Well Lee n bosh numbers is wry very very very similar and lee can shoot better BUT is lebron gonna think of it this way ?

If we get Lee and not bosh we can still have a good amount of $ left over.. Probably a 6-7 mill difference that we would of gave bosh..

I'm just waiting.. Too much possibilities to think about

Well Lee n bosh numbers is wry very very very similar and lee can shoot better BUT is lebron gonna think of it this way ?

If we get Lee and not bosh we can still have a good amount of $ left over.. Probably a 6-7 mill difference that we would of gave bosh..

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h1]New York Knicks looking to trade into first round of draft for shot at Maryland's Greivis Vasquez[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_maryland_michigan.jpg

Maryland's Greivis Vasquez wins the Bob Cousy award as the nation's top point guard.

The Knicks are looking to trade into the first round of Thursday's draft to select one of three players, including Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez, a team official told the Daily News late Monday.

The club is debating between Vasquez, Iowa State power forward Craig Backins and New Mexico small forward Darington Hobson. Brackins had a strong workout with the Knicks, who see him as a legitimate 3-point threat.

The Knicks don't have a first-round pick but do own picks 38 and 39. They don't believe any of the aforementioned players will be available at that point in the second round.

Last season, the Knicks traded into the first round and gave the Lakers $3 million for the rights to point guard Toney Douglas. Oklahoma City, which selects 21st and 26th, is willing to trade one of its picks, as are the Bulls, who currently own the 17th selection.
I TOLD YA Ns
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i doubt the bulls would want to trade their pick with us...so forget them
grin.gif
laugh.gif

The talk here in Chicago is packaging that pick and heinrich/deng to free up more cash.

Eddy Curry can also sit his rear end at Harold's and chill. No one wants him anywhere. I felt a little bad about how NY treated him, but he brought a lot of it on himself.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

grin.gif
laugh.gif

The talk here in Chicago is packaging that pick and heinrich/deng to free up more cash.

Eddy Curry can also sit his rear end at Harold's and chill. No one wants him anywhere. I felt a little bad about how NY treated him, but he brought a lot of it on himself.

giving the fat piece of crap a pay advance and making him go to the gym. yup, NY treated him terribly

this idiot forgot his own sneakers for a pre-season game where the owner was attending.

So exactly how long will it take after July 1st before all this mess gets sorted out? Are we talking weeks here or maybe a few days?

I felt a little bad about how NY treated him

I've more or less been a Curry supporter in a way, but he honestly has been given every opportunity in NY he could possibly ask for..

from Isiah trying to make him into some type of franchise player giving him the ball all the time, to Donnie and Mike giving him a handful of opportunities to get in actual shape

now this fat +@* wants to pick up his option and then ask to be bought out to join the Bulls with hopes of LeBron begin there? that's funny.

EC knows this is his last hurrah..If he were to repeat last season's performance, he'd be struggling for a vets min in 2011

he seems to finally have gotten the picture tho, I hope he can be serviceable this year

well finally after 2-3 yrs of pure torture, made fun off and getting laughed....it has come to just 8 days left for one of the biggest free agency market ever
pimp.gif

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
DubA169 wrote:

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

grin.gif
laugh.gif

giving the fat piece of crap a pay advance and making him go to the gym. yup, NY treated him terribly

this idiot forgot his own sneakers for a pre-season game where the owner was attending.

Yo dont' roast me, I had a little hometown sympathy for EC. Look at my quote, he ran himself out of here and we were glad when Isiah took him. Plus if you thought Wade had drama in the Chi EC got all kinds of things back here. Exes, babies, AYO accusations from former drivers.

Dude is a mess. Really an example of a guy who just wanted money and now that it is going to run dry he wants to try.

nerd.gif
Perfect timing? Right before the draft? Could it be......[h1]
[/h1][h1]Curry Picks Up 10-11 Option With Knicks[/h1]Eddy Curry has picked up his option for the 2010-11 season with the New York Knicks.
Curry has sought a buyout, but he appears unwilling to accept anything less than the full amount of his $11.276M contract.

The Knicks, however, are now free to trade Curry.

I wanted Trevor Booker for the Knicks. Oh well, I don't know how I feel about Hobson. It'd be a waste of a pick as D'Antoni never plays the bench

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

well finally after 2-3 yrs of pure torture, made fun off and getting laughed....it has come to just 8 days left for one of the biggest free agency market ever
pimp.gif

wait, what...so what were the previous 6 to 7 years then?
nerd.gif
tired.gif

I'm all for Hobson if Chandler is moved. He doesn't have Will's athleticism or talent but he has a more well rounded game. Think his passing would be a nice fit with D'Antoni.

