2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I’m late to the convo on skating in SBs but wanted to share my opinion. I think bruins/blazers feel better for skating but dunks look cooler. Dunks are still good skate shoes but they wear quicker. Though sometimes I just feel better skating dunks knowing I look fly :lol:
Blazer gt have been pretty great, like em more than the normal blazer Sb lows. Few subtle differences are noticeable in overall quality.

Blazer gt have been pretty great, like em more than the normal blazer Sb lows. Few subtle differences are noticeable in overall quality.

My polar blazers are my favorite skate shoes they feel amazing. Not sure if those are GT or not. What are the differences with GT from normal?

I’m late to the convo on skating in SBs but wanted to share my opinion. I think bruins/blazers feel better for skating but dunks look cooler. Dunks are still good skate shoes but they wear quicker. Though sometimes I just feel better skating dunks knowing I look fly :lol:
Yep, I agree with all of that. My favorite is the Koston 2 vulc.

My polar blazers are my favorite skate shoes they feel amazing. Not sure if those are GT or not. What are the differences with GT from normal?
yeah polar blazer low are GT. Reinforced side suede Ollie piece added. And top eyelet is diff.

From normal blazer low: Outsole - diff texture and a slimmer. Different heel cup/better. Different forefoot stitching too, it’s more of a one piece side panel. Feels more refined overall. these grey blazer lows are snug in a 12, but GTs fit so well.

GT left
7814D37C-7D5F-4F18-BC5F-A19D29E937CF.jpeg

C1AF212E-00EB-4E03-B1E6-FDA5B74B9652.jpeg

here’s what I mean about the side panel. One piece from eye stay on normal blazer low, but on the GT the eye stay ends and instead has just reinforced stitching from side panel. Looks cleaner IMO.

Last edited:
Never liked SB blazers. They took forever to break in and the toe is too stubby for me. I didn’t like the lows either, too wide and stubby toes. I skated a pair of GR ‘03 Michigan lows and those were one of the best lows I’ve skated. Thinner midsole, better toes, better materials, and nylon tongues. It’s always a plus seeing something dope on ur feet while skating.

I always wanted a pair of e-cues.Tennis classics were a favorite too. Comparing dunks to blazers is apples to oranges. Cup vs. vulc..

Never liked SB blazers. They took forever to break in and the toe is too stubby for me. I didn’t like the lows either, too wide and stubby toes. I skated a pair of GR ‘03 Michigan lows and those were one of the best lows I’ve skated. Thinner midsole, better toes, better materials, and nylon tongues. It’s always a plus seeing something dope on ur feet while skating.

I always wanted a pair of e-cues.Tennis classics were a favorite too. Comparing dunks to blazers is apples to oranges. Cup vs. vulc..
Def apples to oranges. Just glad the convo is based on skating SB’s
Don’t mind the “stubby” toe on blazers, just think of it as more rounded. The GT are slimmer and fit better I feel. Not sure what you mean about breaking in - mine have been fine. Maybe older versus newer

I remember how stupid I was years ago and passed up a hell of a deal. Long read...

Back in 2011 or 2012 This guy on the solecollector forums who was active in my city thread said he was moving to Cali and was selling his Sb collection for the money to help with the move. I asked if he had Unkles (my 2nd favorite dunk) and he said yeah. I met him at the local mall and he pulled out the shoes and they were in great condition and he only wanted $350. Then he said he has some other stuff and pulled out MF Dooms and said he would give them to me for $100 since I’m buying the Unkles. I took those too. He pulls out Hufs and I believe he wanted $150 but I wasn’t feeling those at the time I don’t know why. Then he says he has the Lucky/Unlucky pack he would sell me for for $400 which I really wanted but stupidly passed. I wasn’t expecting to spend that much money that day and was honestly just excited I finally got Unkles. I think we closed out the deal by throwing in Ghost dunk SB for $50. I hit him up a few days later to try to get the pack and he said he already sold everything. One of my biggest shoe regrets.
E58B5530-83F4-476E-9AD3-6D5797062312.jpeg

Usually I hate the low to hi or hi to low remakes they did for SBs, but if they did a low Lucky/Unlucky set I think we would all be ecstatic about it.

you ever try bruins coldcrush coldcrush ? They're pretty similar to blazers but a litte more narrow in the forefoot. You might like em.

blazer construction is all over the place honestly. the mids are the best in my opinion. the recent GR pairs have had pretty thin padding in the collars but the QS/ premium pairs seem to be better constructed
as far as lows go, the GT are the only lows worth buying. better materials, better lining, the forefoot shape and inner straps/bootie system that mimics the mids. GT blazers are some of my favorite skate shoes currently.

Back
Top Bottom