24/7/365 The Tomb Remains Guarded

The amount of ignorance in this thread is seriously Mind-blown.

Why do Muslims pray 5 times a day? Why do Catholics go through lent? Why can’t I just wear my shoes and walk all at the Taj Mahal? ETC.

Although it’s not something I practice or believe in, I respect it for what it is and don’t disrespect the people that do.

This cemetery is a symbol of people who gave up their lives for this country and is a reminder of our respect for what they did to give us our freedom that we have and enjoy. These soldiers that practice this ritual are all proud to pay honor to these lost lives of people who most will just end up forgetting.

There’s more important things in life than Super bowls, sports, shoes and material things.

Some of you kids seriously need to grow up.

Quick question to add to this, exactly how long does each guard remain at post before the changing and the passing of the wreath?

Despite the overwhelming opinions posted in this thread, it has been without question incredibly informative for me nevertheless!

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

The amount of ignorance in this thread is seriously Mind-blown.

Why do Muslims pray 5 times a day? Why do Catholics go through lent? Why can’t I just wear my shoes and walk all at the Taj Mahal? ETC.

Although it’s not something I practice or believe in, I respect it for what it is and don’t disrespect the people that do.

This cemetery is a symbol of people who gave up their lives for this country and is a reminder of our respect for what they did to give us our freedom that we have and enjoy. These soldiers that practice this ritual are all proud to pay honor to these lost lives of people who most will just end up forgetting.

There’s more important things in life than Super bowls, sports, shoes and material things.

Some of you kids seriously need to grow up.

You and Uptempo summed everything up for me.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ the clowns in here.

This thread is ridiculous.

The soldiers who guard the tomb are already on military pay and thus virtually NO EXTRA TAX DOLLARS ARE WASTED doing this.... because they are ALREADY PAID (by virtue of the fact that they are members of the military)... it's not like we go out and hire some guys to do this. It's just an extra honor to be selected for this. This has nothing to do with extra tax dollars going towards this.

And historically, the soldier was not actually there to ward off attacks. It started way back in '48 because people would come and tamper or deface the tomb. Also people would hang around the tomb and have picnics there. Kids would run around and mess with the tomb. So eventually they started posting a security officer there (just a civilian officer). Then it eventually became a military officer. And eventually it became a 24 hour watch. And eventually it became what it is now.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

So is that solider standing there for people like us to pay respect to; or is he really standing there for the sake of those unknown soliders?

If you answered that correctly, than no one should give a damn how we feel.

Stop being so sentimental.

He's standing as a symbol of our respect towards those soldiers. His presence is a representation of all of the respect that Americans should have towards the soldiers in that tomb. You don't need to pay your respect to the soldier himself, but he deserves a level of respect for carrying the burden of respecting those soldiers 24/7 so that others don't have to and so that those soldiers are never forgotten.

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

And historically, the soldier was not actually there to ward off attacks. It started way back in '48 because people would come and tamper or deface the tomb. Also people would hang around the tomb and have picnics there. Kids would run around and mess with the tomb. So eventually they started posting a security officer there (just a civilian officer). Then it eventually became a military officer. And eventually it became a 24 hour watch. And eventually it became what it is now.

andddd that is all I wanted to know.
Thank you

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all these negative comments must be coming from people under the age of 13. I refuse to believe grown #%@%%%* men would show this much disrespect and miss the whole point of the soldier standing there. this seriously cannot be life. Guys using the term thunder thighs on another man, music currently being complete garbage, terrible acts of crime being done on children, etc

pathetic.  

Brah, there is overwhelming evidence suggesting that the attacks were in fact orchestrated by the US.
"overwhelming evidence"
roll.gif
 lemme guess.... this overwhelming evidence was probably found online or in a dumb movie? right?
laugh.gif

Where else should it be made available? Like really.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

So is that solider standing there for people like us to pay respect to; or is he really standing there for the sake of those unknown soliders?

He's standing as a symbol of our respect towards those soldiers. His presence is a representation of all of the respect that Americans should have towards the soldiers in that tomb. You don't need to pay your respect to the soldier himself, but he deserves a level of respect for carrying the burden of respecting those soldiers 24/7 so that others don't have to and so that those soldiers are never forgotten.

What I don't understand is why we HAVE to pay respect to soldiers. And don't come at me with that whole "they're fighting for your freedom", get the %!*% outta here with that bs. They're fighting a war that should have never even existed and they're over there killing civilians for sport. And is our freedom really at risk?

