2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Both are still sitting on shelves in select shops in my area at MSRP in addition both have hit my local outlet in select sizes...

Those two have been my top GR SB's from the new box series....
Would you care to pm me your local info? Been on the hunt for those mint cherry for a while now. TIA.

Not that it matters, but for some reason I always thought BIP was black.

I'm pasty AF. :tongue:

It's funny how we develop mental images of people just from their post content and online identities and stuff. Nothing wrong or right, necessarily, it's just that sometimes we wind up being on point and other times we're way off.

But, John is still Black Thought, no matter what he says.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one but I don't really care for the FTCs. The colors are enh. I'm more hyped for the Brazil's and the navy blue highs.
+1

add me to the list...

the navy blue highs shall be mine in due time

Last edited:
Not that it matters, but for some reason I always thought BIP was black.

I'm pasty AF. :tongue:

It's funny how we develop mental images of people just from their post content and online identities and stuff. Nothing wrong or right, necessarily, it's just that sometimes we wind up being on point and other times we're way off.

:lol:

-Drew

lol. You mean like all GR Dunks do?
Therein lies the question: Do we like shoes because of how they look, because of the meaning behind them, or strictly because of the difficulty as far as obtaining them goes? Maybe a mix of all for some of us. I'll give the Shrimps this, they're a simple shoe that I would gladly rock. Give me the choice between What the Dunks, Pigeons, and Shrimps at MSRP and I would take the Shrimps. I just wouldn't pay market value for them just because it has a Shrimp logo.

Just look at people going insane for those hideous MVP Brons. Think anyone but the purists would care if Nike made a million of those?

Last edited:
Both are still sitting on shelves in select shops in my area at MSRP in addition both have hit my local outlet in select sizes...

Those two have been my top GR SB's from the new box series....

Wanna PM so I can scoop up a 9.5 if available in them Mint Cherry

My point is all statements like that confirm is that QS and HS which have far less supply than GRs sell out faster. in layman's terms a shoe with 15,000 units will disappear faster than a shoe with 150,000 units. In related news, the sky is blue.

Finally scooped up a pair of Cheech n Chongs from Todd Bratrud's ebay.

So stoked, very excited to see my pair.

Index in Dallas just put on their IG they got a restock of shrimps and premier dunk lows in limited sizes. No phone orders but still interesting they got some.

New pickups this week, got the brazil dunk lows from the local shop during their Memorial Day sale for $65 after tax. Pushead 2s off of craigslist for $130!

Last edited:
New pickups this week, got the brazil dunk lows from the local shop during their Memorial Day sale for $65 after tax. Pushead 2s off of craigslist for $130!
thats a good deal on the pusheads, thats how much my local charges for QS 
tired.gif

Finally scooped up a pair of Cheech n Chongs from Todd Bratrud's ebay.

So stoked, very excited to see my pair.

how much did those end at?

Therein lies the question: Do we like shoes because of how they look, because of the meaning behind them, or strictly because of the difficulty as far as obtaining them goes? Maybe a mix of all for some of us. I'll give the Shrimps this, they're a simple shoe that I would gladly rock. Give me the choice between What the Dunks, Pigeons, and Shrimps at MSRP and I would take the Shrimps. I just wouldn't pay market value for them just because it has a Shrimp logo.

Just look at people going insane for those hideous MVP Brons. Think anyone but the purists would care if Nike made a million of those?

Them Brons are horrid.

But, exclusivity plays a role in the mind of "purists" too. I'd be lying if I said it didn't influence me at all. The issue is whether it DEFINES your preferences, or merely plays a role, among many other things, in influencing them.

United Boardshop Lakewood has a FSR of the FTCs for sale. They aren't doing phone orders but for whoever is in the area this might be good for you.

Idk about you guys but i hate seeinh a milliom people in the same shoes as me (even tho i have some vans and converses.) Doesny play a role in how much I like the shoe since I have mostly GRs. But it does play a role in how long I keep em DS. I dont see many people in SBs so they get rocked asap. Jordans though.... i have at least 6 DS pairs and will probably have 10-12 by the end of the year that wont see the light of day anytime soon.

But, IMO, that argument of "I don't like wearing what other people do" goes out the window when you collect Jordans.

Aside from black chucks, and all white AF1s, (and 5950s if you're a shortly LOL), numbered Jordans - especially 1 - 13 - are among the most popular and easily recognizable shoes in the history of footwear. If you truly don't want to wear what everybody else does, why would you choose to collect some of the most popular and ubiquitous sneakers of all time?

...See, people want everybody to know what the shoes they have on are, but they don't want them to have them too. ...That's the same core mentality behind the "hypebeast" crowd. The easiest way to achieve that is to buy super expensive famous kicks that most won't have for pure economic reasons - and that's what a lot of "HBs" do. Working the same mentality with older GRs is a bit more noble, in some respects, but it is still essentially letting what the next man/woman wears dictate what you do. That's sort of high school level mentality, IMO. Just rock whatever you want to rock whenever you want to rock it. I'm an old fart, but I barely pay enough attention to know what "everybody" is rocking in the first place -- I assume it's whatever pleather Jordan dropped last week.

Last edited:
I dont care if people know what it is I wear or not. I'm about to get a few Common Projects. That argument does not go out the window. People only know they are jordans because of the jumpman symbol. Until recently if you take that symbol off and people dont even know what they are. IDK tho. I havent always lived in america and throughout europe i see next to no one in jordans in comparison. Dunks, AM1s and 90s, and miscalleanous retros fly off the shelves way faster than Jordans in most of the countries I lived in. And when I came to america i still didnt see many people in jordans.

By the time I start wearing mine very few people have em. I dont minf waiting to rock so make most shoes GR for all I care.

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Repped

I remember a couple pages back when you were talking about humble bragging and then you uploaded a series of pictures... you really are the master of the humble brag, those silver boxes alone 
pimp.gif

Loving those Iron homie....

REPPED...
Wanna PM so I can scoop up a 9.5 if available in them Mint Cherry
Would you care to pm me your local info? Been on the hunt for those mint cherry for a while now. TIA.
PM's have been sent to both of you!

On another note, I broke these out after a 6 year hibernation to hit up the local outlet..
Can't beat $49.99

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom