2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

i was out of the game for almost 8 years after i stopped working for nike and went to vans... (couldn't justify paying retail after getting the employee discount for 5 years).. then my son was born.. and the playoff XII's released.. i was back.
That's a long break. I can see myself taking one, but I would probably not be out for much. Lol. 
"The game" is lame man. Most of us are just guys and girls that love our shoes and I don't think that will go away.
I understand the frustration with guys being hogs and buying all the shoe you want only to resell at ridiculous prices (I wanted fragments so bad but I got screwed on my add to cart and of course struck out online--only to see 99 percent of all pairs getting flipped for 5x retail).
Luckily with SBs, the beasts ignore almost all of em.
So dude don't sell your shoes. Enjoy them. They aren't commodities like stocks. They're friggin shoes.
I was in the same boat with Frags and RSVPers cancelling their ATC service. However, after I struck out, I didn't feel bad, at least not to the extent I would normally get when I missed out on a shoe I really wanted. I do enjoy my shoes. Just not all of them. Maybe I shouldn't take this so serious. After all, when I started, I didn't think much of it. I had the "they're just shoes" mentality. 
Nope. I'm not as deep into it as I once was. Any shoe with a clear sole got saran wrapped and kept out of the light. I used to not drive in my sneakers. I'd drive in flip flops then change when I arrived at my destination. It's not that deep. I just like having a selection. No more trying to make them last forever and it's too hard to do that when you're paying way over retail for something you missed. I'll probably never pay anything more than $20 over retail for a shoe again. So unless the prices of older shoes drop tremendously they aren't even on my mind.
I've lost the passion to purchase older shoes. I just don't know if it'll come back later. I guess I should take a break and see how it goes. By the way, I would wrap all my shoes. I stopped doing that and actually removed the wrap from most shoes. I kind of stopped caring for them. But I do still like them. I think if someone were to happen to them, I'd be bummed out. Just need to think of what to do.

You
You in the lobby? How you got that much leg room?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
people know to respect the civilists when being around them

What's up 1st post. Just made a couple of new pickups. Love sb's have a few older pair that I rock often will post up soon!

$115.. no complaints here.. they're super nice! thanks for telling me to pull the trigger.. you too @mints, @MaladeeN, and dcypoe81 dcypoe81 !
mrnonchalant mrnonchalant yup.. price was too good to pass.

Definitely a Nice come up fam. I think when I bought mine it was similar situation worn once 2 hours lol Think I paid $140 though I honestly don't remember exactly but it wasn't higher than that.

Any of you guys ever get the thought of getting out of the shoe game? I've been in it for almost eight years and I'm having one of those days where I just want to sell all my shoes. 

I think more about getting rid of most if not all my J's actually trying to sell my carmines now. But I've never thought about getting rid of my dunks. I think if I do it'll be more so cause I feel like I have no more room but not necessarily cause I don't want them anymore. But Yea I agree with others saying you never really get out the "game" you really just take breaks and the itch eventually comes back. Maybe you see someone wearing something and it triggers or you just decide to catch up on what you've missed and something catches your eye. Either way you'll find yourself back.

did yall mention the civilists?

rocked em again today...love em

i know yall like the contrast of the carpet in the movie theatre

I too am a civilists supporter lol Just got my pair a month ago. Haven't worn em yet but sometime soon they'll be un-ds'd. Repped.

Definitely a Nice come up fam. I think when I bought mine it was similar situation worn once 2 hours lol Think I paid $140 though I honestly don't remember exactly but it wasn't higher than that.
Just something to remember to all the folks out there: Some of us paid $180 RETAIL SHIPPED from BP. REEEEEETAAAAIIIIIL.

Last edited:
I think more about getting rid of most if not all my J's actually trying to sell my carmines now. But I've never thought about getting rid of my dunks. I think if I do it'll be more so cause I feel like I have no more room but not necessarily cause I don't want them anymore. But Yea I agree with others saying you never really get out the "game" you really just take breaks and the itch eventually comes back. Maybe you see someone wearing something and it triggers or you just decide to catch up on what you've missed and something catches your eye. Either way you'll find yourself back.
Thanks for the comments. I'm most definitely going to take a break and see how it goes. I'd probably keep a few dunks, (yoth for sure), if I were to get rid of my collection. I saw some guy wearing shoes that I thought were cool and that's how I actually got into this hobby. 

if i pay 200 for 1 pair & 50 for another, im telling people (& myself) that I paid 125 for each. makes sense to me anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom