesman, confirmed the workers did not come to work Monday but he couldn't say if they showed up yesterday. They had not formally resigned their positions, he added.

The winning workers remained out of the public eye yesterday, but one surfaced long enough to stake a claim to the prize, state lottery officials said yesterday.

"The ticket has been claimed, and once we verify it we'll choose a date, place and time for a check presentation," lottery spokeswoman Carolyn Hapeman said. The claimant, whom she would not identify by name or gender, arranged to come to lottery headquarters Monday night after hours, Hapeman said.

Lottery officials said that once they verify the ticket and how many pool members are claiming a slice of the pie, a news conference will be scheduled, probably this week.

Most likely, Hapeman said, the winners are spending time huddling with legal and financial wizards to plan how to handle the bundles of cash headed their way.

"Ninety-nine percent of the people coming in winners do it that way these days, and $319 million is an unimaginable amount of money," Hapeman said.

"Most want a plan before the money enters their hands."

Meanwhile, at Coulson's News Center, where the winning ticket was sold, owner Steve Hutchins got a standard $10,000 bonus for selling the winning number combination: 22, 24, 31, 52 and 54, with 4 as the Mega Ball. "It's pretty amazing," he said.

laugh.gif
hope he does good with whatever lil $1 or $5 he saved by not joining the pool that week
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom