24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Yeah, we walked away from a CLA BENZ but they made the deal super sweet because we were leaving. Still didn’t take it. Ended up buying an Audi Q3…

yeah, so it's a debit card though and you spend your usdc balance and they reward you in crypto.

4% on amp and xlm then you just convert it to a good coin every so often. I just swap it all to btc and send it to celsius to stake. run up more free money off my free money.

Lol I was just giving you a hard time 😂

These fools at capital one are trying to lower my credit limit and mess up my utilization. Called and opted out of the review

Screenshot_20220216-024418_Gmail~2.jpg

just called chase and increased my credit limit on my CSP.

does increasing your credit limit hurt your score?

not worried if it does cause my score is good but just curious.

I keep getting offers to upgrade my first capital one card I ever got. I’m sure I’m due for a fat line increase if I wanted.

But I’m sick of the damn annual fees. Anyone know if that’s negotiable in any way? I obviously don’t want to cancel my oldest credit line.

Nah fam if anything it's likely to increase your score.

Assuming a large purchase didn't go along with it, it's impossible to increase the limit on a card without lowering your utilization, which is the one of the most important factors in determining most scores.

I keep getting offers to upgrade my first capital one card I ever got. I’m sure I’m due for a fat line increase if I wanted.

But I’m sick of the damn annual fees. Anyone know if that’s negotiable in any way? I obviously don’t want to cancel my oldest credit line.

You're paying an annual fee now and you don't want to? Just call and downgrade to a free tier card. Your age of account and history stays the same, it's the credit product that transfers over.

You'll probably see a temporary drop in your credit score at first because Chase hard pulls all credit limit increase (CLI) requests. If Chase offered, it would be a soft pull. With Chase, I would advise against CLI and just apply for another line of credit next time. Use your hard pulls to take advantage of their other product's sign up bonus.

Nah fam if anything it's likely to increase your score.

Assuming a large purchase didn't go along with it, it's impossible to increase the limit on a card without lowering your utilization, which is the one of the most important factors in determining most scores.

This, you'll be better off in the long run.

So I helped my friend sign up for his first credit card today..I referred him to the discover it but he got denied so we tried on BofA, he got denied there too but they approved him for a secured card.. how long do y’all think it’ll be until his credit is built up enough to get a regular card? Is it like 3-6 months or like a year ?

I never had to get a secured card so I don’t know anything about them

So I helped my friend sign up for his first credit card today..I referred him to the discover it but he got denied so we tried on BofA, he got denied there too but they approved him for a secured card.. how long do y’all think it’ll be until his credit is built up enough to get a regular card? Is it like 3-6 months or like a year ?

I never had to get a secured card so I don’t know anything about them
At least 1 year

F BoA.

You should've opened a capital one secured card. They tend to be more generous down the line

I used to have the worst credit, couldn't get approved for anything. I think I used the secured card for a year or so and I was good to go. credit wasn't amazing after but I could get approved for capitol one.

You're paying an annual fee now and you don't want to? Just call and downgrade to a free tier card. Your age of account and history stays the same, it's the credit product that transfers over.
Finding this out a month after my annual fee :smh:

Back
Top Bottom