2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

In the end it's all good with the wifey as long as I prioritize and don't splurge. She just thinks that I always seem to get new shoes "every weekend", which is far from the truth. I try to limit myself to one or two new pairs of kicks a month.

People still matching from head to toe :smh:

everyone cant dress like pharrell sunshine :lol:

Last edited:
I will ask my girlfriend what she thinks of sneakers sometimes because honestly I'm really into her fashion sense. Girl knows how to dress. She'll give me her honest opinion, which generally is similar to mine but I just take it for what it's worth. Sometimes it's good to know what an objective person who isn't solely into sneakers thinks. I would say I've never not bought a pair of sneakers just because she didn't like them though, that's dumb.

Honestly, I was surprised at how good those looked in person.

Ordered from BrickHarbor.com for about $50 if anybody is interested.

On sale for $54 I think, plus I used a RepCode and saved 10% (check the avy :nerd: )

I will ask my girlfriend what she thinks of sneakers sometimes because honestly I'm really into her fashion sense. Girl knows how to dress. She'll give me her honest opinion, which generally is similar to mine but I just take it for what it's worth. Sometimes it's good to know what an objective person who isn't solely into sneakers thinks. I would say I've never not bought a pair of sneakers just because she didn't like them though, that's dumb.
This, but on the flip side my girl also really respects my fashion sense so she'll ask me about what she should wear and we generally agree on what to wear/what not to wear and why and why not.

Although it's only a slight touch of it, atomic red is too vibrant of a color for me and IMO the SOMP's are nice cause they're a clean black/gum colorway added with a metallic swoosh
I just think the SOMP's are way too basic. I don't know why everyone is creaming over an all black shoe. I have plenty of those and REALLY don't need more.

Does anyone mind giving me a quick re-cap of the UCS release?

I shoveled through the old pages but I'm still curious about a few things:

1. How quickly did the grey ones sell out in skate shops? The release looked quite staggered with some shops getting them out the door and others waiting on the official drop date.
2. How much did the greys sell for in shops, generally? It seems as though some were marked up a bit from the 108 box price... But I gotta admit I'm a bit perplexed by Ebay's pricing right now. The resell price on the blacks seem to be quite low given how high they originally sold for, but the greys push 200+ which seems like alot in comparison to the Black concepts exclusive.

As always, thank you all. Really wish I was here to have seen these drop.
It might have taken a while to sell out time wise due to some staggered release times, etc, but for the most part stores sold out the day they released them, usually very quickly. The black was so limited that people jumped on what they could for sure. From what I remember ( I could be wrong), the vast majority of shops stuck to the date.

For your second question, I honestly don't remember. My locals always do box. I'm sure it was just like any release. Some upcharged, some didn't.

More than anything about that release, I remember a lot of people having trouble with getting their package in from Concepts. Like it would come but be in a different box. Or be missing the coozie. Or the ornament was broken. Or they got one lacelock and not the other. I think some people got it corrected when they contacted customer service at Concepts, but it was def a "theme" of the thread during the release.

Less is more a lot of times. White midsole with gum bottom is a dope combo and it sold me.

Last edited by a moderator:
For everyone hiding the boxes from wifey. Won't they still notice once you finally wear them?

My 2 answers to this....

1) I've had these, just decided to wear them now....they are old....(she sometimes believes this because I REALLY take care of my Shoes)
2) Oh, these; I got them for free from "local skate shop" or "local Nike rep"

For everyone hiding the boxes from wifey. Won't they still notice once you finally wear them?

My 2 answers to this....

1) I've had these, just decided to wear them now....they are old....(she sometimes believes this because I REALLY take care of my Shoes)

2) Oh, these; I got them for free from "local skate shop" or "local Nike rep"

Plus, I hide all my New Boxes in the garage and little by little, they come into the house; or a replace older boxes with new boxes.

I wish I could get stuff shipped to my work. The wifey is always on my case about my shoe buying habits :lol: :smh: :x

What do you guys work at where they allow it?

im pretty sure it depends on the company...i work for a fortune 100 company fwiw and i didnt know until last year, that i could ship here to work

i set up my paypal so everything comes to my work address

now i get everything shipped here, instead of boxes sitting in front of the doorstep, unsecure at my house.

There are plenty of jordans my girl hates. She just says there ugly baby, but look good on you.  She was into the skate culture when she was young so I can do no wrong when it comes to sbs.  My only issue is when release day comes and I ask her do you want these she is like no i'm good then a month later I'm on the hunt because now she wants them.

It might have taken a while to sell out time wise due to some staggered release times, etc, but for the most part stores sold out the day they released them, usually very quickly. The black was so limited that people jumped on what they could for sure. From what I remember ( I could be wrong), the vast majority of shops stuck to the date.

For your second question, I honestly don't remember. My locals always do box. I'm sure it was just like any release. Some upcharged, some didn't.

More than anything about that release, I remember a lot of people having trouble with getting their package in from Concepts. Like it would come but be in a different box. Or be missing the coozie. Or the ornament was broken. Or they got one lacelock and not the other. I think some people got it corrected when they contacted customer service at Concepts, but it was def a "theme" of the thread during the release.

Thanks man. Was helpful info!

One of my favorite games growing up hahaha
That game was awesome. I didn't like the second as much, but it was still fun. Such amazing platforming and puzzles. I would break that game back out for the story alone.

Last edited:
when I visit my girl at psu or she visits me down here at umd, I get the whole "wow more shoes" attitude thing going on. It passes over but is still annoying lol

Back
Top Bottom