roll.gif

I think the Knicks have a good feeling they won't land Lebron so there Pursuing Johnson & Amare

Honestly, i rather have Wade. Sure Lebrons good, but this guy is way too full of himself, kind of like a NY'er.

When personality clashes in the lockeroom, its over.

My IDEAL situation:
Rubio-Wade-Gallo-Lee-Dalembert/Whiteside?
Haslem-Walker-Rautins

Dont ask me how this could possibly happen, but tell me thats a good team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

bulls fan coming in peace

atleast we can agree that regardless who goes where, the knicks, heat and bulls could be from real good to great and from playoff contenders to championship contenders

the rivalries will be renewed and the nba will be great again just like the 90s

good luck to u knicks fans beginning july 1st

faaf42343cf1.gif

fair enough

u mad lebron leavin? lol

I haven't watched Joe Johnson enough to be familiar with his game. But wouldn't signing him kind of be redundant with Gallo and Chandler already here? I know he is better than those 2 at this time, but it seems that with his age, his game has already peaked and he isn't gonna get any better. Unlike Gallo and Chandler who have a great upside. The Knicks really need a couple of good big men to round out the team. And if you are going to be giving a max contract to a guy to play a position (SG/SF) where there is already a logjam, he better be a superstar (i.e. Lebron, Melo, Wade). I just dont see Joe Johnson as that guy. I would have loved to sign Camby along with Amare, but since Camby resigned with Portland, that ain't happening. If neither Wade or Lebron is coming here, I would hope the Knicks could trade Eddy Curry's expiring contract and a portion of the available cap space targeted for the second free agent, and get a difference maker such as Chris Paul or Melo. I would personally prefer a combo of Melo and Amare over Lebron and Bosh.

I take it ESPN or other media outlets won't put out the denials of these reports from the Bosh and Johnson camps.

If the Knicks can't land LeBron/Bosh, then they're better off in the long-term trading for a player with one year left on their contract than signing second tier free agents to (near) max contracts for five years.

Yall can get Duhon outta here. Chandler too. This upside talk aint cutting it. If JJ has already peaked why not take him? Why assume this upside these younger players have will surpass JJ?

Regardless if we were able to land Melo or CP3 I'd be fine with them giving up Gallo and anybody else on the roster of worth.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yall can get Duhon outta here. Chandler too. This upside talk aint cutting it. If JJ has already peaked why not take him? Why assume this upside these younger players have will surpass JJ?

Regardless if we were able to land Melo or CP3 I'd be fine with them giving up Gallo and anybody else on the roster of worth.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

bulls fan coming in peace

atleast we can agree that regardless who goes where, the knicks, heat and bulls could be from real good to great and from playoff contenders to championship contenders

the rivalries will be renewed and the nba will be great again just like the 90s

good luck to u knicks fans beginning july 1st

faaf42343cf1.gif

pr0phecy718 wrote:
Animal Thug1539 wrote:
Everybody mad?

roll.gif

Yup.
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm not saying give JJ the max. I'm saying if it's between JJ and Chandler (maybe even Gallo), I'd take JJ.

Also, Allan Houston was a great New York Knick. The management and entire adminstaration was in disarray when they gave him that max contract.

[h1]Knicks plan to meet with Stoudemire, Johnson in L.A. after 9 p.m. PT Wednesday[/h1]
Originally published: June 27, 2010 8:00 PM
Updated: June 27, 2010 8:20 PM
By ALAN HAHN  [email protected]
image.JPG

Photo credit: Jason DeCrow | Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni reacts during a game against the Detroit Pistons at Madison Square Garden. (March 3, 2010)

The Knicks appear ready to turn Plan B into their first move of the free-agency season.

Before they sit down with LeBron James on Thursday afternoon in suburban Akron, Ohio, Knicks officials have tentative plans to fly to Los Angeles on Wednesday with the intention of quickly arranging a meeting with Joe Johnson and Amar'e Stoudemire sometime after 9 p.m. Pacific time (midnight in New York), which would be after the NBA's free- agency period officially begins.

Johnson, who is represented by L.A.-based agent Arn Tellem, is expected to be there Wednesday; Stoudemire, represented by Santa Monica-based agent Happy Walters, already has arrived in Hollywood for last night's BET Awards.

Johnson and Stoudemire are close friends from their early days in the NBA with Phoenix, where they played for (and developed under) Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, and have discussed teaming up again as free agents.

The Wednesday plan was first reported Sunday by ESPN, which said the meeting already is scheduled and that the Knicks will meet Johnson in L.A. and Stoudemire in Phoenix. Two NBA sources close to the situation denied the accuracy of the report and told Newsday that both players will be in Los Angeles and that neither has any meetings officially set up with any teams.

The Knicks, by NBA rules, cannot contact either player until 9:01 p.m. Pacific time. Of course, it is common for conversations to take place via backchannels and liaisons, which is how the meetings already were scheduled with James, so it is likely that Johnson and Stoudemire already are aware the Knicks contingent will be in L.A. on Wednesday and will be calling at 9:01 p.m.

The Knicks initially have targeted James and Chris Bosh as the top priority with their nearly $35 million in salary-cap space, which is more than enough to offer two max contracts that start at $16.5 million each. But with a growing belief that James is more enamored of the Bulls' championship potential should he join Derrick Rose, along with the global connections of Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, and with Bosh almost a lock to join Dwyane Wade in Miami (remember: information is exchanged via backchannels), the Knicks are preparing to switch gears.

Johnson still has to decide whether he plans to opt out of his current contract with the Atlanta Hawks, who have planned to offer the All-Star guard his full maximum contract extension. The feeling, however, is that Johnson is most likely to explore his options in free agency and likely will do so after he meets with the Hawks this week.

Stoudemire is in the same situation. He will sit down with the Suns Tuesday to listen to owner Robert Sarver's best offer, but all indications are that he will opt out. Stoudemire is believed to be looking for his full maximum contract.

Because neither is a true leading man, the Knicks might try to convince them to agree to take slightly less than their full max in the first year so they could afford to add a high-end third player, either via free agency or trade, to create a formidable lineup.

Two well-placed NBA sources told Newsday that Spurs guard Tony Parker already has talked to Stoudemire about teaming up with the Knicks. A Johnson-Stoudemire tandem would desperately require a high-end point guard.

Parker, who has one year left on his contract and has been replaced by George Hill as the starter, has told confidants that he wants the Spurs to trade him to the Knicks. The Spurs maintain they have no interest in trading Parker, but the Knicks will keep trying. With few assets to offer, however, it would be a difficult maneuver without adding a third team to the mix.

Another option would be for the Knicks to explore a trade with the always cost-conscious Hornets for second-year guard Darren Collison. If they can't acquire a point guard by trade, possible free-agent candidates include Ray Felton, Steve Blake and Luke Ridnour.

animalthug you a fool for that gif
roll.gif
what movie?

all these "done deal" reports are bull anyway, unless you in the inner circles of these players you don't know squat

Back
Top Bottom