27 NBA Standouts Named To 2010-12 USA Basketball Men’s National Team

wait..school me on kevin love
laugh.gif
i honestly havent ben payin attn to the twolves..thats the best backup big man ?

Originally Posted by haiti5

wait..school me on kevin love
laugh.gif
i honestly havent ben payin attn to the twolves..thats the best backup big man ?

you also have to acknowledge that we are building players for london.

Some believe he's the best sophmore player this season. Between him and Rose they're probably right.

Love being on there is not a shock especially how his game is set up and this being international competition.

He's just another possible piece. You gotta have some players with defined roles too.

Sort of thin at the PG spot. Outside of Paul and Deron, none of the other PGs are at an All-Star level. No, I don't consider Rose a true PG.
And ykno Paul is the reason Rondo wants no piece of the US team.

Originally Posted by gko2408

Sort of thin at the PG spot. Outside of Paul and Deron, none of the other PGs are at an All-Star level. No, I don't consider Rose a true PG.
And ykno Paul is the reason Rondo wants no piece of the US team.
Agreed. But the offense that Coach K runs isn't very PG oriented. Its more of a free flowing motion offense, than set plays everytime down the court. In fact, because of this I would almost lean towards Rose being a better fit for the offense than Paul and Deron.

Kevin Love needs to be on this team he will be the best big passer.
I think Durant, Rose will play.
But how are they going to cover up drose and howard shoes like they did in 08
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

You wanted Love on the 13-39 Timberwolves' bench a month ago and now you're saying "he needs" to be on Team USA?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

joe johnson?
brandon roy?

please tell me they declined the offer
Roy wanted the summer off cuz of his knee. JJ has been out since 07... I guess he sorta had a falling out.

Coach K said he loved Joe , Colangelo must still be salty

D12
Lebron
Melo
Kobe (might not be as good as wade in 2012 but imo its good to have an older leader there.)
Paul

6th/7th/8th: Wade (for Kobe) Durant (Forward) Bosh (Center)

Backup PG (9th): DWill

I think as of RIGHT NOW everyone can agree with this lineup, although theres a chance that by 2012 Rose overtakes Dwill. The remaining 3 spots is where it gets VERY difficult. You can either pick the best players, or u have to go in depth and pick the best role players to fit in with the 8 superstars listed above.

Spot 10: Derrick Rose. Injuries happen and u need insurance in case CP or Williams goes down. He's also going in knowing that he's going to have to take a backseat to the two vet PGs, is humble, will be a willing student, will be 100% prepped for 2014/16, and won't @!!!# about lack of PT. PERFECT fit imo. only reason he MIGHT not make it is cuz chauncey might be brought in as the poised vet, plus IMO its disrespectful to intive a 34 year old champion into camp and NOT take him. I can see chauncey being in the 2010 squad but will be too old by the 2012 Olympics.

Spot 11: You 100% need  at least one more big. For me it comes down to Stat (fits the run+gun athletic style and is guaranteed buckets) Perkins (Old school defensive big that brings alot of toughness if our relatively soft bigs, D12+CB4 are gettin +$+$%%%) Levin Love (Can board and stretch the floor on offense, great outlet passer to start the break for a few guaranteed easy buckets a game) Boozer (08 oly champ, our best post scorer would arguably be an SG, Kobe
laugh.gif
)

For me it goes to STAT. Without a doubt the best individual of the group. D12 gives us enough defense negating perk, and although he cant really shoot the three like love he has decent range. You can also play him as a forward with his versatility..

Spot 12: Comes to Wallace the tough, athletic, defensive stopper that won't be a headcase asking for shots. Nobody else on the team has a back to the basket game. I go with Wallace. And he also won't @!!!# about PT.

D12
Lebron
Melo
Kobe
CP

Wade
Durant
Bosh
Williams
Rose
Stat
Wallace

Colangelo still blaming Pierce for that 2002 disaster.
indifferent.gif

Of course he is going to want the shots with this roster

[table][tr][td]Elton Brand[/td][td]
F
[/td][td]
6-8
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Los Angeles Clippers (Duke)[/td][td]Peekskill, NY[/td][/tr][tr][td]Antonio Davis[/td][td]
C
[/td][td]
6-9
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Toronto Raptors (Texas El-Paso)[/td][td]Toronto, Canada[/td][/tr][tr][td]Baron Davis[/td][td]
G
[/td][td]
6-3
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]New Orleans Hornets (UCLA)[/td][td]Los Angeles, CA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Finley[/td][td]
G
[/td][td]
6-7
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Dallas Mavericks (Wisconsin)[/td][td]Plano, TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]Raef LaFrentz[/td][td]
F/C
[/td][td]
6-11
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Dallas Mavericks (Kansas)[/td][td]Dorchester, IA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shawn Marion[/td][td]
F
[/td][td]
6-7
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Phoenix Suns (UNLV)[/td][td]Paradise Valley, AZ[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andre Miller[/td][td]
G
[/td][td]
6-2
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Los Angeles Clippers (Utah) [/td][td]Compton, CA [/td][/tr][tr][td]Reggie Miller[/td][td]
G
[/td][td]
6-7
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Indiana Pacers (UCLA)[/td][td]Fortville, IN[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jermaine O'Neal[/td][td]
C/F
[/td][td]
6-11
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Indiana Pacers (Eau Claire High School)[/td][td]Indianapolis, IN[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Pierce[/td][td]
F
[/td][td]
6-6
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Boston Celtics (Kansas)[/td][td]Waltham, MA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]
F/C
[/td][td]
6-9
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Detroit Pistons (Virginia Union)[/td][td]Chesterfield, VA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jay Williams[/td][td]
G
[/td][td]
6-2
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Chicago Bulls (Duke)[/td][td]Plainfield, NJ[/td][/tr][tr][td]*Nick Collison[/td][td]
F
[/td][td]
6-9
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]University of Kansas[/td][td]Iowa Falls, IA[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Is Lamar Odom really on the list ?
laugh.gif

Real talk, Im not surprised. He's a big and can handle the rock.  He played really well in the 04 olympics and I always wondered why he was never invited back on the national team (unless im mistaken).  IMO, his game suits the international game well.

derrick is really going to need to improve his man to man defense if he wants to make the team..hell get burnt by euro guards now

rondo > rose
flame all you want but rondo is the lock down defender and facilitator team USA can use with all the other scorers we got

i could see david lee, kevin love, brook lopez, and D12 as our bigs for London if some of the other vets choose not to go

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by HOOD17

You wanted Love on the 13-39 Timberwolves' bench a month ago and now you're saying "he needs" to be on Team USA?
Why not. Love is on the bench now and there winning right. (sorta 4-1)Whatever i think it's nice that there looking at Love and Jefferson. which ever one makes it would be good for the wolves.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Is Lamar Odom really on the list ?
laugh.gif

Real talk, Im not surprised. He's a big and can handle the rock.  He played really well in the 04 olympics and I always wondered why he was never invited back on the national team (unless im mistaken).  IMO, his game suits the international game well.

I'm glad somebody else said it, had it came from me it would've sounded a bit homerish (made up word)

But id like to see L.O get another shot, at least for this years FIBAs, not too sure bout the 12' Olympics tho

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

joe johnson?
brandon roy?

please tell me they declined the offer
Roy wanted the summer off cuz of his knee. JJ has been out since 07... I guess he sorta had a falling out.

Coach K said he loved Joe , Colangelo must still be salty

laugh.gif
was 07 the summer he bailed on the Suns?

Back
Top Bottom