2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

You can see his collection without him posting it if you want...

dunkSB412 on Youtube... Or pittsburgh_kicks on Instagram. Enjoy SB thread.

FROM THE MAN HIMSELF

I gotta cool story on how I met Mr. Bratud but ill save that for another day. Gotta get some sleep!

BIG DISCLAIMER: Listen, I come up with topics to encourage healthy CIVIL discussion or debate in the thread. With that said, there's a lot of VERY WELL EDUCATED people in this thread and they are very opinionated, which is why this thread is the best on NT. There are lots of what I like to call "mental sharks" in here, one of which refers to himself as being "verbose". If you can't take someone challenging your opinion/stance/view on a topic or if you can't defend your stance intelligently in an adult manner without hurling insults, getting butt hurt, becoming wildly emotional or childish don't bother to answer the questions at ALL. If you feel that you simply just don't want to lock horns and discuss, that's fine as well, either don't respond to the person that is engaging discussion with you by saying "I will not discuss" or simply see that "certain" question that you feel will cause debate and DON'T AWNSER IT. Don't get CHILDISH NT, we're ALL ADULTS HERE. Now with that said, on to the topics.

Now after watching the video of Clark I ask you:

Question #1: Do "sneaker celebs" hold any weight to you? What place do they have in the community? What are your experiences with them, if any? Does their existence hurt the community at all? What are your thoughts on people that aspire to be them? Have you learned anything from them?

(Question #1 disclaimer: I KNOW there are some "sneaker celebs" that are in the music industry as well (i.e Wale, Clark Kent, Trinidad James), and I know that gives them influence and may be used to make a point BUT THIS ISN'T THE MUSIC THREAD! I don't want to see this break off into album reviews.)

Question #2: What is the most underrated Nike SB?

(Question #2 disclaimer: Remember my "BIG DISCLAIMER"? Don't get butt hurt.)

Question #3: If you were Nike SB what one ( I'll allow up to 3 collabs, ONLY 3!) musical artist (ANY genre) would you collab with? Why? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

FORMAT:

1.) Name of artist and dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop, but DON'T get too loose with it.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

(Question #3 disclaimer: AGAIN, THIS ISN'T THE MUSIC THREAD! I don't want to see this break off into album reviews. Any talk about the artist music should be brief and kept within the confines question #4 of the FORMAT section, if any.)

Question #4: If you could render ONE silhouette/model "useless" from the Nike SB brand and scrap them, what model would it be and why?

(Question #4 disclaimer: Again, remember my "BIG DISCLAIMER"? Don't get butt hurt.)

FROM THE MAN HIMSELF

I gotta cool story on how I met Mr. Bratud but ill save that for another day. Gotta get some sleep!
Starting bids on the few shoes that are up on ebay seem kinda high especially since the "reserve isn't met" is on too. I guess these will go for ridiculous prices since they are "from the man himself" as you said.

Last edited:
Starting bids on the few shoes that are up on ebay seem pretty high especially since the "reserve isn't met" is on too.
Link? Did a search and got nothing.

Once this hits one of the sneaker blogs, it's OVER.

1. I don't give a damn about sneaker celebs or anyone else. I have a modest collection and it doesnt bother me the least bit. Other people collecting thousands of shoes has no effect on me. I have never met anyone who aspired to be like a sneaker celeb. Again I am the only one of my friends who even collects shoes.

I do follow female sneaker celebs on instagram. But that is mostly to admire their bodies. The sneakers are a bonus.

I wish I had another pair. I beat these to death.

3. I think it would be cool to have a Dr. Dre ***** collab with a shoe that looks a lot like the Zig Zag logo. Dunk Hi of course

They would be called The Chronics

IDK I can't make shoes. I do know it would have been a lot like the Chong Dunks

4. The Janooskis
You can't be a skate shoe and a boat shoe. It is one or the other. Stop wasting materials.

Last edited:
Q.1 I think the whole ''Sneaker Celeb'' term is silly. Your titled a celeb because you have numerous sneakers numbering in the thousands or because you have exclusive cw's that nobody else can get? People are so quick to manipulate a culture in order to get some attention and fans. Take for example DJ Delz, when he first started doing videos on the tube he seemed like a average, genuine, cool, sneaker head, guy right? But as soon as he started picking up fans and his subscriptions numbered in the thousands, his ego became bigger then his head. He acts like he's an actual celebrity. To me that man is only getting these shoes to garner attention, he even said it on one of his older vids, he said and I quote ''I'm not a sneaker head, I only do this for the fashion because I like nice things '' So my question is.. why create the videos? :smh: This game is a joke. I'm glad the popularity of SB's died down and the mass focused their attention on the J's and Foams. Every post I read in this thread is a breath of fresh air compared to the posts in the JB thread. A lot of cool cats circulate in this thread and it's awesome that I am a regular in here. :smoking

Q.2 I think that the most underrated SB are the Paul Urichs. People still to this day sleep on those. It's a damn shame because I love that colorway and I think it's amazing. Whether it be the concept or the use and quality of the materials used.

Q.3
FORMAT:

1.) The artist I would use would be OUTKAST and the shoe would be a low.
2.) ATLIENS

3.) Materials used would be mainly suede and leather.
4.) The inspiration comes from their album ATLIENS. Colors of the sb would be inspired by the album cover and the lining notes.

5.) Released in Skate shops around the nation. US only release. Treated as a GR. :smokin

Last edited:
Humblebragging - duke, you are doing it wrong.

Here, let me show you how its done.

Step 1: Nonchalantly post something, like... "Not formally an SB Dunk"

This is the classic misdirection set-up, as it gets people to think you might be about to posts some clearance Bruins or something.

Step 2: But, then post something like this...

Oh, so it's not an SB Dunk because it's from prior to the formal formation of SB - the "Pro" Era.

At the same time, pretend that you had no idea that the background was like several 4 ft high rows of boxes of original releases from before half of NT was born.

Step 3: For bonus points, mention how you love the Camper colorway and post a second unrelated pic as evidence.

Step 4: Collect Reps.

laugh.gif
BIP, as always, you nailed it!  REPPED!!!

Thanks guys, I'm here to entertain as much as to educate. :D

Seriously though, Dunksb412, this group is a very civil and forgiving bunch. If you want to be abrasive and catch static, that's your thing. There are plenty of people who join NT just to push the envelope and rile people up. Kanye shrug. But, if you want to be part of the community, just drop the pissing match act and contribute. You have an awesome collection? Contribute. Post pics of some of your favorites. Spread info, since you're a (self-professed) vet and plugged in. If you want to be part of the community all you have to do to be embraced is act as if you aren't above it. If you don't, then don't waste your time or that of others - it will only lead to annoyance and then banned camp.

Word..... REPPED BIP

my answer for #2: marshall amps

agree with supreme tho, ulrichs are def underated as well...

Back
Top Bottom