-

I'm on the opposite end I'll get into details if I have to but sometimes I feel selfish or guilty that I did not stay with my child's father because of what long term effect/affect(whatever) it might have on my daughter

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

family sociology has proven this to be detrimental to the child. if a couple has a child and dont like each other, you are actually doing the child more good then harm when you separate.

i could tell you more, but i sold my book back already lol.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

family sociology has proven this to be detrimental to the child. if a couple has a child and dont like each other, you are actually doing the child more good then harm when you separate.

i could tell you more, but i sold my book back already lol.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's why it's important to really make sure the woman you end up making your wife is someone you can really get along with well.

I don't think this is exclusive to Asian culture at all, but my mom says Asian couples stick together despite not getting along because they want to provide support for their kids. A good example of this is one of my aunts overseas...she REALLY doesn't get along with my uncle. Every time we visit them, they constantly end up arguing over stupid !%*#.
laugh.gif
It's really ridiculous, it's very obvious to anyone around them they aren't compatible and they really don't get along at all. But they stuck together because of their kids.

That's why it's important to really make sure the woman you end up making your wife is someone you can really get along with well.

I don't think this is exclusive to Asian culture at all, but my mom says Asian couples stick together despite not getting along because they want to provide support for their kids. A good example of this is one of my aunts overseas...she REALLY doesn't get along with my uncle. Every time we visit them, they constantly end up arguing over stupid !%*#.
laugh.gif
It's really ridiculous, it's very obvious to anyone around them they aren't compatible and they really don't get along at all. But they stuck together because of their kids.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

if you're serious about it...go see a professional counselor.

"working it out" without really trying to change or having the tools to change your existing behavior doesn't usually work
We're actually going to see one on Monday.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

if you're serious about it...go see a professional counselor.

"working it out" without really trying to change or having the tools to change your existing behavior doesn't usually work
We're actually going to see one on Monday.

it really depends on the situation. if two people are mature enough to handle it and can put the kid first then i think it can work. i left my wife because i was not mature enough to quit drunking and fighting with her. i knew i'd do more harm than good if i had stayed. not alot of people can put themselves aside to deal with that sort of situation. it's ultimately a selfish decision.

Talbert

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I'm on the opposite end I'll get into details if I have to but sometimes I feel selfish or guilty that I did not stay with my child's father because of what long term effect/affect(whatever) it might have on my daughter
does your daughter ever remember you together?  we broke up before she was even born.  she has a half sister at her mom's house so sometimes she tells me she misses her sister but that's about it. sometimes i wonder what my daughter is thinking when she has to go between two houses because it's all she knows.

it really depends on the situation. if two people are mature enough to handle it and can put the kid first then i think it can work. i left my wife because i was not mature enough to quit drunking and fighting with her. i knew i'd do more harm than good if i had stayed. not alot of people can put themselves aside to deal with that sort of situation. it's ultimately a selfish decision.

Talbert

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

does your daughter ever remember you together?  we broke up before she was even born.  she has a half sister at her mom's house so sometimes she tells me she misses her sister but that's about it. sometimes i wonder what my daughter is thinking when she has to go between two houses because it's all she knows.

I always said If that were the case I would, but ya make some valid points.....*goes reevaluate life*

I always said If that were the case I would, but ya make some valid points.....*goes reevaluate life*

I agree with Dirty.

BUT, here's my thing...my imagination doesn't let me play the "what if" game, but as a I can't imagine not being the sole male figure in my children's life. Can't say that you should stay with a woman if you two don't get along, but just know that if yall do separate that she's going to live her life and possibly introduce another male(s) into the picture.

Doing the family thing isn't easy, but the hardest part is just the sacrifice and going from "me" to "we"...not a lot of people are built for that.

I agree with Dirty.

BUT, here's my thing...my imagination doesn't let me play the "what if" game, but as a I can't imagine not being the sole male figure in my children's life. Can't say that you should stay with a woman if you two don't get along, but just know that if yall do separate that she's going to live her life and possibly introduce another male(s) into the picture.

Doing the family thing isn't easy, but the hardest part is just the sacrifice and going from "me" to "we"...not a lot of people are built for that.

Solely for the child, it will not end well. I was in the same situation met her smashed had a baby. The thing is its not like I even liked her she liked me. For the babies sake (and moms kindness) she moved in and it was hell. We fought day in and day out. Don't do it man.

Solely for the child, it will not end well. I was in the same situation met her smashed had a baby. The thing is its not like I even liked her she liked me. For the babies sake (and moms kindness) she moved in and it was hell. We fought day in and day out. Don't do it man.

avoid child support at all costs.....me and my baby moms just broke up for good like 2 months ago.....i just keep it moving havent seen her since but i see my youth so its straight

avoid child support at all costs.....me and my baby moms just broke up for good like 2 months ago.....i just keep it moving havent seen her since but i see my youth so its straight

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

why do things go so bad...after a kid is in the picture?

Varies
Because maybe a kid wasn't in the plan ..
Child puts more stress and tension in the relationship

Resentment 

Finances ..

I'll say this to anyone in this situation ...

DO NOT STAY FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILD ..

Don't do it ..

If thats the only reason you staying together .. 

than it's a terrible decision you're making

Speaking from experience 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

why do things go so bad...after a kid is in the picture?

Varies
Because maybe a kid wasn't in the plan ..
Child puts more stress and tension in the relationship

Resentment 

Finances ..

I'll say this to anyone in this situation ...

DO NOT STAY FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILD ..

Don't do it ..

If thats the only reason you staying together .. 

than it's a terrible decision you're making

Speaking from experience 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by thebeaner99

Why decide after having a kid. If you dont like her, dont have a kid with her

You make it seem like it's so simple tho ..

Once you find out she's preggers then what?

You just tell her to do a mission abort and that's it?

It's her body... her choice

IT'S HER DECISION

All you can do is say your piece and pray on god she agrees ..

Dammit thats what I did .. failed

in hind sight she admitted I was right , but too late ..

Having a kid put a whole new dynamic in the relationship ..

Alot of relationships do not survive that *##+ .. cuz they dn't think about being with that person 20 years down the road ..

I know I didn't ..

Back
Top Bottom