The military worshiping and worshiping of these pagan like "monuments" in this country is really disturbing. I swear...

Poor and working class kids getting sent over to kill poor people in foreign countries by wealthy douchebags who never fire a weapon.

Originally Posted by rashi

The military worshiping and worshiping of these pagan like "monuments" in this country is really disturbing. I swear...

Poor and working class kids getting sent over to kill poor people in foreign countries by wealthy douchebags who never fire a weapon.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
*waits for all the sheep to arrive*

Originally Posted by rashi

Similar to how people idolize football players & programs right? Oh, wait...

People always want to openly moan & complain about the military, which is fine, you have every right to express your opinion. Many of those American soldiers which some of you seem to have a problem with gave up their lives so you could express yourself over a message board without fear or retribution.
Its sad that people can be so selfish that they couldn't comprehend helping their fellow man so it's understandable that giving up your lives for a whole country of people is inconceivable.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

What I don't understand is why we HAVE to pay respect to soldiers. And don't come at me with that whole "they're fighting for your freedom", get the %%%* outta here with that bs. They're fighting a war that should have never even existed and they're over there killing civilians for sport. And is our freedom really at risk?

So lump every US soldier ever into the same category because the war in the Middle East is bull *@$%? Ok.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

andddd that is all I wanted to know.
Thank you

Originally Posted by swendro88

What I don't understand is why we HAVE to pay respect to soldiers. And don't come at me with that whole "they're fighting for your freedom", get the %%%* outta here with that bs. They're fighting a war that should have never even existed and they're over there killing civilians for sport. And is our freedom really at risk?

So lump every US soldier ever into the same category because the war in the Middle East is bull *@$%? Ok.
I'm saying... You don't respect Vietnam, Korean, or WWII vets? 

What I don't understand is why we HAVE to pay respect to soldiers. And don't come at me with that whole "they're fighting for your freedom", get the %!*% outta here with that bs. They're fighting a war that should have never even existed and they're over there killing civilians for sport. And is our freedom really at risk?
Okay I've had enough with this crap.You want to know why you are supposed to respect a soldier .That soldieris not the one of baby killing illiterate ,sociopath.That is the one of man who would sacrifice his life to save you and your family from any enemy that rears his head.That Uniform is one that helped protect our nation in its darkest hours and it brightest days.That soldier risks his livelhood for your sake.He spends hours running ,marching,shooting,to make sure his family your family and your kids your grandkids,your great grandkids and every generation after yours remains safe from harm.He does this until his last breath.He wasn't born to do it,he wasn't bred to do it.He choose to do it.He made a choice that effects your life and his just as much.To disrespect your countries soldiers is the epitome of dishonor .You can respect athletes,rappers,actors yet you don't have the heart to respect the Men and Women who swear to defend this country to their last breath and two the last man.That is disgusting.I have my beefs with this government I too say Im not fond nor do I like various policies ,laws and actions.But I would never ever disrespect these men and women who are taken up arms to support me.They a do job many of us aren't cut out for ,aren't able too,and for some sadly can only dream of.Ironic you can type this because somebody had to die to give you this freedom.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Okay I've had enough with this crap.You want to know why you are supposed to respect a soldier .That soldieris not the one of baby killing illiterate ,sociopath.That is the one of man who would sacrifice his life to save you and your family from any enemy that rears his head.That Uniform is one that helped protect our nation in its darkest hours and it brightest days.That soldier risks his livelhood for your sake.He spends hours running ,marching,shooting,to make sure his family your family and your kids your grandkids,your great grandkids and every generation after yours remains safe from harm.He does this until his last breath.He wasn't born to do it,he wasn't bred to do it.He choose to do it.He made a choice that effects your life and his just as much.To disrespect your countries soldiers is the epitome of dishonor .You can respect athletes,rappers,actors yet you don't have the heart to respect the Men and Women who swear to defend this country to their last breath and two the last man.That is disgusting.I have my beefs with this government I too say Im not fond nor do I like various policies ,laws and actions.But I would never ever disrespect these men and women who are taken up arms to support me.They a do job many of us aren't cut out for ,aren't able too,and for some sadly can only dream of.Ironic you can type this because somebody had to die to give you this freedom.
Agreed. Nothing more needs to be said.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

/thread

Back
Top Bottom