For the picks we have or moving up a little, he's probably my first choice, unless we can get our hands on Dominique Jones

[h1]Spurs veteran Parker has Knicks on wish list[/h1]
Originally published: June 22, 2010 7:17 PM
Updated: June 22, 2010 7:28 PM
By ALAN HAHN  [email protected]

Photo credit: AP | San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker, right, of France, walks down court after the Spurs were called for a foul against the Phoenix Suns during the first quarter of Game 4 of a Western Conference semifinal NBA basketball series, Sunday, May 9, 2010, in San Antonio.

The date that remains circled on every Knicks calendar from 2 Penn Plaza in Manhattan to the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh is July 1, which suggests that there shouldn't be much happening before then.

The Knicks have explored a few options, including Spurs point guard Tony Parker, who has told confidants that he would like to be traded if San Antonio goes with George Hill as the starter. Parker is in New York Wednesday to be part of Steve Nash's annual "Showdown in Chinatown" event, which includes a soccer game among NBA players and soccer stars at Sara D. Roosevelt Park on the Lower East Side at 6 p.m.

Parker has the Knicks high on his wish list, according to a source close to him, but a team source told Newsday that the Spurs have thus far shown no interest in engaging in trade discussions. Parker has one year left on his contract before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

DRAFT: NBA draft prospects | All-2nd Round Team | Best lottery picks

SUMMER 2010: NBA free agent rankings | LeBron-athon

BLOG: Alan Hahn's 'The Knicks Fix'

With a bare-bones roster that has just four players under guaranteed contracts for next season, the Knicks could boost their appearance to prospective free agents by adding a high-profile veteran player before July 1. In 2007, the Celtics acquired Ray Allen on draft night and it was believed to be the key to convincing Kevin Garnett to accept a trade from the Timberwolves to the Celtics a few weeks later. But the Knicks appear to be holding firm with their plan to offer two max contracts to stars such as LeBron James and Chris Bosh (among others) and don't want to compromise any salary-cap space before July 1.

With that in mind, the Knicks aren't likely to package their two second-round picks to move up in the draft or even buy a first-rounder like they did last year when they acquired the rights to the 29th overall pick (Toney Douglas) from the Lakers for $3 million. The Knicks have, however, done due diligence to check the market price for a late first-rounder. Four teams have multiple first-round picks - the Grizzlies and Timberwolves (three) and Nets and Thunder (two) - and the Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Thunder are known to be active sellers.

The Knicks always are mentioned as a candidate to buy a first-rounder because they are a deep-pocketed franchise and teams rely on their inclusion to drive up the price. But it isn't so much the money it would cost to buy the pick as the potential cap space it would take up. First-round picks automatically count against the cap and the salary range for late first-rounders are $850,000 to $1.1 million. That is significant to the Knicks, who will need every penny under the cap to fill out a roster if they do sign two max-contract players.

[h1]Grown Ups' actors ambivalent about LeBron on Knicks[/h1] [h2]June 22, 2010 by NEIL BEST / [email protected] [/h2]
image.JPG

Adam Sandler is a Knicks fan, but fellow Knicks fans might not want the actor/comedian/movie mogul advising a certain about-to-be free agent.

"I would feel bad if LeBron came to New York right now," he said. "I think we're doomed right now, with or without LeBron. I don't see good things happening if LeBron shows up.

"The only thing that could make me happy is if Willis Reed and Clyde decided to play again."

Sandler sounded serious, but one can never be certain when he gets together with friends such as Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade and Rob Schneider, as he did yesterday on a conference call to promote their movie, "Grown Ups," which opens Friday.

The callers were a dozen or so sportswriters, the movie is about former youth basketball teammates and the actors mostly are avid fans, so it did not take long for the conversation to turn to free agency.

Sandler guaranteed James would stay in Cleveland; others held out hope.

"I think he'd be a good fit because he can actually play basketball, and you can't say that about a lot of guys on the team right now," Rock said.

Kevin James, who grew up in Stony Brook, said: "I want him here just because I would love to have another reason to move to New York myself. If LeBron comes, I'm throwing it out there. And not just in the vicinity. We're living together."

When someone asked the actors to weigh in on whether Kobe Bryant has surpassed Magic Johnson as the greatest Laker, a spirited debate ensued, with Rock passionately defending Johnson.

"Not even close," Rock said. "Magic's got five rings, man. Magic beat Bird. Magic beat AIDS. You can't top Magic. He's the greatest winner of all time."

Soon enough, though, things got back to LeBron. Someone asked Rock what winning a championship with the Knicks would do for James' legacy.

"Can we just slow down for a second?" Rock said. "If he just comes and wins a game, I'll be happy. Have you seen our team?"

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

pimp.gif

wait, what...so what were the previous 6 to 7 years then?
nerd.gif
tired.gif

well it wasnt that bad, we had some talent that was fun to watch, marbury, ariza, even steve francis,,,they were fun to watch,,,,i would call the past 3 seasons torture for the fact, that walsh was just beginning to save up money for lebron so it wasnt like playoff or championship season, it was just a get by season for 2010 to get here...u get me?
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom