Originally Posted by BangDak

oh. lee had his contract year. why is he playing again?

remember the start of the season? hughes was also in the doghouse. isnt he in his contract year too?
Shoot, 3/4 of the team is in a contract year. He can't bench them ALL.
laugh.gif

And allen, I hear you on supporting Mike. He's been here too short a time to turn on him so soon. But I wonder where the undying love was for coaches likeLarry Brown, Lenny Wilkens, Don Nelson, etc.... You know, guys who have actually gotten to the Finals (exception beingDon)...........................................................................

I never "truely" understood why LB was out so fast. it was an damn shame, i had good faith him in him too.

The zone defense has actually been playing pretty well, but it doesnt work on most teams like Orl, Suns, Hawks, Ind, or any 3point shooting team. andduhon+buckets are incredibly slow on switching back on D. teams are basically playing monkey in the middle with them
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

But I wonder where the undying love was for coaches like Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens, Don Nelson, etc.... You know, guys who have actually gotten to the Finals (exception being Don).........
simple, and it wasn't their fault....there was no direction. no plan. All quick fixes.

I'm able to give more room for Mike because there is a goal at the end of this thing and it's a process to get there. There are bumps in the road (theother night in chicago) but big picture, we're still right on track.

I would actually chalk up that slower pace to just an overall slower team, nothing he can do about that. The zone _efense, I will admit, is a good look for thetalent we have.

I think this system fits well with the team, and maybe to Duhon too, i juss wanna see less 3's, and more drives.. thatll mean more free throws and
that would place other team players in foul trouble, which hardly happen to us.. No reason for Chandler to attempt only two free throws a game
indifferent.gif

Nate's Agent to Walsh: Play My Client

spacer.gif

Posted: 12/19/2009 5:58:00 AM
Source: Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

Nate Robinson's agent continues to reach out to Donnie Walsh in an attempt to free his client from Mike D'Antoni's doghouse.

Walsh confirmed Friday that Aaron Goodwin contacted him earlier this week to discuss the status of the fifth-year guard, who was benched for his eighth straight game Friday night as the Knicks (5-3 during that stretch) beat the Clippers, 95-91. According to a source, Goodwin first contacted Walsh the day after Robinson's initial benching against the Magic on Dec. 2.

The Knicks' president of basketball operations described his conversations with Goodwin as "courteous" but wouldn't elaborate any further. Goodwin could not be reached for comment Friday night.

"Anytime he's talked to me he's been very courteous, and look, he wants Nate to get out in front," said Walsh, who was at the Garden Friday night. "I told him, 'Look, from Mike's first statement on this, he said Nate's going out of the rotation but it won't be forever. I'll get back to you.' The idea is to get Nate playing the way (D'Antoni) wants him to, so that's what I'm going with. I'm OK with what Mike wants to do in any game."

Robinson last played on Dec. 1, when he logged just over 10 minutes against the Suns.

[h2]Agent Contacts Knicks About Nate's Benching[/h2]
Dec 19, 2009 11:36 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Knicks president Donnie Walsh confirmed to the New York Daily News that Nate Robinson's agent contacted him earlier in the week to discuss the guard's status.

Robinson was benched on Friday night for the eighth straight game.

According to a source, agent Aaron Goodwin first contacted Walsh about Robinson after his initial benching on Dec. 2 against Orlando.

"Anytime he's talked to me he's been very courteous, and look, he wants Nate to get out in front," said Walsh. "I told him, 'Look, from [coach] Mike [D'Antoni's] first statement on this, he said Nate's going out of the rotation but it won't be forever. I'll get back to you.' The idea is to get Nate playing the way (D'Antoni) wants him to, so that's what I'm going with. I'm OK with what Mike wants to do in any game."

Walsh added that he's not looking to trade Robinson.

"There are conversations going on every day, but that doesn't mean there's going to be a trade," he said, referring to dialogue in the Knicks' front office. "I haven't been shopping anybody....I'm not shopping him."

The New York Knicks say the agent for Nate Robinson (notes) has asked the team to trade the recently benched guard.

