24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Apple card is trash. They don't report to the credit bureaus, it's like PayPal credit. Their customer service sucks and the rewards are terrible.

Amazon CC is next on my list. 5% off, I'll just use it for amazon and call it a day

just did some research
they will eventually start reporting
supposedly smetime next year
with all activity previously reporting as well

Paid off my car last month, credit score dipped a little bit but should increase soon.
image.jpeg

Apple card is trash. They don't report to the credit bureaus, it's like PayPal credit. Their customer service sucks and the rewards are terrible.

This just seems like a contrarian take. Need a source if you're claiming they don't report. I haven't heard that.

It might not be for everyone but with no fees of any kind, 3% back on Apple products and in app purchases, and 2% back when using Apple Pay, it's a no brainer for anyone looking for a card that uses mobile payments or buys Apple products - just like the Amazon Prime card for people who shop on Amazon.

This just seems like a contrarian take. Need a source if you're claiming they don't report. I haven't heard that.

It might not be for everyone but with no fees of any kind, 3% back on Apple products and in app purchases, and 2% back when using Apple Pay, it's a no brainer for anyone looking for a card that uses mobile payments or buys Apple products - just like the Amazon Prime card for people who shop on Amazon.

From Apple Card Customer Service
3D1D80C1-F625-404E-8CFF-6DB6DEC06A8D.jpeg

Check the Apple Card subreddit. Complaints outweigh the praises.

Don't Apple Stores code as electronic stores?

Of so then a US Cash + card would be a better move to buy Apple products since you can get 5 percent back in that category.

Amazon CC is next on my list. 5% off, I'll just use it for amazon and call it a day

I have it. It’s a nice metal one too :smokin
Idk what it is now but mine had a $70 credit to amazon as a sign up bonus

Is Chase stingy with raising credit limits for anyone else? After I got a raise and paid off some student loans, I made a couple of calls.

B of A rewards went from 8K to 15K limit
Discover: 9K to 16.5K
Amex: 10K to 15K
Chase Freedom unlimited: 7K to 9.5K :stoneface:

I gave them all the same info and I'm just trying to give my credit score a little boost before I go house hunting next year but I've had this chase card since 2014 (2nd only to BofA) and I do all my regular banking with Chase too.

Is Chase stingy with raising credit limits for anyone else? After I got a raise and paid off some student loans, I made a couple of calls.

B of A rewards went from 8K to 15K limit
Discover: 9K to 16.5K
Amex: 10K to 15K
Chase Freedom unlimited: 7K to 9.5K :stoneface:

I gave them all the same info and I'm just trying to give my credit score a little boost before I go house hunting next year but I've had this chase card since 2014 (2nd only to BofA) and I do all my regular banking with Chase too.

Nobody as stingy as Wells Fargo.

Called and asked them to raise my $1,200 limit. My other card limits are more in line with what you described.

BAN raised my limit $300.

I was so insulted. Only reason I haven't closed the account is because it's my oldest by far.

Nobody as stingy as Wells Fargo.

Called and asked them to raise my $1,200 limit. My other card limits are more in line with what you described.

BAN raised my limit $300.

I was so insulted. Only reason I haven't closed the account is because it's my oldest by far.

I'm crine right now :rofl:

I've known for years to stay away from Wells Fargo. Everybody I know says nothing but bad things of them

I don't even use my debit card except to take out cash at the ATM. Wish chase made a way I could still take out cash without carrying the card around. Would be one less card to carry in my wallet

I don't even use my debit card except to take out cash at the ATM. Wish chase made a way I could still take out cash without carrying the card around. Would be one less card to carry in my wallet
you can use apple pay with your debit card to access the apt. also theres a way on the chase app to get a unique code to put in at the machine.

I have yet to use it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them trying to push ATM withdrawals via the Chase App before. Via your "debit card" but strickly using the app.

Back
Top Bottom