24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

If you had a regular Freedom, I'd say make use of the 5% cash back category and instead of taking the cash back, turn it into points.

You can also do that with the Unlimited (1.5%)

Considering downgrading from the CSP to the freedom for the 5% cash back category. But for the freedom what is the redemption on the travel site? Is it still 1.5?

Considering downgrading from the CSP to the freedom for the 5% cash back category. But for the freedom what is the redemption on the travel site? Is it still 1.5?

I think you'd need to keep the CSP to still be eligble for the points. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

You'll have to pair the Freedom with the CSP to do this.

For the people who have chase and amex which rewards program do you like more?

Personally I have the Amex Plat, PRG and the CSP and Chase Unlimited.

I think that the redemption of points is better with Chase, but it is much easier to get a lot of points with Amex so I spend more on the amex cards than the chase. What are yall thoughts? Am I missing an easy way to get a lot of points with Chase? With amex there are offers like spend $20 and get 1,000 points. Just haven't seen anything like that with Chase.

How do you like the AMEX PRG compared to the CSP?

Received a targeted offer for it, not sure if I do enough traveling to justify getting.

How do you like the AMEX PRG compared to the CSP?

Received a targeted offer for it, not sure if I do enough traveling to justify getting.

I mean I use the airline fee credit. You can buy a $100 gift card with it. So if you do at least one flight a year that pays for itself. With the Amex offers I think that you accumulate points a whole lot faster and get other deals. The redemption for travel is better with the CSP. If I could only have one it’d be the PRG. But I fly so the redemption for flights is worth it.

I said it before but I think I’m finally done churning :lol:. Just got my $150 from an HSBC card they targeted me for.

Gone through 7 cards/2 bank accounts and made a little more than $2500 since December 2015. I’ve opened 5 cc accounts since this past July and my score only dropped 20 points

Previously I didn’t pay attention to any cards that I couldnt redeem for cash because I liked to keep the money at home as an emergency fund but I recently had to use a big chunk so now I’m more open to cards with statement credits and such..I Have been planning on using my freedom unlimited as my long term card but I might take a look around and see what else there is

The only one I’ve done with the Wells Fargo earlier last year for free $300 littlerly for just depositing $20 and spending it on 10 purchases.::

Too bad none were as easy as that or no ones posted any. Got my buddies to do it and they were floored how they legit gave money for nothing

I don't consider myself a churner but I am thinking about leaving Bank of America and opening Chase accounts to get this free $500.00 offer that I was targeted for.

willypete willypete

You mean QuickSilver One? The regular Quicksilver doesn't have an annual fee.
Try to see if you can upgrade it or merge it with another CapOne CC you have.
That's how I got rid of my Platinum that had an annual fee --> combined it with my VentureOne card.

willypete willypete

You mean QuickSilver One? The regular Quicksilver doesn't have an annual fee.
Try to see if you can upgrade it or merge it with another CapOne CC you have.
That's how I got rid of my Platinum that had an annual fee --> combined it with my VentureOne card.

Yea I have the Quicksilver One card....I'll call them today to see if I can change it because I don't use it enough to justify that annual fee and don't feel like closing it.

Just got mail from Regions to do the same (keep $50 in the account, make 10 purchases, get $400 in 3 mths) contemplating doing just gotta keep track of it

Well surprisingly received an email from Capital One stating I received my security deposit and now my Secured Care is now Unsecured.

Huge as I'm in desperate need of resources, but also need a income to help repay the remaining balance or a potential worthwhile investment to use the security deposit on...

The only one I’ve done with the Wells Fargo earlier last year for free $300 littlerly for just depositing $20 and spending it on 10 purchases.::

Too bad none were as easy as that or no ones posted any. Got my buddies to do it and they were floored how they legit gave money for nothing

Did you keep the acct open after u got the bonus?

Damn, looks like BOA started cracking down. I have a 750+ score and they won't approve me for the Alaska Airlines card because of too many cards opened recently. I even told them I wouldn't care if my limit was $100. :lol::smh:

Haha savage
I’m assuming you went in the branch to do that, what did you tell them?

There’s no Wells Fargo branch in Michigan

Did it over the phone in a few minutes

Easiest $300 you could make

Me or someone else posted it on NT but went dead quick and probably mainly from slick deals

I have a similar targeted offer right now from Chase. Not $25 deposit, its $1500 but as long as you keep it in there for 6 months and make 5 transactions (could be ACH / Debit card / etc) - they'll give $300

I use Chase as my main bank anyway, so I'm gonna do it.

I have a similar targeted offer right now from Chase. Not $25 deposit, its $1500 but as long as you keep it in there for 6 months and make 5 transactions (could be ACH / Debit card / etc) - they'll give $300

I use Chase as my main bank anyway, so I'm gonna do it.

I doubt you can, these offers are for new customers

Well surprisingly received an email from Capital One stating I received my security deposit and now my Secured Care is now Unsecured.

Huge as I'm in desperate need of resources, but also need a income to help repay the remaining balance or a potential worthwhile investment to use the security deposit on...
Wait Cap One gave you your initial security deposit back?

Would I be able to get a entry level unsecured card with chase with a 609 score ? I been using a secured card for the past 6 months and it's jumped up from 450. I don't want to apply and get denied not trying to have a hard inquiry

Back
Top Bottom