A team spokesman says the request was made Saturday and that team president Donnie Walsh will have discussions with Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin.

Robinson, a productive backup last season, hasn't played in the last eight games. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni insists the benching isn't personal, only that he wants to use the players who give the team the best chance to win and that Robinson currently isn't one of them.

D'Antoni grew angry with a series of questions about Robinson's place in the rotation before the Knicks' 95-91 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night.

"We're trying to win," D'Antoni said. "I can't explain exactly every second the ins and outs, and we were on a roll and that roll doesn't quit just because you lose a game. You see over time if this works or not."

A message was left with Goodwin Sports' office seeking comment.

Robinson is averaging only 10.9 points after scoring a career-best 17.2 per game last season. The two-time slam dunk champion re-signed with the Knicks on a one-year deal this summer after generating little interest as a restricted free agent .

good job dantoni. marbury 2.0. way to be a professional.

D'Antoni grew angry with a series of questions about Robinson's place in the rotation before the Knicks' 95-91 victory over the Los AngelesClippersimage on Friday night.

"We're trying to win," D'Antoni said. "I can't explain exactly every second the ins and outs, and we were on a roll and that rolldoesn't quit just because you lose a game. You see over time if this works or not."

why doesn't he understand that you can't pull that ambiguous !!%% in new york city. the basketball fans are too smart for that. if he just explainedhis real reasoning for how it makes us a better team to never play one of the only people on this team who can create their own shot, he would come out lookingmuch better

dude getting angry at the media when he should be mad at himself. you gota be straight up with the fans here. not playing him for a single possession meansthat it's personal, end of story.

this is New York....you can't please everyone no matter what you do. D'antoni is doing fine, I'd be worried if he put Nate back in the rotation allof sudden because he keeps hearing it from the media. He's sticking with his plan and I respect that

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

I'd be worried if he put Nate back in the rotation all of sudden because he keeps hearing it from the media. He's sticking with his plan and I respect that
Like he took him OUT of the rotation all of a sudden right? Give me a break.

Because Larry Hughes only missed 2 games. Had he been benched extensively like Nate is currently we'd be talking about him too.

because nate can ball. if the team is stagnant on offense and can't buy a bucket? put nate in. i don't even understand how this is an argument, hedidn't finish 2nd in the 6th man award for nothing. don't act like he can't help. i would be fine if he played 10 minutes a night. but to not usehim a second? and say it isn't personal? get the %!#@ outa here

a few of us actually said that larry should be playing

hes really are only true two.

anyways sam its from hoop dreams

so this has only been talked about since it's been an extensive benching?

do you want the quotes from game 1 of it?

He's got this bromance going on with Duhon. He still sees a pure point guard in there somewhere.
50% from the field and 3. 15 and 7 since the benching of Nate.

and coach is killing me for benching him. im starting to want a new coach, real talk.
any takers on who said this gem?

D'Antoni just has it out for him.
must be.

His defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duhon's EASILY.

He'd better have a good excuse for this foolery.
defense, lol.

i hope nate gets traded. he deserves better then this.
again, this is after game 1.

you see thats why i never liked d'antoni since he got here
you see, game 1. again.

I mean why does D'Antoni hate him??
guess he hated larry after game 1, too.
dude is stubborn for no damn reason.
yup.

and i dont mind if he benches nate if we're winning, but when you're losing on a consistent basis, i think you need a change.
this might be the winner. cause we are winning now, and you STILL have a problem with it. at least be consistent.

So do not tell me it's due to it being an extensive benching. Yall jumped down D'antoni's throat the first time it occurred.

cot damn youre a vulture

nah im playing
laugh.gif

but you do have a point! & i'm not really worried about this whole ordeal . .

let's just keep winning.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

I'd be worried if he put Nate back in the rotation all of sudden because he keeps hearing it from the media. He's sticking with his plan and I respect that
Like he took him OUT of the rotation all of a sudden right? Give me a break.
yea just like that....me and u don't no what is going on behind the scenes, he must be benched for a good reason and like allen said....we areactually playing well and that's what its about, not Nate Robinson

Back
Top Bottom