Walsh Meets McGrady's Agent

New York Post - 01/08 - 10:22 AM EST (AP Photo)

Arn Tellem, the agent for Tracy McGrady, was set to meet with Knicks' president Donnie Walsh on Thursday night.

Tellem does not expect any deal for McGrady to materialize until February.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

i

*gallo shrug*

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
*gallo shrug* has now replaced *kanye shrug* in my NT vocab

I will not be a part of this thread tomorrow night, will be on the edge of my seat rooting for the first Cowboys playoffs win in over a decade
pimp.gif

I see you True, hating in the background.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Arn Tellem, the agent for Tracy McGrady, was set to meet with Knicks' president Donnie Walsh on Thursday night.

Just get rid of Curry
pimp.gif

I come into this thread to forget about football.. and the fact that the Giants aren't in the playoffs

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Just get rid of Curry
pimp.gif
I just want to get rid of Curry at this point. I think we can trade Jefferies a little easier. Now that he's actually being productive for us,teams can see that.

Its funny how Bender could come out of a 3 year retirement and play with a motor and passion that Edyy Curry hasn't played with in his life, even with hisfinancial situation.
smh.gif
just sayin

i'm actually confused to why benders in the rotation.. idk maybe it gives the knicks size and length..

but whenever he steps onto the court he looks clueless
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

i'm actually confused to why benders in the rotation.. idk maybe it gives the knicks size and length..

laugh.gif
trade bait?

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

laugh.gif
Exactly. Dantoni likes lengthy players that can shoot, drive, and play multiple positions (al, gallo, bender, diaw, etc).

Btw i think if jeffries was traded by the deadline, this team will absolutely collapse. Yess i may be the only one, but i want him to stay pass 2010. He can beour artest, pietrus, posey, bowen you get the point. eddy curry must be gone at all costs, but jeffries not so much
grin.gif

I'd say it is unwise to trade Jeffries. He stabilizes this defense & it is clearly evident how much better we play with him on the floor, at thedefensive end. Our recent success has been largely thanks to that defensive front. So to risk destabilizing that now for the sake of a contract that, granted,is very hefty & restrains us for THIS upcoming FA summer, is IMO foolish. We do have room to sign 1 max contract, am I right?

'Bron can play alongside his fat %!$ Nike contract next season, then after that look to land CP3 to fill our desperately needed 1 spot. There I go off todreamland again, but the point I'm trying to make is that 2010 is not Armageddon, especially since we have in place room for 1 max contract.

Figure out how to move Curry without giving up key assets. Tough, but these guys get paid millions to do it.

edit: I swear, I didn't even read Ballinsam's post right above mine. Echoing the same ideas.

if you can't move Curry, you HAVE to move Jeffries.

Yes, he's done a very admirable job and his defense has solidified this team on that end, but..

If you don't, you're stuck with the same exact team next year with the hope of 1 max guy (LeBron)

Trade him and you can afford to re-sign Dave and also go get a PG like Felton or go for the 2nd max contract.

you don't trade him and that 6 mill is still on the books, you can still re-up on Dave, but youre not getting the quality PG or the 2nd big name.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

if you can't move Curry, you HAVE to move Jeffries.

Yes, he's done a very admirable job and his defense has solidified this team on that end, but..

If you don't, you're stuck with the same exact team next year with the hope of 1 max guy (LeBron)

Trade him and you can afford to re-sign Dave and also go get a PG like Felton or go for the 2nd max contract.

you don't trade him and that 6 mill is still on the books, you can still re-up on Dave, but youre not getting the quality PG or the 2nd big name.
Exactly. As much as I am glad to see Jefferies putting in such a great effort for us this year, we need to move him. It's either him or Curryand he has the best chance to be moved.

with lee finally reaching his potential, gallo still improving, and us not even knowing if will can get better..

plus our two rooks..

i like the young nucleus of this team

i don't like the idea of bringing in two star players

we're a playoff team now, just missing a few key pieces

i think we ought to look at sean williams, who the nets are aboutta cut

i know son has a lil baggage, but he's the type of big we need

i think we ought to look at sean williams, who the nets are aboutta cut

i know son has a lil baggage, but he's the type of big we need
if a big is not able to pick and pop here, they are not the type of big needed here. Jordan Hill will be just fine

Plus, he sucks.
we're a playoff team now,
not yet.

*playoff-caliber

do u honestly think we need 1-5 to be a good shooter?

our best basketball in recent memory has come w/ jj in..and son has minimal offensive skill

sean can run, finish at the rim, and block shots

im just sayin he might be worth a look

Back
Top Bottom